“So good ..... we could live here. Better than home!” 5 of 5 stars

Ocean Sands Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2207 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451   |
Ranked #21 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Queen Creek, Arizona, United States
“So good ..... we could live here. Better than home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The title of this review summarized it all. What a special wonderful place to stay, while visiting the beautiful Virginia Beach! This is our first stay at the hospitable Ocean Sands Resort (OSR). The right-on-the-beach OSR includes a large building of six floors for runs of rooms, all FACE the Atlantic ocean, while we were assigned a nice unit on the 12th floor of the attached tower of 13 floors actually (12th then 14th floor; no 13th floor, of course). The tower has only 4 units per floor; again, every unit has the beautiful oceanview. We do not have any negative thing to say about OSR accommodations: wake up to view the sunrise, "see" the news on the HDTV, and play game on our iPad -- everything is right on and from the comfy bed. The cozy one-bedroom unit is beautifully appointed with modern amenities with free wifi, two large flat screen HDTVs in bedroom and living/dining area; the comfortable bed with high quality linens; a fully stocked kitchenette: decent dishwasher, refrigerator with icemaker, pots and pans, nice tableware service for six, glass baking dishes, etc; and good size bathroom with a whirpool bathtub/shower combination, and big, fluffy and thick white towels for guests. As all units of several beachfront resorts, the rooms lean towards small size for four adults; but it is very comfortable for a couple. The dolphins did not show off, or show up for us on this trip, as we could not find them between the hours of 5-9 a.m.; oh well, they might have taken weary rest after superstorm Sandy. FREE clothes washer and dryer are possibly on every other floor, I think. My husband and I did our laundry, as the FREE and not-too-busy (*_*) full-size washer and dryer are conveniently located down the end of the not-dark hall, near the vending drink machine on the 12th floor. The friendly staff is exceptional, pleasant and helpful (kudos to Antoine, who we found was always around to takes good care of us, a senior couple owning a few timeshares). The management team is so responsive and insanely efficient making guests feel valued and appreciated (hello to Natalie!). We did not take advantage of the complimentary transportation OSR provides for guests to visit museums, shopping mall, nearby Norfolk, etc; and we did not participate in other artsy/crafty activities either. We were busy doing our daily leisure walk on the 3-mile paved boardwalk behind the resort, which is conveniently located at the 1-1/2 mile marker! The pool is on the 6th floor, and a small Mexican restaurant on the 1st floor of the main building opens off-season on the weekend only. Oh, OSR also has a hospitality suite with free computer for guests to use. We appreciate the ample on-site parking with decent size parking spots; and the fresh made popcorn too (OMG!). Local restaurants, Walgreens, Ben & Jerry's, McDonalds, Wendy's, Dairy Queen, souvenir shops, Naval Aviation Museum, Neptune's Park, etc are within walking distance. In conclusion, we have NO one negative thing to say about OSR and the insanely efficient staff. We hope to return to OSR soon. Why try the rest when travelers can stay at the best!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Natalie R, General Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I appreciate your review and your business. The staff and I are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at the Ocean Sands Resort. We look forward to having you back next fall season on your visit to Virginia Beach, if not sooner, and thank you again for choosing VSA Resorts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Grottoes, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Ocean Sands Resort was beautiful rooms and very clean and very up to date. I would definitely come back to stay. Stayed during a busy event weekend and was very close to everything. It was very nice to have a kitchen in the room instead of having to go out for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It also helped save money to do more local activities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Natalie R, General Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Ocean Sands Resort for your weekend get-away. I know you have many hospitality choices located in Virginia Beach and I appreciate your business.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have owned a timeshare unit at Ocean Sands for a few years and this was my 4th stay here. I stayed over Labor Day weekend and the following week, and it was great. Virginia Beach has some great weekend festivals in September, I guess to extend the summer as long as possible. The music festival this weekend was great, with 30+ bands.

I can't say enough positive things about the Sands. It is in a great location, the staff was wonderful and went out of their way to make sure every guest had a great time. I especially liked the van trips they offer. I went on 3 of them, and they were all great. You jut get on the van, they take you to your dwstination, drop you off, then pick you back up. All for free. They offer Williamsburg (Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yankee Candle); Norfolk (Nautilus, Battleship, the Zoo, Chrysler Museum, McArthur Center); Lighthouse trip; Old Town Portdmouth...What a great service!

Wine and cheese reception was nice (again free), as was the vacation 101 class. Of all the timeshares I own and/or visit this one offers more than any other in terms of extra benefits.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Natalie R, General Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Ocean Sands resort. We appreciate your repeat business and we look forward to having you back next year.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Even though the property is older (as well as many others properties) it is well maintain is very clean units. Located with in very short walking distance to the beach it is located right in the middle of the boardwalk.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your business and feedback. We hope to see you next summer.
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Property was clean, there was ample, convenient parking and staff was polite and helpful. Room was pleasantly furnished. On the negative side, there was no balcony. Don't see the advantage of being ocean-front if the view is from inside the unit. Missed relaxing on a balcony, listening to the waves, enjoying the ocean breeze. Virginia Beach as a whole was not enjoyable - the boardwalk is a sidewalk with no shops or sites. Sorry, it's back to Ocean City, Md next year for our beach fun.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Natalie R, General Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate your business and we look forward to having you back again next year.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I set up a family and friend vacation. We had several rooms with family and friends from other states. It was basically a reunion and we chose Ocean Sands resort. Each year my wife and I lock-in to Ocean Sands we always see something new and beautiful changes to this resort. I cannot express enough on the smiles and greetings we received during our stay. All of our needs was answered with a above average level of professional customer care. We did get the opportunity to meet with and speak with new members of Ocean Sands resort family naming Natalie, Joanne, Samantha and the very active BJ. All of whom gave our group a above and beyond and Loving stay at ocean Sands. The great part for myself was the fishing trip I was able to get because of the shopping tours they gave the girls this made me very happy and I have a freezer full of fish. The upgrade on the Wi-Fi exceeds most upscale resorts some gold crowns has not reached that level of in house communications for computers, laptops,droid pads and smart phons I say it's excellent. For vacationers, you must experience one of their "PURE Accommodations" it speaks for itself. To close I would like to mention that I spoke with one new family member at ocean Sands, I asked Sheilla how long has she been part of the family and her response was a few months she left and then came back, I asked why did you come back and she said to me I came back because of the family here at ocean Sands that she works with. This did not surprise me at all if you understand what I'm saying. Ocean Sands gets a five-star from the Webster's and Linda Elite Travel,LLC.

Room Tip: The Pure Room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I can’t thank you enough for your kind words and how pleased we are that you had more than a great vacation. Thank you for being such wonderful timeshare owners and we look forward to your return next summer.
Columbia, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary at Ocean Sands and were exceedingly pleased with the service and helpfulness of all the staff. We had 30 family members attend using a number of units. Everyone was pleased with the accommodations. They helped to make this a memorable exsperience. Thank you Natalie, Samatha, Betsy, Martin, Joann.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the ocean side!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Natalie R, General Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Ocean Sands Resort. We appreciate your positive feedback and we hope to see you back next year for your 51st Anniversary.

Been to Ocean Sands Resort? Share your experiences!