“Great ribs and pulled pork” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #108 of 1,256 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great ribs and pulled pork”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stopped here for dinner on a friend's recommendation. We loved the tender, fall-off-the-bone ribs, which had a wonderful smoky flavor and a tangy/sweet barbecue sauce. The pulled pork was delicious as well. The meal was very reasonably priced.

We're from out of state, but if we lived close by this is definitely one we would return to often.

• Visited October 2013

“Very tender Ribs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We visited with a group of four for lunch, this was our second time at this location for all of us. Once again, the ribs did not disappoint. We started with an order of Onion Rings to share. I would have preferred battered over breaded but we all enjoyed them; very tasty. I would have them again. One of us had the Pulled Pork sandwich; the rest of us the ribs, two half racks and one full rack. These are very tender and pull off the bone easily. The coleslaw is excellent as were the baked beans. Everyone enjoyed the meals. Our waitress was very friendly and did an excellent job. They have four different BBQ sauces to choose from, I personally recommend the spicy over the others. I'm sure we; as a group, will visit again. We think it's well worth a try if you have never been.

• Visited August 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A really, really good rib place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I visited Rib City for lunch recently and had a not so great experience. Based upon my feedback, I was contacted by the manager and he offered to make things right. He didn't disappoint.

My wife and I dined there this past thursday night and couldn't have left with a better experience. Our waitress Kathy was simply supurb and the food and her recommendations were spot on. The fried okra was probably some of the best I have ever had this side of New Orleans. My wife had the lunch size babybacks and I ordered the 1/2 and 1/2 rib special. OMG, the babbacks were fall off the bone good and the St. Louis style were some of the meatiest around. The cole slaw is freshly made and very good, and the baked beans were a perfect accompanyment. The best thing about these delicious meals, the very reasonable prices..

Will I be back? A great big yes!

• Visited June 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Little known jewel for great pulled pork sandwich.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My son suggested Rib City to me and I am glad I went. I had a pulled pork sandwich that was delectable. They make their own coleslaw and it was fantastic! (I am very picky about that.) The best sauces to put on the pulled pork sandwich too. Then the server said that they had homemade desserts. I had the coconut cream pie that was loaded with coconut and made to perfection. I tasted the pecan pie, and don't tell my Mom, but it was better than hers. The staff was very friendly and available. I will definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach
“Wonder How They Stay In Business”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very close to two better rib restaurants, Texas Road House and Frankie's House of Ribs.

Just not that good easier to find better for your money.

Visited March 2013