We are a family of four, stayed at Atrium for 4days through RCI.
Resort was very easy to find, and we didn't have any trouble with the parking at the resort upon arrival.
Virginia beach board was is 2 blocks away. I think the boardwalk area is starting at the 1st street to 40th street and this resort is on the 21st street- right at the center! It would've been nice to stay on the ocean front, but it's a nice alternative since you can still walk to the beach.
They couldn't locate my reservation at first because they had the wrong spelling of my name.
I wasn't too worried but it certainly wasn't a pleasant start.
I was quite surprised at the front desk and doubted at first since it looked like a regular desk for timeshare sales or something. They didn't have the typical look of the front desk with only two desks and it can take sometime to check in when it gets busy. I had two people in front of me and it was about 10min wait.
Lobby area is pretty small and they have the pool at the lobby as well.
They managed to have all the activities at that small lobby like the crafts and movie nights
but it was just through a LCD TV in the lobby so nothing really fancy, I'll rather just watch a movie in my room. They have a small pool and decent size jacuzzi in the lobby as well.
Pool was great for little kids since it was really a heated, 88degree water temperature.
That was excellent for my little guy because he typically gets really cold in indoor pools.
Pool was great for kids,,, and it can get pretty crowded since it's small.
I would definitely feel awkward to be in the pool as a single adult or even as a couple. It's only 4feet deep as well. Oh- another plus was that they had pool toys and floatations that everybody can use. I've never seen that in any other places and thought it was nice.
They do provided pool towels but too bad you can only use it in the pool area.
I read some reviews that it was small but it was decent for a family like us with little kids.
Kitchen was small but they had all the supplies just like the real full kitchen!
I was pleasantly surprised with the glass top stove and tiny salt & pepper shaker they provided!
They also had a small sized dishwasher so that was another surprise. The only downside is the small, medical office like sink but the whole kitchen was better than I expected.
It was spacious and well stocked, super clean! just the way it should be.
If you're a hotel soap collector, don't expect too much from here. They actually have wall mounted soap dispensers! I actually think it's a nicer and cost effective way so it was a plus for me.
We stayed at one bedroom unit and loved the extra pillows and linens! It smelled fresh and clean.
Our king sized bed was comfortable. No complains...!
Loved the LCD tv mounted on the wall and ample storage in the room.
It's more like a living room/dining room since the 4person dining table was in it.
We didn't mind it. It had larger LCD TV mounted on the wall and we enjoyed it!
I have to say... that the living room was pretty dark. It could get brighter without the curtains covering the window, but that exposes your unit to the lobby so you really don't want to do that unless you're in the corner unit. I wish they had more brighter lights or more lights in the living room and extra phone next to the couch. Telephone is only the bedroom.
It was nice cozy resort, perfect for a family with small kids. I'm not sure how to entertain your older kids at this resort but it works for preschoolers with the heated pool!
Oh-- forgot to mention that they pop the popcorns in a old fashioned machine in the lobby.
If you ask the front desk person, they'll give it to you for free. That was really nice to lure our kids to come out of the pool. =) They didn't make popcorns all the time, but it's there.
- Also Known As:
- Atrium Hotel Virginia Beach
- Atrium Hotel
- Atrium Resort Virginia Beach Va
- Atrium Resort Virginia Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying at a VSA Resort gives you all the comforts of home without having to mow the lawn, do the dishes, or fold the laundry. We love having fun with our guests and strive to give each person–big and small, young and young at heart–the best vacation memories possible.The Atrium Resort is located in the heart of the Virginia Beach Oceanfront, just blocks away from the boardwalk, the 90 unit smoke-free resort offers a family-oriented atmosphere with an open-air lobby and relaxing environment. All vacation units are two-room suites with kitchenettes.On site amenities include:• 24 hour front desk service• Daily activities for all ages• Indoor Pool• Indoor Jacuzzi• 24 hour fitness center• On- site parking• Complimentary guest laundry facilities• Complimentary wireless internet access• Complimentary tanning • Harris Teeter on-line shopping & grocery deliveryUnit amenities include:• King size pillow-top mattress• Queen size sleeper sofa• Kitchenettes with smooth top burners, convection/microwave oven, dishware, cookware, glassware and utensils• Full size refrigerator• Dishwasher• 2 flat screen televisions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Atrium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.