“They did it again!!” 5 of 5 stars

3rd Night Free!
Ranked #22 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“They did it again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Wonderful stay! They made sure we had our special room: the pelican unit, this time two floors higher than the last. I was very pleased that they made sure our "tradition" of spending our anniversary weekend there was possible. At first I did not think it was going to happen. They did not have the room I was looking for on the internet. I called the resort and they made sure we had our special room on the highest floor possible. The rooms were spotless! Thank you for making our weekend very special indeed!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Catherine L, Front Office Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Happy Anniversary GLioness! Thank you for including us in your anniversary weekend! We love being part of such a wonderful tradition and the team is ecstatic that they made it a special one! Our Pelican rooms are beautiful one bedroom Oceanfront suites (also rentable as a two bedroom with the adjoining studio) and we do our best to accommodate a request for one whenever they are available; we are glad we could make it happen and exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you for your next anniversary weekend!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

WOW! if you need a place to unwind and relax in the most gorgeous of settings, come to Oceanaire - and make it more than one night!

The staff was so very professional and very welcoming. Parking was a breeze and even after we checked out, they kept our car for us so we could have breakfast across the street.

The room was lovely, and had a clean, modern kitchen area and a gorgeous balcony view of the beach. LOVED the bigger than normal size tub in the bathroom. The double beds were comfortable, although I would have preferred a queen bed.

The pool, with it's spacious jacuzzi and walk-out fire pit area afford a spectacular open view of the beach. It looks exactly as the pictures show and when you get to enjoy something like that with no screaming little kids underfoot, well...it's just heaven. It IS a 21 and over pool, but no, I was not about to be cheated out of the jacuzzi and firepit experience, so yes, my 15 year old (who is the silent type, was with us too. Frankly, it's one of the most relaxing, visually appealing hotel pool set ups I've ever enjoyed.

One minor complaint: the blue ray players, which are equipped with usb ports, do not work. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but we had bought a movie to enjoy via flash drive and after 30 minutes, and even bringing another player, the engineer gave up and admitted they don't work.
That's kind of a "lack of attention to detail' that makes one scratch their head because they clearly put a lot of thought into so many other things.

For adults, I definitely recommend this place to visit during the Fall season when kids have gone back to school. For parents: bring your kids during the summer months, I am sure kids have a ball in the kid pool which looks like a whole lot of fun!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Catherine L, Front Office Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thanks Romanse for your review of Oceanaire! The staff are all elated that you had a wonderful experience, in particular with the Valets and Aqua 21. Also mentioned in your review, were the troubles with the BluRay players accepting a USB flash drive; of which we have discussed and are addressing with our Engineering and IT departments. We also loan a variety of DVDs and BluRay movies (for free) from the front desk- so you are never without movie night! Thanks again for your great review and we all look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Virginia Beach!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was the best ever!!! I still can't stop raving, about this place. They had the very best staff members ever. Room was very spacious. Stayed on the 11th floor, room was on the side, but it was still a great view to see the ocean. Living room also had a couch bed that my son slept on. Kitchen had everything we needed. Valet parking was very inexpensive and convenient. Thank you guys for going way above and beyond!! Will be definetly staying there again!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks Dawn J for taking the time to write this review! Your comments made the team's day! We are delighted that you enjoyed our Oceanview 1 Bedroom suite to make a home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to Virginia Beach!
Garysburg, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I had a great stay at this resort. The resort is very nice and only a few years old. Suites are very clean and spacious with Contemporary Decor. The resort has an indoor pool as well as a pool outdoors and kidde pool. Also, I enjoyed the all adult pool and jacuzzi that is inside. They also have a Tiki Bar outside that serves great food and has a great view of the ocean. The resort is only steps away from the boardwalk and beach. Location is great.

Overall had a good experience. Parking was $8 per day and I felt that was a bit pricey for guest that was staying at the resort. I will be returning soon!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
VBGM1, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thanks for taking time to leave us positive feedback about your stay at Oceanaire. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean, spacious suites, 4 pools and Tiki bar. Your kind comments will be shared with our team. We look forward to being of service to you during future visits to Virginia Beach.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had reserved a one bedroom oceanfront. Upon arrival we were upgraded to an Executive Suite, Room 228 - it was fabulous! Full kitchen, table with 8 chairs, two full baths, two balconies - we were sad that we had only planned to be there one night. I found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. I will be back to stay longer. A month ago I stayed at the Hilton Virginia Beach - this was so much nicer! Only suggestion would be to push checkout to a more reasonable 11:00 am.

Stayed November 2014
Your comments made my day! Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. Our team was delighted to hear you were pleased with our fabulous rooms and pleasant staff. We look forward to being of service to you again on your upcoming trips to Virginia Beach. Thanks again for your kind comments and business.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was my first and last time staying at this property. From the moment the hotel was booked to the day I checked out, my level of satisfaction remained as is... not happy!
The hotel was booked for two nights online with hopes of getting the promotional offer for Halloween weekend. However, I was not aware until I arrived at check-in that the promotional offer ended 48 hours before the date of the event, 10/31. There were no dates of "please call by" "book by" "you must" nothing of that sort. Therefore, upon checking in I just knew I would receive 2 passes to the SkyBar (Hilton Garden) for Friday night and Saturday night and two $25 drink vouchers for the SkyBar. When I arrived to check in, I then was informed of the deadline to book the room. Of course, if I would have known this I DEFINITELY would have not stayed at this property.
I viewed the hotel when it first opened a few summers ago, and then too, I wasn't impressed by the rooms.
The rooms are much smaller than all other properities. A turnoff...this is the last property added to the Gold Key Resorts family and it is by far the worst. The views are awful and the staff just mediocre.
One front desk clerk in particular, Wanda, oso rude from check-in to check-out. Not sure if she had a bad weekend, but she did not exemplify any customer services skills or tactics at no time. She went as far as to hang up in my ear when I tried to reach the front desk before I checked on Sunday (11/02).
When she finally decided to speak, I asked for a late check out (instead of 10am, 11am) she replied, "I have given out a lot of extensions to other guests already." I'm not sure what they had to do with me, but to not answer my question initially and yet reply with a rebuttal was definitely unprofessional. I asked to speak with a Manager and she hung up.
So I called again a few minutes later and a man answered. At that point I was informed he was the manager and again asked for a late check out. After a few sentences, he did not see a problem with the extension. Such a headache...
So parking is not included in your stay. Parking each day is $8 and they bill you for it. This is a public garage and I believe Virginia Beach residents park for free but guests of the hotel must pay...hideous.
Another "not so good thing" is that this hotel shares amenities with their sister hotel Ocean Beach Club (in my opinion total opposite experience than this property). Shared amenities include: fitness center and pool (indoor and outdoor). Another reason to not book at this property.
I also did not see a walk way that leads directly to Ocean Beach Club. Therefore, you have to walk down a hallway...walk outside (about 30 steps), then enter into the Ocean Beach Club (near the indoor pool). Aye yi yi.
So after all this hassle...we did get admission into SkyBar. But that even seemed to be far fetched.
We arrived Halloween night at SkyBar and showed our room key and was told the hotel (Oceanaire) should have given us wristbands to serve as our admission.
OOOOOh I was steaming at this point. We dealt with the Concierge, Melinda, and she assured us everything was all set. We checked with her at check-in and we check with the Front Desk Clerk (Halloween Night...not Wanda!) and she called and again assured everything was cool. I tell ya...if I did not have my child with me, we would have definitely stayed at another hotel. We experienced hassle from start to finish.
I am so not recommending this hotel. Stay at your own risk.
Nevertheless, the drink menu at Ultra Lounge is nice and the drinks are yummy as well. They close at midnight too...so no late creeping will go on here. Aqua 21, the 21 and over (only) pool closes at 10pm or 11pm. But I believe it is 10pm. It's nice to have a pool with no teens, or pre teens, let alone small children running around it. But if you are traveling with small children this is definitely not the hotel to book.
Have fun!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I apologize for the issues you experienced, which are not consistent with our normal performance, nor what you should expect while staying at Oceanaire. Your comments have been shared with our management team and associates. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you give us a second chance to serve you in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at the 11th floor. Great view, clean and modern room, fast wifi, friendly staff. However, at 8am loud and annoying music came on at a deck right below us, that woke us up. Deck was empty, no guests on it. Same thing happened the next day despite us asking not to play any music on the empty deck at 8am.
About 1hr later we got a phone call about a sales pitch to buy a time share.
Please let us sleep in... this is our mini vacation!

Room Tip: Recommendations: dont stay on the 11th floor and unplug the phone and most likely you will enjoy a g...