I have stayed at this hotel when it was brand new as a child. When taking my family on our first beach vacation together, I chose this hotel based on my memories as a child. Truthfully, I had my whole family on this vacation complete with children and parents. This place was very inexpensive which is why we chose it. They did allow us to view the room before committing to it. We requested a lower level room and they were very accommodating. On our third day of a 6 day stay, the front desk clerk called us to say there was a problem with our credit card. After several calls from the desk and numerous calls to the credit card company--who by the way said there were no problems with the card--I had to use my cell phone and put the front desk clerk on the phone with the agent who told the clerk the same thing I had several times- that the number was entered wrong. This cleared that whole matter. The room is dated, and you don't feel that is cleaned that well. We did have an issue when our tub wouldn't drain, and they did repair it in a timely manner. The balcony is nice with a great view of the ocean. We gave the bedroom to the other members of our party and my kids and I used the living room where we had the only television and the view. The kids slept on an air mattress, and I on the sofa. I personally did not want to lay directly on the sofa, therefore, I put a blanket and pillow from home down before I would sleep on it. Truthfully, for the rate and convenience alone, I would stay there again. However in planning for our 2008 summer vacation to VB, my teenage daughter refuses to stay there, so we are looking into other options. BTW, my stepmother and I borrowed the maids vacuum and some cleaning towels and cleaned our room when we got there. We used the kitchenette to wash our own dishes and used the fridge and microwave, however I wouldn't have wanted to use the provided pots, pans, and utensils to actually cook in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Suites is an all Suites Oceanfront property. All rooms come equipt with a microwave, refridgerator, iron, ironing board, toaster, and two stove top burners. We also provide a 37" LCD Flat screen TV and DVD player in the living room with a private balcony overlooking the ocean. We offer FREE WIFI, Local calls, in rooms safes, and Local TV Channels, as well as on site laundry for our guest. Our outdoor pool is open during season daily from 10am till 10pm weather permitting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ambassador Suites Virginia Beach