“Just okay...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #81 of 1,160 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Southwestern, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome, Amigo! Virginia Beach oceanfront's newest restaurant Located at 2736 Atlantic Ave., Just steps from the beach, Cactus Jack's is a new and exciting addition to the Virginia Beach waterfront. Relax under a palm tree on our expansive patio, or retreat indoors where our stylish decor is truly one of a kind. Colorful light resonates throughout the interior, creating a vibrant and festive atmosphere that is built for those who are looking to have a really good time! Our menu, created by Chef David Francis, features southwestern inspired cuisine made with the freshest of ingredients, in addition to traditional American favorites. House made guacamole made to order, an extensive variety of tacos and burritos and a juicy Jack's burger are just a small sampling of our mouthwatering fare. We also have some incredible entrees of Fresh Seafood, Steaks and Pork Chops. Cactus Jacks looks forward to serving you! We have some incredible Specialty Cocktails including many different types of Margaritas, Tropical Drinks, Sangria, and Mojitos. Cactus Jacks is the perfect destination for every occasion, whether it be Saturday night drinks, happy hour, or a weekday lunch or dinner. We pride ourselves on our friendly, fun atmosphere and the creativity that goes into every dish and drink that we serve.
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Just okay...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Nothing spectacular. Food and drink too pricey. Probably wouldnt eat here again. Music was loud so it was hard to have a conversation.

Visited January 2013

virginia beach, virginia
“Delicious Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went there on a slow night. Even though is was slow my food came out very delisious. I ordered three items. They were Fish and Chips, Crab Cake sandwich, and a basic taco salad. The fish was a cod. It was fried just right. The fries were homeade and not out of a bag. What I loved about the fries is that they were fried with there skin and a light seasoning on them. The Crab Cake was nice and thick.
The prices were good.
Nice place for young and old couples. It is a colorful place to eat and watch sports on any four tvs they have above the bar.
They also have and outside seating with a tv on a stand.
I was also told that they have free parking behind the building.
I will love to go back when it gets warm.
Everyone that was working was nice and friendly. They made you fill relaxed.

• Visited January 2013
Tampa, Florida
“it all boils down to the wait staff !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

be careful - the food is average to good but the service can be lousy to awesome depending strictly on who the server is ! apparently there is no across the board standard for the wait staff...its luck of the draw !

it was one of those bizarre dining experiences where you get great, attentive service from YOUR server but get stuck watching people get less lucky with other wait staff.....interesting......

their guac sure is kicking ! the taco salad is overrated. my friend barely ate it . I tried it ; it had all the flavor of taco bell. luckily ; my burrito was delicious. the waitress showed concern for our satisfaction and checked back very frequently. I don't remember her name..but if you go in the evenings look for a 20 something skinny brunette with VERY long hair and let HER wait on you.....she's definitely a people-pleaser

saw no sign of a manager the almost two hours we were there. apparently neither did the less satisfied guests. maybe he was in the kitchen cooking. ...... ?

what I liked best is that there is not a hostess; we got to pick the table we liked best....

the wine is amazing !!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yorktown, Virginia
“yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Ive been to Cactus Jack's a few times now, and everytime has been right on point. Drinks were great and my food was even better. I usually get the guacamole and chicken tacos and both always hit the spot. I think the food actual made me feel better than i did before i ate it! i dont know if they put healing elixers in there recipes but it definately lifts my spirits and and keeps me coming back for more.

• Visited September 2012
Virginia, Minnesota
“Great Food Great Service Good Drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I Ate the Taco Trio with the fish, Shrimp and pork, Drank the Jalapeño Margarita and if you like spicy and margaritas then you will love this.

• Visited October 2012