“Great location, helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Deal
Ranked #4 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
MA/ME
“Great location, helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I visited the hotel for work at the end of January, for three weeks. Seeing as I was there so long I think I probably met every employee of the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable. I had a flat screen tv, mini fridge and a microwave. The bathroom was up to date as well. One thing I thoroughly enjoyed was the warm cookies in the lobby at night! It's not the fanciest hotel but it is pretty nice. The lobby is very pretty with a two-sided fireplace and various seating options. There is a free parking garage across the street which was helpful during the freak snow storm we got. The only real complaint I have is the overpriced "convenience bar" for snacks and sundries.

Stayed January 2014
William_Gheen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Hello newenglandfoodie !
We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review on the Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center! I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay and take full advantage of the amenities offered to our guest! We hope to see you soon , thanks !!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent. Plenty of restaurant options within a very short walk, the shopping mall directly across the street, and the beach within about a 20 minute drive (possibly shorter if traffic allows). The appearance of this hotel is very nice, and the rooms are reasonably clean and comfortable. It appears to be in a very safe area as well, so you can feel comfortable walking around after dark. I only really have two negatives that are worthy of mention. The first is the parking situation. While the parking is free, it is not actually on the hotel property. I did not like having to cross the street, take an elevator up to the 5th to 8th floors of the neighbouring parking garage, and dodge vehicles in the very tight ramps. Even worse when carrying luggage. It was not convenient at all. The second thing is the wifi. The wifi signal here is practically non-existent. Be prepared to walk around the room trying to get even just 1 bar of signal, and once you get it, don't expect it to last long. I don't know if that's a problem throughout the hotel, or just in the room I was in. Nowadays with how dependent everyone is on electronic devices, I don't think it's asking much for a hotel to have decent wifi service. This one is a little easier to fix than the parking situation, for which there may not be a better way unfortunately. Those 2 issues aside, it's still a very nice hotel with far more positives than negatives, and I'd gladly stay here again (once they fix the wifi).

Hello TravellinDaveHead !
Thank you so much for your review! Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the parking and wifi. Your input is taken into consideration, we realize browsing is important to our guest and we are currently looking into the issue for complimentary wifi. Meanwhile we now have a premium service available to purchase for quicker browsing!! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy your stay apart of the two minor setbacks your input is extremely helpful !
Norfolk, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed at this hotel as a surprise birthday weekend getaway for my wife. Everything was as good as if not better than advertised. We have decided to make this our weekend get away spot form now on, especially due to the location, everythign you could need is within walking distance.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Joseph O
We greatly appreciate the time you have taken to write a review on our property. I'm glad your wife enjoyed her surprise birthday getaway!! What was your favorite restaurant to visit while you were in the area? Hope to see you guys back soon!
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I traveled to Virginia Beach last week and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center and couldn't have been happier.
The staff was courteous, genuine, and helpful. They upgraded me without even requesting the upgrade and when I got to the room had a jacuzzi tub at my disposal. The breakfast served was very good. The next time I'm in Virginia Beach I know where I'll stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
William_Gheen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Sabia M,

Thanks for the review of our great hotel. I am very happy you had a great stay with us. Please return to us during your next trip to Virginia Beach. Have a great day today.
DeWitt, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We travel a lot, and exclusively in the Hilton Family. (31 Stays for 76 nights in 2014 and counting), Very pretty hotel, nice front desk personal, great servers in the dining room, and Carolyn in Housekeeping went about and beyond. These were my hang ups with our stay and they are the little things that can make a huge difference. Our request is low floor away from elevator, we were placed on the top floor, no big deal except the hallways are about 100 they don't cool them. No trash cans outside the hotel or in the lobby. No note pads in your room to make a note on, I was told they don't furnish them. The only lobby coffee for free was at breakfast time other than that there was a sign that said you could get a Keruig Cup from the Pantry for $2.00. NEVER have we stayed in any hotel where they did not offer free coffee in the lobby. The only thing air conditioned in the entire hotel that I found was the lobby and our room which was nothing to brag about. In fact we left for our next stay a day early. We are now at the HGI,with three floors in New Port News and so far so good, they have note pads, air conditioning, trash cans and yes free coffee, tea, and cocoa 24/7, they have all the things the seven floor hotel cheaped out on.

Room Tip: Free wifi if you are gold or diamond.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear SharieN_13,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay. We do care about the comments from our guests. the review is used as a training tool to make our hotel better. I thank you for the constructive comments and we are actioning the items mentioned. Have a great week and please return and give us another chance to show you how a great a team and hotel we have.
Rabat, Morocco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed here over the 4th of July weekend as The Westin, where we usually stay was booked. I like the Town Center area since it's not in the touristy oceanfront area, but is an easy drive there. There are many restaurants to choose from near the hotel - PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris, Bravo Italia, California Pizza Kitchen to name a few.

The hotel and room was clean, front desk staff very courteous, above average breakfast buffet, small fitness room (but clean and thoughtful forethought to have a towel and bottle of water at each machine). The indoor pool and hot tub was not crowded when we were there - a few lounge chairs to stretch out on would be appreciated. But, there were plenty of chairs and clean towels.

Overall, a pleasant stay with no complaints at all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
William_Gheen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
WH, thank you for your comments on the hotel. We strive to make a great stay everytime. What's your favorite place to dine while in the downtown Virginia Beach?
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past six months and don't think I will stay anywhere else in Virginia Beach. This location is away from the beach but close enough to drive down for a day. The hotel is walking distance to many restaurants, bars and shops. The indoor pool was clean, the breakfast was good. This last trip, we took the kids with us and the 2 queen beds room was perfect for us. Guest Service called shortly after we got checked in, and housekeeping did a great job with our room

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
William_Gheen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Hello outgoingmomoffour, we appreciate you ranking our hotel on Trip Advisor. Our hotel is centrelly located to 20-25 restaurants and shops. I'm glad you chose to come back and stay with us and were able to enjoy it with your little ones! We hope to see you guys back soon !