“Loved our beach vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Beaches
Attraction Details
Tennessee
“Loved our beach vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2006

My husband and I spent a wonderful week (Oct 21-27) in a charming beach house in Sandbridge Beach. The weather was a little chilly, but it was sunny. We watched the sunrise every morning over the ocean from our beach house, saw dolphins swimming in the surf, and hundreds of migrating birds. The beach was virtually deserted this time of year--too cold for swimming. We planned day trips to nearby areas--Virginia Beach's Boardwalk, Fort Story, Norfolk, Colonial Williamsburg, Newport News, and up to Chincoteague. There are so many things to see and do in this area that one week is not enough time. Everyone we came in contact with was so friendly--they are really to be commended for their Southern Hospitality. It was an absolutely unforgettable vacation for us and going this time of year the rental rates for beach homes are cut tremendously. We are already planning to go again next year and take our grandchildren. Sandbridge is a very quiet community and was perfect for us--I highly recommend it!!!!

Ohio
“Great Vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2006

Just got back from a week in Sandbridge. What a great vacation...did nothing but sit on the beach and at the pool and read books. We stayed at a new condo called The Sanctuary at False Cape. Beautiful! And this is not one of those hideously ugly condos like you see in Virginia Beach. The Sanctuary is pretty and colorful. I was impressed with a lot of things....security, cleanliness, etc. Everyone was very friendly. We had a problem with our kitchen lights not working when we first arrived and the manager was there immediately to help. These condos were just opened in June 2006 so everything is brand new. Like I said....this condo is not ugly like a lot of them are. They have a website and I recommend taking a a look at it if you are thinking about going to Sandbridge. Took a few hours and went to Virginia Beach. Ugh! So glad we didn't stay there. Sandbridge is quiet, clean and safe. If you want peace and quiet, it's the place to go. Next time I'd like to explore False Cape. Ran out of time. But I will return!

United States
4 attraction reviews
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2006

My family just returned from a week in Sandbridge Beach. I hate being so complimentary since this area still seems to be somewhat "unknown" outside of the local vicintiy but what a GREAT beach. It's about 10 miles south of Virginia Beach proper but is vastly different. Much quieter, less crowded, young family oriented, clean beaches, friendly people...if you are looking for relaxation this is the place. Crowds are probably kept down since there is no boardwalk and very little shopping or dining options in the town. But there are plenty of options for shopping and eating within 5 to 10 miles.

Even though it's a 7 hour drive from our Central New Jersey home we will definitely be returning!

P.S. We stayed at the Sandbridge Dunes Condo - perhaps a little pricey but very nice accomodations (and located right across from the beach).

va
“The best place in the world!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2006

My family went to Sandbridge last Sept. The first time any of us had been to Va Beach. I will never vacation at another place again. We went back in May, and are going back in Sept. Sandbridge was excellent for us. It is a quiet place, great for families. If you are looking for a party place, this isn't it. We were all so relaxed. Even with 5 kids, it was wonderful. No fighting. It was far enough away from the busy part to enjoy ourselves, But close enough that it wasn't a problem if we wanted to drive. And the dolphins!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Sandbridge is a great place for multipe families to vacation together”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2006

We discovered Sandbridge beach about 6 years ago when we wanted to drive down the east coast for a beach vacation. It's a great distance to pick from New York state if you're driving and you end up with great ocean property. We love to come with my sister's family and we all share a house together. The atmosphere is great for kids and it's very relaxing. There is no pressure to plan out your days if you like to just hang out at the beach or go for long walks in the sand. We can't get enough and now even though my nieces and nephews are older (college age) they still love coming on our trips.