“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Grottoes, Virginia
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Ocean Sands Resort was beautiful rooms and very clean and very up to date. I would definitely come back to stay. Stayed during a busy event weekend and was very close to everything. It was very nice to have a kitchen in the room instead of having to go out for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It also helped save money to do more local activities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Natalie R, General Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Ocean Sands Resort for your weekend get-away. I know you have many hospitality choices located in Virginia Beach and I appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have owned a timeshare unit at Ocean Sands for a few years and this was my 4th stay here. I stayed over Labor Day weekend and the following week, and it was great. Virginia Beach has some great weekend festivals in September, I guess to extend the summer as long as possible. The music festival this weekend was great, with 30+ bands.

I can't say enough positive things about the Sands. It is in a great location, the staff was wonderful and went out of their way to make sure every guest had a great time. I especially liked the van trips they offer. I went on 3 of them, and they were all great. You jut get on the van, they take you to your dwstination, drop you off, then pick you back up. All for free. They offer Williamsburg (Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yankee Candle); Norfolk (Nautilus, Battleship, the Zoo, Chrysler Museum, McArthur Center); Lighthouse trip; Old Town Portdmouth...What a great service!

Wine and cheese reception was nice (again free), as was the vacation 101 class. Of all the timeshares I own and/or visit this one offers more than any other in terms of extra benefits.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Natalie R, General Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Ocean Sands resort. We appreciate your repeat business and we look forward to having you back next year.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Even though the property is older (as well as many others properties) it is well maintain is very clean units. Located with in very short walking distance to the beach it is located right in the middle of the boardwalk.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your business and feedback. We hope to see you next summer.
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Property was clean, there was ample, convenient parking and staff was polite and helpful. Room was pleasantly furnished. On the negative side, there was no balcony. Don't see the advantage of being ocean-front if the view is from inside the unit. Missed relaxing on a balcony, listening to the waves, enjoying the ocean breeze. Virginia Beach as a whole was not enjoyable - the boardwalk is a sidewalk with no shops or sites. Sorry, it's back to Ocean City, Md next year for our beach fun.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Natalie R, General Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate your business and we look forward to having you back again next year.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I set up a family and friend vacation. We had several rooms with family and friends from other states. It was basically a reunion and we chose Ocean Sands resort. Each year my wife and I lock-in to Ocean Sands we always see something new and beautiful changes to this resort. I cannot express enough on the smiles and greetings we received during our stay. All of our needs was answered with a above average level of professional customer care. We did get the opportunity to meet with and speak with new members of Ocean Sands resort family naming Natalie, Joanne, Samantha and the very active BJ. All of whom gave our group a above and beyond and Loving stay at ocean Sands. The great part for myself was the fishing trip I was able to get because of the shopping tours they gave the girls this made me very happy and I have a freezer full of fish. The upgrade on the Wi-Fi exceeds most upscale resorts some gold crowns has not reached that level of in house communications for computers, laptops,droid pads and smart phons I say it's excellent. For vacationers, you must experience one of their "PURE Accommodations" it speaks for itself. To close I would like to mention that I spoke with one new family member at ocean Sands, I asked Sheilla how long has she been part of the family and her response was a few months she left and then came back, I asked why did you come back and she said to me I came back because of the family here at ocean Sands that she works with. This did not surprise me at all if you understand what I'm saying. Ocean Sands gets a five-star from the Webster's and Linda Elite Travel,LLC.

Room Tip: The Pure Room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I can’t thank you enough for your kind words and how pleased we are that you had more than a great vacation. Thank you for being such wonderful timeshare owners and we look forward to your return next summer.
Columbia, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary at Ocean Sands and were exceedingly pleased with the service and helpfulness of all the staff. We had 30 family members attend using a number of units. Everyone was pleased with the accommodations. They helped to make this a memorable exsperience. Thank you Natalie, Samatha, Betsy, Martin, Joann.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the ocean side!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Natalie R, General Manager at Ocean Sands Resort, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Ocean Sands Resort. We appreciate your positive feedback and we hope to see you back next year for your 51st Anniversary.
Ashland, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Great property .... very nice, friendly staff. The resort is right on the ocean and is conveniently located in the center of VA Beach. Many restaurants /bars all within walking distance. The rooms and common areas were all very clean. We will definately return to this property.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear you had a pleasant stay. I hope you will choose the Ocean Sands Resort when you come back to Virginia Beach.