“Nice, inexpensive stay...close to the beach” 4 of 5 stars

Oceans 2700
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2700 Pacific Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451   |
Ranked #60 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
Bowie, Maryland
“Nice, inexpensive stay...close to the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our stay at Oceans 2700 was good. The only issue we had was the lack of furniture...no table (except for the nightstand), no chairs, and only 1 trash can. The room appears to be newly renovated and very clean. The white helps with the clean look. The bathroom is a nice size, however, there is no place to sit your toiletries on.

All-in-all we would definitely stay there again. We would be prepared for the lack of furniture and bring our own.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Terri D, General Manager at Oceans 2700, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Lilsmlwonder,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay and our property. I am delighted you had an enjoyable time and thank you for recognizing all the hard work we've put into this property to make it what it is today.

You are correct in the lack of seating and no bathroom vanity space. These are things we are working on and have been working on. Unfortunately it has taken us longer then anticipated, but I assure you, they are coming.

Thank you again for your time and we certainly look forward to your return.

Terri Davis/GM

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We intended to spend a full Saturday night at the hotel, but stayed less than 1 hour. First , the staff was great. Alyssa (hope I spelled her name right), was great. She was very accommodating and went out of her way to maintain the integrity of the property and the safety of the guests.

The room was o.k. The bed was extremely comfortable, for the short time we were there, and the bathroom was nice. The room definitely needs a table or a small couch since the only place to sit is on the bed. Also, there is no room key. The doors have a number punch pad and you have to put in a code. This seems like a good idea, but the code we were given was very long. This is probably not the safest if someone got a hold of your code, or if you are trying to get into your room in a hurry.

Now for the bad part. We happened to be there on College Weekend. While we were trying to decide where to eat dinner we heard a lot of yelling outside. When we went outside there was a crowd of about 50 people yelling and cussing. One set of girls chased another set into their rooms and then began banging on the window. Now, Alyssa did everything that she could. She left the office and tried to chase everyone off the property (2/3 of them did not stay there); however, due to the open access to the street (no gates or additional security staff) she just didn't have a chance. I finally left my room and tried to assist. The police were called and the crowd dispersed.

After that issue, we decided to leave immediately, and I am glad that we did. Alyssa apologized profusely and informed us that it is not always like this. And as a former resident of Va Beach, I can attest that this was just a bad weekend.

All and all, I would try this hotel again; however, I do think that management should have more help at night....and they should definitely give Alyssa a raise!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Andre G.,

I thank you for leaving your comments in regards to our property. You are absolutely correct in that the weekend of your stay was a horrible weekend for all at the beach. I don't think anyone could have been completely prepared for the events that took place. Unfortunately being our first year open, we did not have the heads up as to what all to expect. We've learned the hard way and will certainly be better prepared in the future.

I am pleased to hear of your satisfaction with our property and staff. We do try very hard to keep a clean and respectable place for families to come and enjoy our beach.

Again, thank you for your comments and we do certainly hope you'll return.

Terri Davis/GM
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at Oceans 2700 last August. The Rooms were simple, and well done. The beds and pillows were by far one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, very close to what we have at home.

The staff were warm, welcoming, and friendly. My daughter (4years old) fell in love with the man who takes care of the grounds/maintenence. He was so kind and thoughtful to her, and really made her feel valued. He really made her day.

I will say that the rooms are loud, and I'm not sure that problem could be easily corrected. I struggled sleeping just a little but it did settle down for the most part.

Even considering the noise, I cannot wait to go back! We absolutely loved it.

Room Tip: Choose a room, if possible, that is away from the stair cases.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Terri D, General Manager at Oceans 2700, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Thundersheild,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us and our readers with your comments in regards to your stay with us. I am absolutely delighted you had such a wonderful experience last year August. We have made a few improvements since your last visit and we are certainly looking forward to your return and feedback as to our progress.

See you this summer!

Terri Davis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Oceans 2700 is a bargain hotel ($106 after taxes) conveniently located near the strip in Virginia Beach. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. However, the floors are cold large tiles throughout- no carpet or rug. We stayed in a King Suite, but there was no furniture located in the suite area. Not even a chair. There are no curtains, so we were up by 6am because there is no way to block the light. Also, it's pretty loud. It sounds like you're sleeping right in the highway. If you are looking for a comfortable but moderately priced hotel, pay the extra and go to the Hampton Inn. This place is cheap and clean, but so uncomfortable. Will not stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Aprildl,

Nothing upsets me more then to know I've had a guest leave unsatisfied with their stay. We try very hard to make everyone’s stay just as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

I do understand and can agree to your comments in regards to the lack of seating and curtains in our guest rooms. This is something we've been working on throughout the fall/winter months and I am very proud to say that we have these items on the way.

Aprildl, you commented stating that you would not return due to these issues. I truly hope that you will reconsider and give us another shot. I assure you the rooms will be just as clean and the beds just as comfortable, plus you'll have your drapes to block out the morning sun and seating to kick back and relax on.

We hope to see you this summer.

Terri Davis
Beaufort, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel is a great place to wind down and relax after a busy day in the area. The staff there is very pleasant and welcomes you. Unlike the other hotels in the area that I inquired about were throwing outrageous rates with snotty attitudes. Oceans 2700 offered a rate that was uncomparable with the competition. The rooms were spacious and keep clean on a daily basis and the housekeepers always greated you with a smile and always asked if you needed anything, same with the front desk. The location of the hotel is convienently located to beach access, resturants, and shops. In my opinion, you will not find another hotel in the area that will treat you like family and go out of their way to make your stay in Virginia Beach a stress free and enjoyable one.

Room Tip: Pick any room, they are all clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Terri D, General Manager at Oceans 2700, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dredgeman, R.

"Home away from home"! That's exactly what we strive to be. I couldn't be happier then to know that you've received the message that we work so hard to put out there. Regardless of the purposes of ones travels, we want you to be at peace, feel comfortable, and know that whatever your needs may be, we are here to help. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our property. Your words are greatly appreciated. Thank you and we look forward to your return.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is an old motel which has been painted and new beds added. That is it. This in NO boutique hotel. This in the old Castle Motel. It's still an old worn out motel.
Just as described by other guests, newly renovated and new beds. That's great, now what about the bright lights outside the rooms and the very noisy road 50 feet from your room?

Let's be honest, this is a concrete box with a fresh coat of paint and new linens, that is where it stops. The floors are tile, no other sound reducer in the room so every sound is echoed from outside including the comings and goings of the bunch of low life's in the other rooms. You can hear every sound of TV, toilets and conversation through the walls because there is nothing on any wall to soften the sound other than concrete.

There was no table in the room other than the bed and a small bed side table. No chair or other piece of furniture to sit on. If you need a single night somewhere, this will work. For a good night sleep, this will not do it.

Unable to sleep at all due to the noise and the bright lights shinning through white slats, (who uses white slats on a hotel room?) I requested a refund for the second night to go stay somewhere else, management refused. And of course if you book through Bookings.com they are just as quick to through their hands in the air and say they are not responsible for anything.

Not their problem. Deal with the property direct. When you need them, it shows you where they stand.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cliffie7,

As I understand it you were not satisfied with your stay with us. This is something I would like to further discuss with you in private if we may. We try very hard to meet if not exceed guests expectations of us and when we fall short, we work to fix it. I must say I do find your comments quite disheartening, especially since while you were here, you spoke in such a different tone. I would like the opportunity to correct this wrong if at all possible. I'd like very much for you to contact me when your ready to further discuss our options. Thank you and I truly hope to hear from you soon.
Columbia, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I needed to get away after losing my grandmother this week and decided to travel to VA Beach to relax. I stumbled across this hotel on the internet after the hotel that I initially wanted to stay at room rates went up $30 after 3 pm. The minute I laid eyes on the exterior of Oceans 2700, I was hooked because it was all white....I mean stark white and extra clean which is hard to do that close to the beach! I asked to see a room before checking in and guess what....FABULOUS! Clean from the front door to the bathroom. Elegant but beach appropriate decor, luxurious linens, beautifully tiled flooring and the bathroom was a generous size and nicely designed. Of course we stayed there. This place is amazingly awesome and even with tax beat every price that I found. My only complaint, well more a suggestion, there is a lack of extra seating in the room or a table to sit and eat. But, the accommodations were so nice and peaceful we did not mind eating on the bed. Friendly staff....I felt like I was staying with family!

The sign out front reads "We try Harder" and yes they do. I am very impressed. Thank you for completing a beautiful weekend for us. Whenever I return to VA Beach, I will pray that Oceans 2700 is not booked!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LadySunnShyne,

It was such a delight meeting you and our pleasure having you stay with us. I thank you for your kind words regrading our property and your stay. We do "try harder" so that all of our guests receive the best service and accommodations possible. Thank you again and I look forward to your return.

Been to Oceans 2700? Share your experiences!