“Perfect location and modern suite with full kitchen” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book Early & Save 20%
Ranked #22 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Perfect location and modern suite with full kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We greatly enjoyed our weekend stay. The two room suite setup was perfect for my parents to sleep in one room and my son and I in the other. Fantastic kitchen and wonderful location. Walked to my favorite local hole in the wall awesome seafood joint, Nick's.

• Stayed April 2014
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Tufshuz,

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us! Our two bedroom suites are great for family getaways. I am glad that we were in close proximity to your favorite restaurant. I have not had the chance to eat at Nick's yet but I may do just that after reading your description. :-) We look forward to serving you again during your next trip to Virginia Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

The resort makes a lovely impression from the outside. The atmosphere is hip and trendy, the rooms are nicely appointed. The Junior Suites is likely the smallest room I've ever stayed in and for the price charged to stay, it was a huge disappointment. The resort staff were Friendly and all smiles, however no one is empowered to go out of their way to resolve guests concerns. They rely heavily on the surroundings for their guests happiness. The pool area is equipped with flags that one raises when wanting to get the attention of the staff. In the three days of my stay, I could not get one glance from a pool attendant unless I walked to the bar myself. The indoor pool area is very small and tight on a bad weather day. They do offer two indoor pools with the other being more kid oriented. There is a lovely 10th floor sun deck but the music is programmed to annoying Oldies and when I asked the attendant if he could change, he said No. He did offer to turn off since I was the only one on the deck, he never delivered or came back to tell me he couldn't. After settling in for a day, we agreed the location of the facility is ideal-quietly located a few blocks North of the VA beach action. There are other facilities adjacent to this property that, for the money could likely deliver
an equal or better experience.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear shopnalot,

I am dissapointed to hear that you were not staisfied with portions of your stay. I will pass along your comments about poolside and 10th floor deck service to the appropriate managers. Regarding your comment about the music on the 10th floor, we do have a set standard of what we are allowed to play in that area. I apologize that we were unable to accomodate your request for different music. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you during your next trip to Virginia Beach.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

My experience at the Oceanaire resort was great. Everyone that worked there was very friendly and helpful. The room itself was really nice and very clean. The only thing I could think off that wasn't good was the door to the room I had was a bit difficult to push open almost like there was a lot of resistance in the mechanism that makes sure tge door closes, this was only a very minor inconvenience and the only reason I am mentioning it is because I'm fairly strong and it was still very noticeable to me. Overall my time at the Oceanaire resort was great and definitely worth going again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Will R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. I appreciate you bringing the door closure to our attention. I will certainly pass your comment along to our engineering team for resolution. We look forward to serving you again during your next trip to Virginia Beach!
Uniontown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We go to OceanAir every year and it never fails to please and surprise us with the service and cleanliness and views. This place is the ultimate Va. Beach destination. We stayed on the 15th floor with spectacular views, We went to a great wine tasting during our stay. Each year they keep improving this resort. Free wi-fi, adult pool and spa, you are allowed to drink in that area. They have a fire ring outside of this area with rockers. It is excellent.

Room Tip: Oceanview is the only way to go.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Matzie88,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with others on Trip Advisor! Please accept my sincere gratitude for your repeat business. It is the greatest testament of exceptional guest service that we can ask for from our guests. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We do our best to improve each day and I am sure that the staff will enjoy reading your comments! We receive many compliments on the wine tasting along with the adult pool and hot tub. We still have many ideas in the works to provide even more memorable experiences. Stay tuned! We look forward to serving you during your vacation next year!
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I just spent a weekend at Oceanaire in a one bedroom. I live not far from the resort. This was the best stay ever in VA. The valet service is fanominal. The service was great, the food was excellent. I will be back again. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear ann1918,

Thank you for sharing yoru experience with others on Trip Advisor! I am so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. I will be sure to pass along your compliments. We look forward to serving you again during your next trip to the beach!
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My son was graduating from the Navy so we thought we would stay in an upscale hotel. The hotel itself was beautifully decorated. The rooms were very clean and decorated nicely. I didn't do any cooking (of course not, I was on a mini vacation!!), however, if someone wanted to make their own meals, there was a fully equipped kitchen. The view was stunning. We were able to watch dolphins swimming through the ocean. The Boardwalk was pretty fun to walk on. The worst part about this hotel is the "parking". You had to walk quite a distance to park or pay a valet each time. That was way too pricey to do every time you needed your car! We chose to walk. Great restaurant directly across the street for breakfast. Keep in mind if you want an ocean view, make sure and state you want "full ocean view". Ours was and it was great. They need to put a restaurant in with room service. To sum it up, we had a very pleasant experience and we would stay there again....definitely!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for "full ocean view" or you'll get partial view if you don't!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jason N, General Manager at Oceanaire Resort Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear T B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I was so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Dolphin watching is a favorite pastime of many of our owners and guests. Unfotunately we do not own the garage that our guests park in. There is only a one time fee of $16 per day for valet service; otherwise there is an $8 daily rate for self-parking which is the cost that we pay for the spaces. I want to thank you for your son's service to our country and for your strength in being a Mom of one of our brave sailors. We hope to see you again during your next trip to Virginia Beach!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. I was actually traveling for business, but wanted to have a beach view for my short stay. This hotel had great reviews-- I had no idea is was a resort until I showed up. It seems like it would be great for couples/families on vacation, but it was not the best for a business traveller. I can't hold that against them-- I should have done my research. I stayed in a larger suite that had a separate bedroom, two-part bathroom with a shower and a separate bath, an entire full kitchen (larger than my own) and living space. Clearly this is the type of place you can make your own family meals-- however, for me, this meant no room service or breakfast in the morning. I had a beautiful beach view that was great to wake up to. It was very quiet when I went-- late April (Off season, I assume), and I may have been the only guest in the hotel. When I walked in to check in around 1:30 am it had a strange euro-vibe going on in the lobby, but I guess that is the resort feel they are going for. I'm sure this would be a wonderful place to stay on vacation, but I probably won't make any more business stops here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Desar Emily W,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed most of your stay. As a timeshare resort, we do cater mostly to couples and families on vacation. However, we also feature conference space on our second floor and we regularly entetain business groups throughout the year. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again during your next trip to Virginia Beach!

Been to Oceanaire Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!