“Overrated?” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tapped is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 1,238 restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Overrated?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped by this restaurant after running a bunch of errands. We came in before 5 pm, so the restaurant was pretty quiet. There were a lot of servers around that were just chatting and hanging out and were borderline obnoxious considering there were still a couple tables eating in the dining room, although our server was fairly inattentive and devoid of personality considering she only had one or two tables. We just did an appetizer and some burgers and they were good, but nothing spectacular. I felt like the menu was a little overpriced and the gastropub description was a little pretentious for what it was. They did have a great beer menu, and I will say that my boyfriend was a bigger fan of the place than I was. I thought the restaurant overall was just as I rated it; just average.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“gastropub experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Went there on a Saturday evening for dinner with relatives and ended up with a tap table. interesting experience which we all enjoyed. extensive beer menu for those not interested in pouring their own. We all found the food to be very good and enjoyed 2 chicken entrees and 2 seafood entrees. portions were good and we had some leftovers to bring home. sampled the wings and chicken sliders which were both very good. Entrees ranged between $17 and $23 for our particular meals. patio dining is an option. Service by Ali was great. A nice dining experience and being locals one that we will certain try again in the future.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, CA
“Great service just average food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went there as part of a group and I have to say the servers really stayed on top of things and kept our beverages topped off. The were able to split the checks for our party which was around 15 people which was nice as well. Since I was not drinking beer I can't really comment on that but the food really was just average. I would not make a special trip for the menu here to this restaurant. If I did however have another large group I would absolutely return. Servers are on top of their game!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Big Menu! Great Beer & Quality Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We dinned out side on the covered deck, seated right under a speaker however the waitress was very accommodating and got the volume dialed down in no time so we could order and talk. Excellent beer menu, probably close to 20 mostly craft beers on tap plus a big bottle selection. My wife had wine and my friend’s wife had a pomegranate margarita. All the drinks were great and served quickly. Our meals were generally good, I had a mahi-mahi sandwich, it was very good, more bun than I cared to eat so I didn’t.
My wife’s salad w/ grilled tuna unfortunately had a very fishy piece of tuna on it, cooked rare. Not the fault of the restaurant, she sent it back and the manager immediately appeared to make things right. My wife had lost her appetite for fish and just had a new salad brought. They offered another type of fish, I suggested the mahi-mahi, but no go. So we were all impressed with the attention by the manager and server. I check the bill and we only paid for a salad, not the tuna. Our friends had mahi-mahi w/ crab, it was great I tried it, and my friend had a boursin cheese burger that he said was fantastic. We also had hummus & pita appetizer that was very good. Would definitely return, I’d try the burger and another pint !

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Norfolk, Virginia
“Cool new spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stopped in randomly on a Thursday night which happened to be discounted Virginia beer night! The bartender let me sample a couple different beers before I decided on one that I liked. I had a crabcake sandwich with a side of broccoli and was pleased when it was delivered by the cook himself. I love crabcakes and have had them up and down the oceanfront, and this was one of the better crabcakes I've had, I really enjoyed it. I plan on stopping by again on another Thursday to try more VA beers and explore the menu a little bit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere