“Terrific campground” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Trav-L-Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virginia Beach
Holiday Trav-L-Park
You added Holiday Trav-L-Park to your Saves list
1075 General Booth Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA   |
Hanover, New Hampshire, United States
“Terrific campground”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Extremely pleased with this VA Beach campground. Clean, quiet, and well maintained. Upon check-in staff were very friendly. In fact, we stopped to check the nearby KOA out and were disappointed with the lack of friendliness plus the place looked tired. So glad we went to Holiday instead.

The best was how staff member Phil was instrumental in me getting my purse back (it was lost in charleston SC). Someone in SC found my purse and called the Holiday travel park since I had a receipt in the wallet. He then contacted me with contact info for the person who found it. Phil went above and beyond the call of duty. We are very grateful for his diligence. We would gladly return to this campground.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here August 2013. We went as a family of six in a 24 foot hybrid trailer. We stayed in one of their super sites that consists of full cement coverage, sewer, water, cable. The picnic table is huge and very heavy duty, could easily fit 10 people.

It rained every night while we stayed here, but none of the people in the super sites really cared. The people on the basic sites on the other hand were getting mud and water pooling around them. Which is why I say you need to get a super site. Its the difference between enjoying your vacation or wanting to just go home.

They had a lot of nightlife activity around the pool that usually wound down around 11:00PM. The pool is very nice and the grounds in general are very well kept. Some of the bathrooms are newly renovated and look nice but are not cleaned/maintained as often as they should be this time of year - but nothing horrifying.

Overall this is one of the best campsites we have been to (Disney setting the bar of course) and would definitely recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Get a super site!!
Pennsville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was my fourth stay at this campground. The campground has gone downhill this year for sure. I booked my "super site" as usual and the sites themselves in that area are just as nice as my prior visits. However, the campground has now decided to store unoccupied RVs at the facility and the storage just happens to be the surrounding perimeter of the super sites. It makes the area look extremely trashy. I have no idea why in the world they would choose to put the empty RVs there but for the amount I'm paying for the super site I don't want to see all those unoccupied trailers sitting around, plus a lot of them are filthy dirty. The campground does have a lot of entertainment, however, with offering bingo every night I feel they should update their equipment. To still use an old fashioned hand turned bingo cage when you have such large groups playing every night is ridiculous. They also tend to play some crazy bingo games. That's fine, however, they should offer a sample sheet at each table for reference. With so many people there, and many of them from Canada (speaking a different language), the extensive clarification for each game and the constant questions were annoying. I am not sure I'd return to the campground unless they decide to remove those stored RVs away from the super sites. I may have to look elsewhere for my next VA Beach stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Sites get flooded in the rain. We had a nice site (size wise) but we were totally parked in a bowl and so got flooded and filthy. And there was no way to move. They suggested it was our air conditioner making the flood - ya our garbage was floating away! They put a bucket of sand down for us. Yeah! Bathrooms/ showers were not nice nor clean. My husband found a huge "smelly surprise" in one of the shower stalls. A few rules would be good - little kids riding around on bikes after dark, not smart. And while I'm Canadian the excessive amounts of Quebecers is a little annoying - but expect that at any beach location. And don't get me started on the laundry room - at least 1 in 3 machines were out of order and the dryer I used did nothing after I pumped many quarters in it and then my clothes were smelling moldy for the next week. The supersites are amazing and make you feel like you are the poor folk if you are not in There. But they are booked a year in advance, so good luck. The parking lt at the beach is nice ti have. Some investment is needed in this park. I will not be back!

Room Tip: Get a supersite
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Live entertainment by the pool everynight is definetly a plus as said below. Showers were ok,a little moldy on the ceiling and bathrooms smelled a little but definetly better then some. We had a great cabin location. Do not buy the firewood it does not burn!!! Beds are terribly uncomfortable,bring a air mattress to throw over it. French canadians are rude, would not recommed even making eye contact. Overall good place.

• Stayed August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

It was amazing, the atmosphere is so ''resortish''. The live music every night really helps the pool. The pool is supposed to close at 10pm but with the live music, it does not close til 11pm or past. The only thing that could be improved is the service at the front office, they don't really know to much about the area and they can hardly speak english because they are all french.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, pick the sites at the back of the park.
Fairfax Station, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

First, we were there during the week of the 4th - totally sold out. The campground is nice - has multiple pools, all the facilities you would need, a shuttle to the beach. Because it was at full capacity, it felt a bit crowded, but everyone was extremely pleasant and curfews/quiet hours were pretty much adhered to. They have a "supersite" area (obviously more expensive) and it is pure first class and beautiful. You can get cheap campsites all the way up to the supersites. This is a popular spot for french-speaking Canadians from Quebec, so you'll hear plenty of french. It is also in the flight path for Dam Neck NAS, so you'll hear the "sound of freedom". That may bother some - didn't bother us.

We had a problem with our electric hookup, and someone was out to fix it within 15 minutes (during this very busy season).

So overall, while we didn't say "wow, this is the most awesome place ever", we still felt it was nicer, friendlier and offered much more than the KOA just down the street. "WES" sites weren't huge, but weren't bad. It was a good experience for being a crazy week to be at the beach.

Room Tip: If you're looking for cheap, they have it -- but if you want to pay extra, the "supersites...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Trav-L-Park? Share your experiences!