“Would stay there again” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Carmichaels, Pa
“Would stay there again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We had a two night stay in June 2011. The hotel is in a good location especially for business travelers. The parking is a little inconvenient, but only took a few minutes to get the car. There are several great restaurants and a mall within walking distance. We really enjoyed the food at the breakfast buffet both mornings. Overall this was a nice place to stay and we would definitely stay again. It is about a 15-20 minute drive to the beach, but met our expectations for the weekend!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

When I checked in they gave me a 7th floor room. When we entered it was smoky. We asked if that was a non-smoking room and she said it was. So I asked her to switch to a non, non-smoking room and she did with no problems. I got the 6th floor which is absolutely non smoking! Apparently on the 7th floor you are allowed to smoke?? The room and hallways were rather stuffy and hot, but fortunately there was a thermostat in the room so we could adjust the temperature down. The breakfast buffet was pretty good. The nachos for dinner was awesome! We all loved that. The pool and hot tub was empty the couple of times that we went down to swim. Another bonus. The pool only goes to 5 feet, but that was sufficient for us. Overall it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Don't get the 7th floor if you want a completely smoke free room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

This hotel is very clean and well kept. It has full amenities and a very nice staff in the restaurant, in hotel registration, and the housekeepers too. I am not too picky about hotels but I know a good one and this beats the mark in value and comfort. My wife and I were very pleased.

• Stayed July 2011
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times. but only when we needed to be closer to Town Center and not the beach. The rooms are typical and the lobby is nice. the only big issue I had was with the parking. they have about 10 spaces outside the hotel and since these are always full, you have to park in the town garage across the street. The big issue with this is that the garage is difficult and narrow and you can only park on the 5th floor and up. When you finally wind up to the 5th floor. you will notice that most of the spaces are reserved for bank employees. At least when we stay at the Beach Hilton they have a valet. Virginia Beach is not a big enough town to have such parking issues most hotels have their own parking lots. After dealing with the garage so many times. I really was floored to see when 3 members of the housekeeping staff got off work and walked over to their cars where the limited spaces were and drove off. Why are these not reserved for paying guests? At least at that point I was able to pull into one of their vacated spots and was able that evening to avoid the hated garage. The plus side of this property is there are a lot of great restaurants in walking distance to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Totowa, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Had a great stay here...but...there were a couple of things that needed to be addressed...1.We had to ask for more towels every single day. They only leave you 3 per room and we are a family of 4.I had to call down to the front desk almost every night. I even personally asked the cleaning lady as she was standing outside our room for extra towels and she said no problem...but the next day again 3 towels. and it was the same lady everyday. 2. Parking kind of bites....there are 11 or 12 parking spots for this hotel in the lot including handicap. If you are lucky to get a spot keep it, if not you will have to park across the street in a public parking garage on the 5th floor or above. it is kind of inconvenent if you have kids but it is free so it is what it is. Those are my two complaints. They would not stop me from staying here again. This hotel is in a great area, everything you could want is walking distance or a short car ride away. Food, stores, and highways. Oh and there breakfast and staff are great!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I wanted so much for this to be a special trip. The staff was pleasant but the rooms are no where near what I would expect from Hilton based on the amount of travel I do for business. I am so sorry that I stayed here. The beds, which are promoted as select your comfort did not even work. One side of our bed was hard as a rock and the other was very soft and the unit was broken. To top that off, the sheets were not the correct size for the bed and kept coming off and we had to keep fixing them. When our room was cleaned it was not done very well and they left us no towels. The front desk staff did help us out there. Over all, I would rate this facility in the Hilton chain with a C-. Not what I have experienced at other HGH down through the years. The charge was $169.00 per night for two nights but it is only worth about half that much. When I travel I do not stay in hotels like this and unfortunately will not stay here again either. I used to live at the Cosmopolitan but it appears that the entire area has dropped a notch or two in style, class and excitement. Too bad for the Town Center area. It held a lot of hope at one time and shame on Hilton Garden Hotel at Town Center for not working to keep the quality of room they are known for.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Try The Westin.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights for a short business trip. The hotel is located at the Town Center and close to bookstores, shopping areas and restaurants. Very convenient. Room was clean, nicely furnished with basic amenities. Wireless internet was free. Breakfast was good with a nice spread. I would stay here again in future.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center? Share your experiences!