“Lousy Service (non-service) Representatives” 2 of 5 stars

Atrium Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   315 21st Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23451   |
Ranked #12 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Raleigh, NC
“Lousy Service (non-service) Representatives”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

We stayed on the fourth floor of the hotel. We have a time share but we were not provided with a renovated room. This is one of my main reasons I was not satisfied. The room we were given on the 4th floor was clean, although furniture was old, broken and cheap-looking. My other main concern was that the "non-service" representatives were not friendly or helpful. We booked a van trip, and on the morning of the van-trip, we were told after 30 min of waiting around that we had been put on the stand-by list, the van was full and had already departed for the zoo. The representative was not apologetic and she lied to us by saying someone had left a message informing us of the stand-by. When I got to my room, there was NOT a message on the phone. If you want a top-notch room with top-notch service, DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

We stayed at the Atrium for one week at one of the renovated units. They have done a fantastic job; the room was very nice, freshly painted with new furniture, bathroom and appliances. The service was excellent, pleasant and timely.
The activities planned were fun and there was no pressure to join if we didn't want to. We tried several good restaurants in the vecinity and were pleased with them. There were a couple of afternoons when the staff was extremely busy but overall this is a good value for the price.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Novato, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

The hotel did not honor a block of rooms reserved a year in advance of the intended date. 6 months prior to the event guests were informed that they no longer had reservations and needed to find other accomodations at other resorts. Help was offered but never followed up on. I would not recommend this hotel or any of the VSA resorts in Virginia Beach to any traveler.

Stayed February 2009
West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

My boyfriend and I went to Virginia Beach for the weekend of July 10-12, 2009 for a concert. We wanted to stay near the beach, but all of the hotels directly on the beach were extremely expensive and more than we wanted to pay for the weekend. We were able to stay at the Atrium for $89 a night! Our room was clean and roomy enough for the two of us. Our bathroom was large and we had plenty of towels to last us the whole weekend. There were two TVs in the room, and they were fairly small, but we didn't mind because we didn't come to the beach to watch TV anyway!

The hotel is a short walk to the beach - only two streets back from the main strip. We had no problem with walking to the beach. The hotel doesn't have an outdoor pool, but it does have an indoor pool and jacuzzi. We didn't spend much time there, but it seemed pretty nice. There is a computer with internet and printer to use in the lobby. The staff were extremely friendly and we checked in very quickly, and we had no trouble at all with parking.

This is by no means a big fancy place, but it suited us very well. The location was excellent, and within walking distance to everything we wanted to do. The hotel was CLEAN, which was my main concern. We didn't really care about the ameneties, because we didn't come to the beach to hang out in the room all day - as long as we could sleep in a clean bed and take a shower in a clean bathroom, we were fine.

I would recommend this hotel to family and friends. It was a great deal for a weekend trip in the middle of the summer. Next time we travel to VA Beach, we will most likely stay here!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
charlottesville va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

We stayed here during the July 4 weekend, in a renovated room. Though the feng shui wasn't great, the bed was nice, the comforter cozy, etc. Our room was missing pots and pans, but they brought us some when we asked. All the people here were super nice. So, overall, it was a good experience, though it isn't the nicest room I've ever had. It was clean, and relatively cheap. Maybe other reviewers are annoyed that this isn't so much a "resort" as a hotel, but I just don't understand why people had so many gripes. My main issue was that I think they're being cheap by not providing free internet.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
frederick md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

I was a little leary of this place after reading some of the bad reviews. But Im so glad that I stayed at the Atrium. This was probably the best vacation weve had in years. Check in took less than three minutes. The staff was always friendly and helpful. There is an indoor pool with jacuzzi. The rooms have a large comfortable King size bed with pillow top. Updated interiors with 37 inch hi def flat screen TVs. New kitchen with ceramic tile floors. Across the street we got two egg mcfuffins with coffee for $2.29. The beach is a short walk and the Aquarium is only 5 minutes away. The free hi speed internet came in handy. The sheltered parking was nice.The Icehouse restaurant has the best Ribs on the beach. Im coming back for sure. Maybe the people that complained should pay $350 a nite and get somthing more there style. I have no complaints except that my stay was too short...

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

I recently stayed at the Atrium resort for a weekend, and to say I was disappointed was an understatement. I will commend the staff at the front desk, as they were very pleasant and helpful. Although I had read the reviews, and was leary, I wanted to use some timeshare points, that I would have lost if I had not used them. The rooms were smelly and in great need of updating. The bureau in the room had a broken handle on it. I saw a couple of people use the pool, however it looked questionable as to whether it was clean or not. I would not go back here, nor would I ever visit Virginia Beach again. It is one of the tackiest places I have ever stayed at. At the end of the weekend, I was looking forward to being home.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Atrium Resort? Share your experiences!