“Very nice resort inn close to everything” 4 of 5 stars

The Breakers Resort Inn
1503 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Ranked #34 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
new york
“Very nice resort inn close to everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We definitely enjoyed our stay with one flaw - the cold weather! It would have been 5 star if it were warmer. We stayed in an oceanfront suite on the 7th floor- amazing view but it was so windy so we could not enjoy the balcony. In fact the wind was so strong, it blew the balcony door open and even when we had it shut you could still feel the cold so we had to turn the heat on but it was then warm and toasty. The inn is right on the beach and it close to the touristy street which was fun- overall a great value!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Weekend stay for the Shamrock Half Marathon March 2014. Not a new hotel but it looked like the room had been recently updated. Newer refrigerator and microwave. Balcony with wonderful view of the ocean and boardwalk. Window and balcony furniture needed cleaned off (sand from a previous storm) but not a big deal. Friendly staff (I think it is family owned, unlike many of the other hotels on the beach). Excellent value. Excellent location. Will return and stay here again.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms have a balcony and face the ocean and boardwalk. Higher floors are better.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I visited this weekend and thought it was a pretty good hotel for the price. I have stayed at better though. The staff is helpful and nice. They give you plenty for breakfast which is not included. I usually stay in Hampton but like staying right on oceanfront. Good value for the money.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Wakefield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I just stayed at the Breakers in February 2014. We had a kitchenette suite,which consisted of two queen beds with oceanfront and boardwalk view, bathroom, and den/kitchen area with a large murphy bed. I examined the kitchen even though I did not use it, as I was thinking about future stays. Everything seemed to be clean and in working order. There was a nice-size table for four, sofa, two tvs, and full size refrigerator, two-burner stove, and microwave. I could imagine a family with kids making great use of this set-up if they could not afford to eat out at every meal. It is not fancy, but it was clean, comfortable, and affordable. There is no indoor pool, but several rooms have jacuzzis in them, which might be a draw for couples. I think a little money spent on the entrance would be money well spent, as the worn-out carpet at the lobby door does not give a good impression. The staff was courteous and helpful. We did not eat at the cafe, but it was open for breakfast and looked inviting.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
breakersvb, Guest Relations Manager at The Breakers Resort Inn, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
We appreciate your kind comments and just wanted to let you know we think you were right. We are currently installing new carpet in the entry foyer and the halls. We also have spruced up the entry foyer and lobby as part of some renovations we have done including new lobby bathrooms, a total makeover of our coffee shop and new lighting and wallpaper in our guest rooms.
Thanks again and we hope to see you return soon.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have been at this Resort before, now it has been some years ago 2007. Well anyway My husband and I decided to get a room at the resort for Valentine's Day. I must stay when we walked into the room it had an odor to it, we was able to take care of that. Go to use the restroom and the bathroom sink did not drain, there was another couple there with us but had another room and they had and issues with the draining of the tub...My husband went to put soda's in the little refrigerator they had and it was just NASTY there was pieces missing from it and the coffee pot that comes standard with hotel/Resort rooms was NASTY it had brown stuff on the bottom of it like if it was not clean. Overall this Resort??? should be ashamed of how these rooms look and smell. Oh not to mention this was an SUIT not just a regular room. As me and my husband said we will not stay in this Hotel/Resort AGAIN!!! The Staff SMDH just will not stay there anymore!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in August with my family and my cousins had a blast. The staff is super friendly and always there if you are in need of anything. We stayed in the end suite rooms and they were spacious and very clean. The beds were comfortable and the view of the ocean was beautiful. The location is great and there is so much dinning and shopping on the strip right behind the hotel. The hotel offers bikes to rent for free and you can ride them down the boardwalk (very nice to do early morning or late at night, less crowded). The pool is a little small but why do you need a pool when you have an ocean right there. There is a little restaurant at the hotel which you must try for breakfast one day its delicious. Overall great hotel, great experience and I would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I found this place via Trip Advisor/Google and WOW! My boyfriend and I were very happy. The hotel was able to book a King room with an In-room Jacuzzi the same night I called, and it was the BEST rate for this type of room I have ever seen. Note: We did not need/want a suite- it was just a king room w/bathroom, perfect for us. Every other hotel with this kind of room would have been literally twice as much or more.

Upon arrival, we were immediately greeted. The staff was pleasant. The room was pristine with a beautiful view of the ocean (picture included). The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows, and the jacuzzi was fantastic. The room also had a nice mini-fridge and microwave. The bathroom was also very nice with a curved-rod shower and the standard complimentary soaps.

As previous guests mentioned: this is not a 5-star hotel- the hotel is not drowning in excessive niceties, like huge plush bath robes or the newest of the new TVs- but it was still absolutely wonderful with everything any normal guest could want/need.

Because we were only gone for two days and it was the weekend, we had no need for electronics- therefore, I have no comment on the wi-fi issues mentioned by prior guests.

Also, because we stayed in the dead of winter, there were no problems with "crowding" or waiting for elevators.

Suggestion for improvement: I could not find a channel directory for the TV… meaning we just flipped through all the channels. This is not a huge deal, but I would recommend buying a TV guide channel or providing a physical paper sheet of the list of channels for guests.

TLDR: Winter-time stay in awesome jacuzzi King room. Would stay again.

Room Tip: LOVED our King jacuzzi room on the 8th floor. Great views and very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Breakers Resort Inn? Share your experiences!