We have been staying at the Atrium Resort for spring break. The hotel is a couple of blocks from the beach but works well for our needs as a jumping off point for visiting relatives and the Norfolk area.
The hotel has 90 suites. There are no real views. Our suite has 3 windows into the hallway and one little window looking onto a backyard. The front room is a living/dining/second bedroom, about 15x15. The kitchen is the hallway between the living room, bathroom, and bedroom. It is only about 6 feet long but is larger than some condo kitchens I have used. Full size frig, smooth electric 4 burner cook top, half size dishwasher, small sink, and an over counter microwave/convection oven. The kitchen is supplied with the normal cooking equipment, but this trip I had a nonstick electric skillet to use. A welcome addition.
The bedroom and bath are both well portioned. The mattress is comfortable and of medium firmness. Two flat screen TVs round out the furnishings (along with chairs and a couch) with one in the living room and one in the bedroom.
One of reasons we chose this hotel was the indoor pool and we have not been disappointed. The pool is a maximum of 4.5 ft deep and heated. Pool towels are provided. My kids have really enjoyed it during these chilly days.
In addition, there are free washers and dryers on two floors. We did not use the fitness room. Activities (e.g., van to Williamsburg, family movie night, crafts for the kids) were available every day. Parking is very convenient and the location is easy to find.
We will stay here again on our next vast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying at a VSA Resort gives you all the comforts of home without having to mow the lawn, do the dishes, or fold the laundry. We love having fun with our guests and strive to give each person–big and small, young and young at heart–the best vacation memories possible.The Atrium Resort is located in the heart of the Virginia Beach Oceanfront, just blocks away from the boardwalk, the 90 unit smoke-free resort offers a family-oriented atmosphere with an open-air lobby and relaxing environment. All vacation units are two-room suites with kitchenettes.On site amenities include:• 24 hour front desk service• Daily activities for all ages• Indoor Pool• Indoor Jacuzzi• 24 hour fitness center• On- site parking• Complimentary guest laundry facilities• Complimentary wireless internet access• Complimentary tanning • Harris Teeter on-line shopping & grocery deliveryUnit amenities include:• King size pillow-top mattress• Queen size sleeper sofa• Kitchenettes with smooth top burners, convection/microwave oven, dishware, cookware, glassware and utensils• Full size refrigerator• Dishwasher• 2 flat screen televisions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Atrium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Hotel Virginia Beach
- Atrium Resort Virginia Beach Va