“Seth's awesome surf camp” 5 of 5 stars

757 286-7384
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Come ride waves with us today and Experience the Excitement!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Seth's awesome surf camp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Seth Broudy's surf camp is first rate. As a teacher and coach myself, I found Seth and his instructors very knowlegable and skilled. They provide the boards, wetsuits, and rash guards so even if you don't own your own equipment, you can still do this. If you're visting Virginia Beach Seth's surf camp needs to be on your list of things to do. My two boys just finished their second camp with Seth and can't wait to go back.

Visited July 2013

Rochester
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent lessons! - New to surfing kids rate lessons AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My two children age 13 and 10 joined Seth's surf camp for a one day lesson while on vacation. Seth and his team are top rate! They are all very friendly, connect with kids and have a passion for surfing which make the whole day lots of fun. Large group of instructors helped give everyone personal attention and they all were very upbeat and fun. (I thought 4 hours vrs. other lessons at 2 hrs might be too long especially for 10 yr old but it wasn't She loved it!,)

PROS:
-well run, safe, and held on the public surfing beach with lifeguard, parking and bathroom.
-wet suits & safer "soft" surf boards provided
-at our lesson there was a direct one to one teacher /student ration for my kids
-instructors gave personal attention to each student. They guided/pulled the kids each time out through the waves (which especially helped my 10 yr old not get swamped by every wave or tired out by all the paddling).
-Instructors stayed in the water all morning!
-Seth is one of the in water instructors...it's not just his name on the business!
-proper warm up and instruction on the beach before heading out into the water
-all age students, camp surfers were mostly kids but day lessons were kids and adults- all had fun!
-really felt my kids got the attention they needed to try surfing and succeed!
-money was well spent for 4 hours of instruction and fun!

CONS: really can't think of any..it was a great experience for the kids and fun to watch!

This was a great time on our vacation! He promised our kids would be surfing by the end of the lesson and they did many times! They liked it so much we came back for a second day. Pack a mid morning snack as both kids were hungry and they take a break. If you stay to watch bring binoculars to see better.
A great experience and my kids rave about how much fun it was now that we are back home.

Visited June 2013
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My brother, sister, and I recently took surfing lessons from Seth and his instructors. It was awesome! The instructors are all very friendly and know what their doing. You can tell that this isn't just a job for them, they are sharing something they love. Not only are they extremely helpful they have the patience of saints!

Visited June 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
“AWESOME SURF CAMP!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My niece attended Seth's camp last year and she had a BLAST learning to surf in Virginia Beach! Seth is a first class Dude...a "Soul Surfer" of sorts. I sensed that he genuinely enjoys sharing his love of the ocean and surfing with the kids and others.

If your kid wants to learn to surf and have a GREAT time doing so, then SIGN UP for Seth Broudy School of Surfing Camp Virginia Beach because he's a REAL PRO, who's down to earth and PLUS he has a natural ability for teaching! The smile on my niece's face from catching her first wave was PRICELESS!! :) THANK YOU! We'd recommend Seth's VA Beach surfing camp!

Visited July 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“SUMMER SURF CAMP = AWESOME!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My son attended this surf camp for a week last summer and he is so excited to go back again this coming year! He was 6 last year and got up on the first set of wave. Seth and his team worked so well with the kids and my son had a blast. They were awesome in the water and made sure each kid got a ton of time in the water and riding as many waves as they could. I recommend this camp to anyone and everyone that wants to teach their kid to surf.

Visited July 2012