“Love the Breakers” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Woodbridge, VA
“Love the Breakers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is my second review of The Breakers. I just booked my room and I have to rave about how I am so pleased with the staff and the location of this hotel. It is reasonably priced, the rooms look right out to the ocean and the staff couldn't be more nice. I would definately recommend The Breakers to friends and family (and strangers :) )

We will be staying at the end of May 2013 and are very excited to come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the king suite. The pros: The rooms are spacious and the balcony overlooking the ocean is great. There was plenty of hot water to fill the tub and the jacuzzi worked with no problems. The staff was very pleasant, checking in and out was fast, and the area was quiet at night. You can't beat the location, right on the water and in walking distance of so many shops, restaurants and activities. The cons: The tub was a little dirty and the toilet had obviously only been wiped down for its recent "cleanings" and definitely has not been disinfected in a while. The little shampoo bottle was almost empty and when little things are missed I wonder about other things.

Overall the hotel is outdated and really needs some new carpeting and a fresh coat of paint. It has an "old" feel about it. That being said we were looking for a relaxing evening with an in-room jacuzzi and this resort provided that. The breakfast at the cafe was okay, nothing spectacular, but it was cheap and the server was very friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean but higher floors are quieter given that people are out late on the boardwa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Omg....where do i begin....this hotel is awesome. We stayed Friday night. They let my husband and I check in early...the king suite with jacuzzi was magnificent, clean, and cozy. The water pressure in the shower was perfect and the hot water last for hours. The breakfast in their cafe was delicious and low prices. I will recommend this hotel before any other.

• Stayed February 2013
Henrico, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at The Breakers Jan 26-27, 2013 with our best friends for a nice long weekend. We booked the Penthouse Suite but after checking in the heat pump wasn't working correct. No problem the staff was fast to respond and moved us from the penthouse down 1 floor to adjoining rooms. The breakfast was to die for. Some of the best food we've had in ages. Thank you chief and thank you to the staff of the Breakers for a wonderful long weekend. We'll return soon.

Room Tip: The rooms have great views
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Pensacola Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My Husband is in the Navy and came home for a christmas visit and my mother surprised us with a room here, I'd had never heard of the Hotel before so I was a little hesitant about the Jacuzzi in the room, however when we got there, the view and room took my breath away!!!! even though its winter the private roof deck we had was amazing!!!!! the Jacuzzi was spotless and had very very nice jets in the tub, the King Size bed was the best hotel sleep I ever had....We are defiantly making a tradition of staying here occasionally since we got stationed at Norfolk Naval. Thank Y'all for such great service!!!

Room Tip: we got room 810 on the 9th floor and it has its own private roof deck, plus a regular balcony. Betwe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My companion and I and friends, have stayed in this reasonable hotel on several occassions. Each time I have stayed here, it has been a pleasant stay. The employees are pleasant and the rooms are extremly clean. For your monies and the price it is very competive for its value and cleanliness. I am huge fan of virginia beach and this hotel it great for your wallets and purses and anyone would love to stay here. The parking is convenient and I have stayed in the standard and 2 room suite and everyone loved it. I tell the truth about hotels and this one is extremely great for the price and the amenties.

Room Tip: Ask for the higher floors for better views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Timonium, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We have stayed in many of the oceanfront hotels in VB but, in the past few years, we only stay at the Breakers both in the summer and over Thanksgiving weekend. This small hotel is family owned and managed by people who really care about their customers and their property. Although they don't have some of the amenities of the larger and newer hotels, their rooms and balconies are much larger than many of the newer ones and they are a great value for the money. The place is always clean and well-kept. Naturally, things wear out, but they replace furnishings on a pretty regular basis. The 2 story attached parking garage gets tight in the summer but at least you don't need to park across the street like many of the other places. Over Thanksgiving until New Years the boardwalk is lit up with many Christmas light displays. This centrally-located hotel is a good spot to see most of the displays right from the balcony. Breakfast & lunch at their coffee shop is also quite good. I recommend their Seahawk special; an excellent homemade crabcake, 3 eggs,etc. Overall, the Breakers is a decent, comfortable, well-maintained little hotel staffed by a bunch of really nice people.

Room Tip: The South side rooms have a better view of the whole beach and boardwalk than the North side rooms...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Breakers Resort Inn? Share your experiences!