“Extensive Menu--Indian food good!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Indian
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Extensive Menu--Indian food good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The food at Bay Leaf is really good....the prices are very reasonable and the service is relatively good. Hope they stay in business as it isn't always very crowded when we go.....

“Great place for Indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I dined here on a whim we saw the large sign as we were driving by and figured we'd give it a try. Food was great, the garlic naan was fantastic! Service was good even with the language barrier. One thing was that's would like to add is that the music is a quite distracting. All in all great place

“Good Food :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The food was delicious and well prepared, flavorful and creatively presented. Although I thought i'd have to wait for a while, service was quick the evening I visited because there weren't many patrons. As another reviewer mentioned, there may be a slight communication disconnect between the waiter(s) and customers due to a language barrier. I'm sure there will be more curious people who want to know what's in the dishes if they've never had this type of cuisine before. I'm glad everything's not extra spicy and they will accomodate different tastes for you if you ask for something mild. Prices are reasonable and the portions are good. I loved the naan...I had Murgh Tikka Masala which I highly recommend trying.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bay B, Owner at Bay Leaf Bistro, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind thoughts! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience dining with us! We are glad to hear you loved the naan and Murgh Tikka Masala! We are dedicated to providing an excellent service and dining experience to all of our guests! We hope to see you again soon! Best, AJ (Owner)
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“YUMMM!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The food is so flavorful. Try the garlic Naan bread! I had Aloo Tikki and it was fantastic. Its sweet and mildly spicy. The food takes a little time to come out to you, but its worth the wait. The service is good, but our waiter was a little shaky with his English so it made it hard to ask questions. I had to just be adventurous and try something I'd never heard of. I will go back for sure!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bay B, Manager at Bay Leaf Bistro, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you Laura for your review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our Naan bread and the Aloo Tikki! We are very glad your enjoyed your experience with us and hope to be seeing you again soon for another delicious meal! Best, AJ (Owner)
“Room for Improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This restaurant has only been open for six weeks. I tried the lunch buffet but was not blown away. Some way to go to match the quality and variety of Nawab and Saffron buffets elsewhere in Virginia Beach. The staff were very friendly and service was good. I plan to go again in the evening sometime to try the full menu. The restaurant is the only Indian in the vicinity and I imagine it will benefit at lunchtime in view of the many businesses established around it. There was a good flow of diners while I was there.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bay B, Owner at Bay Leaf Bistro, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We’re disappointed to hear you were slightly unsatisfied with your visit here. We’d like to learn more about your experience, so we can address your concerns. We take our traditional preparation of Indian and South Asian cuisine dishes very seriously and are dedicated to providing great service. We hope to see you in the evening sometime to show you our full compliment of menu items. Please give us a call at (408) 800-1542, if you would like to follow up. Best, AJ (Owner)