“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

winston salem, nc
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Dear Sirs or Madam:

My friend and I stayed at the Atrium for a week in Virginia Beach, Va. What an experience. We got excellent customer and great hospitality and service with a smile too. We really felt welcome with nice rooms and a nice pool and hot tub. I enjoyed the lobby a lot and the internet service was helpful too. The property and building are in a great location close to the beach and attractions on the boardwalk. We didn't want to leave. I liked the openness surrounding the pool area and how you could look up and see the different floor levels. If affordable, I would like to bring my son back next year for a vacation at Virginia Beach as he has never been there before. There is so much to do! We will check the rates soon. Thank you for a wonderful stay and bringing joy back in our lives.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
On behalf of VSA Resorts and the Atrium, I would like to thank you for your thoughtful and kind review. I am pleased that you had an excellent vacation experience and that you look forward to returning in the fall. We look forward to continuing to meet all of your vacationing needs. Thank you for staying at the Atrium Resort. See you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ashburn, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed at the Atrium Resort on a time share exchange. This hotel is pretty centrally located so we thought we'd give it a try. The units were clean and adequate, the staff was competent. But it was too far from the beach. Two and a half blocks is too far to walk with chairs and coolers and children, etc. We were never offered the opportunity to park at their sister hotel located on the beach. We will probably not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing the Atrium Resort. We take great pride in the up keep of our suites and I appreciate your feedback about your visit with us. I am regretful that you did not have an opportunity to take advantage of our parking amenities as they are there for you to take full advantage of. Once again I would like to thank you for staying with us and would like to encourage you to come back for another stay.
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Unfortunately I read the reviews and believed and chose this hotel over others on the beach because it was closer to the convention center. The room smells of mold or something worse. The tile is pealing away from the wall in the bathroom. There is no daily cleaning or making the bed, which on its own would prevent this from being ranked higher than a two.
The carpet in the room appears clean, but with the smell who knows what is in it. Don't look at the carpet in the only elevator or you might not make it to your room.
No free onsite breakfast, which may be a good thing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
I want to apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations as it did not meets ours either. Resort and unit maintenance are of high importance and we resolve any reports in a timely manner. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and I would like to reassure you that we have resolved your concerns. Thank you for leaving your comments as we are always working to improve.
Norristown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We've stayed at the Atrium Resort twice, and LOVED it both times. The room was cozy, clean and welcoming, and the staff helpful and friendly. The last time, the weather was uncooperative for hitting the beach, so we did several of the activities offered by VSA resorts, and had a great time. The Thrift shopping tour was a lot of fun. We especially enjoyed our van driver Bob Richardson's kind, ultra attentive and courteous manner. My mother and I were the only two who had signed up for the trip, and Bob tailored the trip to our desires. He really made us feel special--holding our hand as we embarked and disembarked the van. Kudos to you, Bob, and kudos to VSA resorts for a great trip!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
On behalf of the Atrium, Thank you for allowing VSA Resorts to accommodate you once again for your vacation needs. I am excited to hear that you took advantage of our activities and excursion van trip. VSA Resorts van driver Mr. Bob Richardson is an asset to our team and I would like to thank you for giving him a personal mention. I am very happy that we enhanced your vacation experience. Thank you for staying at The Atrium Resort in Virginia Beach, and we look forward to your next visit with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Great place love the pool very comfy the staff super nice great value great location in regards to what I was going for. The room need a little improvement fix cracks. Rooms were ready early it was nice to be able to go the other hotels to go swimming or eat

• Stayed September 2013
Danielle V, Manager at Atrium Resort, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Atrium Resort in Virginia Beach. We appreciate your kind words and on behalf of VSA Resorts, thank you for your business.
Spring Valley, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Not complaints whatsoever, and I'm picky with hotel rooms.
1. Clean low pile carpet
2. Spotless sheets
3. Spotless towels
4. No mildew in the tub (corners, etc)
5. Great shower head and water pressure.
6. Great scent in the room.

There is abosolutely nothing to complain about. TOwel/sheet turn in service was great and worked as advertised. Rooms include iron/ironing board and vaccum cleaner. a block and a half from the beach and Atlantic avenue restautants/etc. Check with the front desk for discount Busch Garden tix. Would definitely stay at thisor another VSA property again without a thought.

Room Tip: Booked this through ebay by searching for timeshares. GREAT rate... almost $100 less.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate you sharing your positive vacation experience at the Atrium Resort in Virginia Beach. We are thrilled to hear that our amenities enhanced your family’s vacation. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we are looking forward to your next visit with VSA Resorts.
Manassas, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I coordinated a trip for myself and 18 family members and friends ranging from age 5 - 84 and everyone had a terrific time! First the staff, very friendly and accommodating. There were lots of opportunities for details of my trip to fall through the cracks, but, the staff was on top of every change and request. They even put out a special message on their marquis for my niece, Jade, who turned 18 during our vacation. They also delivered balloons and a special bday card to her...I was very touched by their thoughtfulness. The amenities...everything you need is there or within a block of there. Plus they have planned children's activities and crafts...my nieces made refrigerator magnets and loved every minute of it. The pool location is unusual, it's in the lobby. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about being in my skivvies for all the resort guests to see...but, it turned out to be great! I was able to look down and see if any of my group was in the pool without having to actually go to the pool...and with 18 "cats to herd"...believe me, that was very nice. The open design of the resort gave me a lot of comfort in letting the younger members of my group explore and play as I could see them from virtually any location. The location of the Atrium...okay, so, no, you can't see the ocean or the beach from the Atrium, but, the walk to the beach was really easy, even with all of the stuff that needs to go to the beach with a party of 19 people, including an 84 year old! The rooms themselves are very well and smartly appointed. The rooms seem small at first glance, but, the design and use of the space makes them quite comfortable, add in the option for adjoining rooms and the rooms were more than adequate. For a big group like ours, it was nice to have your own space when you needed to collect yourself or take a nap...so, compared to sharing a beach house, this set up really has its advantages. HBO was included with the cable, plus free Wi-Fi. Overall, we really enjoyed our beach vacation and our stay at the Atrium. In fact, a couple of my nieces (pre-teens) said it was our best beach vacation ever and over the past 10 years we've done OBX, Ocean City, MD and The Hamptons, NY...truly high praise from pre-teens! To Michele Colson of VSA, Danielle the Atrium Manager, and all of the Atrium staff...THANK YOU!! We hope we didn't leave too much of a mess and we hope to be back again next year! With warm regards, LaTonya Young-Clayborne and family/friends :)

Room Tip: All of the rooms are the same...be sure to specify if you want an adjoining room with another member...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for making the Atrium Resort in Virginia Beach your vacation destination for your Family Reunion. I am so pleased that you took advantage of our awesome amenities and personally mentioning our outstanding customer service. Our staff takes great pride in creating memories that last a lifetime. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write this terrific review. I would like to thank you once again for choosing the VSA Resort and we look forward to seeing you on your next vacation with us.

Been to Atrium Resort? Share your experiences!