“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
Beaufort, North Carolina
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel is a great place to wind down and relax after a busy day in the area. The staff there is very pleasant and welcomes you. Unlike the other hotels in the area that I inquired about were throwing outrageous rates with snotty attitudes. Oceans 2700 offered a rate that was uncomparable with the competition. The rooms were spacious and keep clean on a daily basis and the housekeepers always greated you with a smile and always asked if you needed anything, same with the front desk. The location of the hotel is convienently located to beach access, resturants, and shops. In my opinion, you will not find another hotel in the area that will treat you like family and go out of their way to make your stay in Virginia Beach a stress free and enjoyable one.

Room Tip: Pick any room, they are all clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Terri D, General Manager at Oceans 2700, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dredgeman, R.

"Home away from home"! That's exactly what we strive to be. I couldn't be happier then to know that you've received the message that we work so hard to put out there. Regardless of the purposes of ones travels, we want you to be at peace, feel comfortable, and know that whatever your needs may be, we are here to help. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our property. Your words are greatly appreciated. Thank you and we look forward to your return.

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is an old motel which has been painted and new beds added. That is it. This in NO boutique hotel. This in the old Castle Motel. It's still an old worn out motel.
Just as described by other guests, newly renovated and new beds. That's great, now what about the bright lights outside the rooms and the very noisy road 50 feet from your room?

Let's be honest, this is a concrete box with a fresh coat of paint and new linens, that is where it stops. The floors are tile, no other sound reducer in the room so every sound is echoed from outside including the comings and goings of the bunch of low life's in the other rooms. You can hear every sound of TV, toilets and conversation through the walls because there is nothing on any wall to soften the sound other than concrete.

There was no table in the room other than the bed and a small bed side table. No chair or other piece of furniture to sit on. If you need a single night somewhere, this will work. For a good night sleep, this will not do it.

Unable to sleep at all due to the noise and the bright lights shinning through white slats, (who uses white slats on a hotel room?) I requested a refund for the second night to go stay somewhere else, management refused. And of course if you book through Bookings.com they are just as quick to through their hands in the air and say they are not responsible for anything.

Not their problem. Deal with the property direct. When you need them, it shows you where they stand.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cliffie7,

As I understand it you were not satisfied with your stay with us. This is something I would like to further discuss with you in private if we may. We try very hard to meet if not exceed guests expectations of us and when we fall short, we work to fix it. I must say I do find your comments quite disheartening, especially since while you were here, you spoke in such a different tone. I would like the opportunity to correct this wrong if at all possible. I'd like very much for you to contact me when your ready to further discuss our options. Thank you and I truly hope to hear from you soon.
Columbia, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I needed to get away after losing my grandmother this week and decided to travel to VA Beach to relax. I stumbled across this hotel on the internet after the hotel that I initially wanted to stay at room rates went up $30 after 3 pm. The minute I laid eyes on the exterior of Oceans 2700, I was hooked because it was all white....I mean stark white and extra clean which is hard to do that close to the beach! I asked to see a room before checking in and guess what....FABULOUS! Clean from the front door to the bathroom. Elegant but beach appropriate decor, luxurious linens, beautifully tiled flooring and the bathroom was a generous size and nicely designed. Of course we stayed there. This place is amazingly awesome and even with tax beat every price that I found. My only complaint, well more a suggestion, there is a lack of extra seating in the room or a table to sit and eat. But, the accommodations were so nice and peaceful we did not mind eating on the bed. Friendly staff....I felt like I was staying with family!

The sign out front reads "We try Harder" and yes they do. I am very impressed. Thank you for completing a beautiful weekend for us. Whenever I return to VA Beach, I will pray that Oceans 2700 is not booked!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LadySunnShyne,

It was such a delight meeting you and our pleasure having you stay with us. I thank you for your kind words regrading our property and your stay. We do "try harder" so that all of our guests receive the best service and accommodations possible. Thank you again and I look forward to your return.
Shrewsbury, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at the Oceans 2700 for a week in January during my nephew's wedding. We have lots of family in the area that we usually stay with but didn't want to add extra stress to anyone at this busy time. After reading the reviews and seeing the great weekly rate, we decided to give it a try and we were not disappointed in the least. The staff is super friendly and helpful. From the office staff to housekeeping, everyone went out of their way to make us comfortable and welcome. The rooms were clean and recently renovated and the beds were so comfy that my husband, daughter and I seriously didn't want to leave them and slept as long as we could in the morning. I even asked if the office could tell me where they purchased their sheets, they were so soft! The location was perfect! A Subway on one side and a 7-Eleven on the other and only a block to the central area of the boardwalk. Also, you don't want to miss a short walk to Murphy's, where the food is great and the fireplace is so cozy.
Each room has is a small refrigerator and microwave and the beds can be moved to accomodate a queen-sized inflatable mattress for extra little ones. No need to bring shampoo, conditioner or lotion as there is ample supply for everyone with wall dispensers, however, do bring your own blow dryer. The floors are tiled so they are great for those with allergies but do bring slippers in the winter. I would suggest to staff that they work on blocking out the light from the outside as it is quite bright in the rooms at night, even with the blinds shut, but that is easily fixed if you bring an eye mask Also, the beds are quite high and there is no chair in the room, which makes it difficult to put on shoes, but we had a fold up beach chair, fortunately, that we used. Another suggestion is an extra waste can so that there is one in the bath and one in the room itself. The showers have a very invigorating spray and tend to spray right through the cloth shower curtain so be sure to put a towel on the floor in front of the tub to avoid slipping when you step out. All in all, you can't find a better stay for the price in the off season, and probably in the high season as well, and we will definitely be staying here again when we come to town. Also, kudos to the wonderful staff for calling us to let us know that we forgot some new clothing in the room even before we noticed it missing. This was, by far, the nicest MOTEL that we have ever stayed in and we highly recommend it to the budget conscious traveler.

Room Tip: Three floors and no elevator so if you don't travel light, are elderly or have a handicap, reque...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Terri D, General Manager at Oceans 2700, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
JHuggins,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to express your experiences with Oceans 2700. We are delighted you and the family enjoyed your stay. We take much pride in knowing our guests are comfortable, accommodated, and satisfied. As you and I discussed through e-mails, I welcome your suggestions and take them very seriously. Guests like yourself allow us to know exactly what our guests need and want. I wanted to let you know the we are currently working on some of those suggestions and should have in place by your next return.
I thank you again for your time, comments, and suggestions. We look forward to your return.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Oceans 2700 was the best motel I have ever stayed at in Virginia Beach. The management was amazing and everything was clean. The price was great and they had pool. The location was great so if you stay you can invite the little ones.

• Stayed January 2013
Terri D, General Manager at Oceans 2700, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Susieleeee,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Oceans 2700. I am thrilled you had such an enjoyable stay with us. We take pride in providing our guests with superior services and accommodations. Again, thank you and we sincerely look forward to your return.
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel is inexpensive and makes me feel like I spend alot of money. Staff is the nicest I have met in a long time. Great time and right across from the beach. If you want luxary for a good price this is the place to be.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Terri D, General Manager at Oceans 2700, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Mr. Joseph W.,
It was a pleasure having you stay with us. I'm delighted to hear how much you enjoyed yourself and the "Oceans Experience". I thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We look forward to your return.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This hotel honestly amazed me. It was supper clean, and nicely put together. The staff was unbelievable helpful. The bed was so comfortable that it felt like it kidnapped me and wouldn't let me go until I had enough rest. The is no doubt in my mind, I will be returning to the hotel for future stays. I will be using this hotel as my little weekend get away and relax spot.

Room Tip: The hotel is not far from Virginia Beach Strip. It would be supper easy to go to the strip, have fun...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Terri D, General Manager at Oceans 2700, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Curt W.,
We thank you so very much for your kind words regarding your most recent stay with us. I am delighted you found comfort in our property and a restful nights sleep. We look forward to your return. Thank you and happy holidays.

Been to Oceans 2700? Share your experiences!