You added Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / N 37th St to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / N 37th St
GreenLeadersBronze level
Abbottstown, Pennsylvania
“Great Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was our first time in Va Beach. We were very happy with the hotel, it had a lot to offer.
The staff was super friendly, rooms very comfortable and always cleaned very well. The pool area was awesome and very well kept. Definitely would return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / N 37th St, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad you liked our comfortable rooms and the pool area. Next time you are in town, I hope we can make your vacation just as great!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Long Beach, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

My family (me, wife, 4 kids 9 - 2) just spent 3 days there on our way back from North Carolina. If we were to go back to Va Beach, we would likely stay there again. Location (for me) was good as it was on the north end of the strip so its relatively quiet and so the beach isn't overcrowded. The best part of the hotel is the outdoor pool (which is why we stayed there) and it gets crowded. Weirdly its not heated either. Since its a beach hotel and its the busy part of the season it looks worn down in some places even though it was recently renovated. Big stain on carpet, etc. Overall, the pool and the location were the two most important things for me and they didn't disappoint.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. It's great that you were able to enjoy our fun outdoor pool as well as the beach location. Thank you for your feedback and I hope to see you again next year!
Northern, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We just stayed at Marriott Courtyard on 37th Street in Virginia Beach. We stayed on the 2nd floor and personally, I liked it better than a higher floor. What people say about the elevator situation is correct. It isn't a big deal but there are only two elevators for the entire property. Being on the 2nd floor was nice because we could just scoot down the stairs. My only comment to the hotel would be to please vacuum the elevator carpets once in a while. Ok, now the good! The location is perfect. The pool is the best! I didn't mind the flyovers at all by the jets. We thought it was cool. I have never stayed at a Courtyard and I kind of missed the room service that I am used to at the other Marriott hotels but all in all, a great choice! I will definitely be back. P.S. Staff is super friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our views and hospitality. I hope you are able to stay with us again soon!
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family and I drove 10 hours for a Triathlon 40 minutes north in Hampton. After the race we decided to bring the kids to the ocean for the first time, so we spent a few days at the Courtyard by Marriott.

My wife and I have been to Virginia Beach before, but was our first time at this hotel. We had an outstanding time. The kids really enjoyed the ocean as well as the pool with the waterfalls and little slide. We had one night of thunderstorms and the kids played in the indoor pool. This pool was relatively small, but wasn't very busy, so didn't affect our fun.

The valet parking was very easy and the valet guys were great.

The rooms were comfortable for our family and the ocean view was outstanding. There were a ton of things to do within walking distance and driving around was very easy.

Only two possible negatives: 1. Our beds were not made by room service after the first night. This could be because we were in the room when they finally came by (around 3:30pm). First time I've been there when room service showed up, so not sure the protocol there.
2. There was a lot of smoking from one of our neighbors rooms off their balcony (no smoking hotel). Most of it was coming into our room, which wasn't very pleasant. We called the front desk, but not really sure how they can police the issue.

Great hotel...great stay...and if we come back to Virginia Beach, we definitley have a place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / N 37th St, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary valet and our indoor and outdoor pool areas. I hope you are able to stay with us again the next time you are in town!
Rochester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I discounted some negative reviews because of general John expectations for Marriotts. After two nights I'm bummed to say they were right on.

Jeers and then cheers...

Booked suite on 9th floor at a high price. Couch was ripping at seams. Shower curtain was moldy (corner suite- this needs to be replaced!!!) Hotel hallways are always dirty, it's the beach, but this is a Marriott.

Elevators- prepare for ten minutes up then down. It became a running joke with other guests. The beauty of staying on the beach is easy access to your room. I dreaded having to go up.

Safety- housekeeping came in our room despite do not dosturb sign, had left valuables so we could enjoy the surf carefree. They came in, and LEFT OUR DOOR OPEN- WITH NIGHT LOCK SUSTAINING DOOR OPEN...I don't know how long. I was very panicked, and called the front desk. They said "I'm so sorry! Do you need anything else?".

Parking- is very limited. This should not be a problem during off season, in July, it was.

Cheers:

Location is fantastic. We were far enough to enjoy a much less crowded beach, but still close enough to walk to lots of restaurants.

The housekeeping/maintenance staff is really tops. Funny, and caring as others have posted. They really deserve kudos for making people feel welcome.

Great pool! Kids loved it, unique and spacious.

My recommendation to TA users when deciding is look at cleanliness and elevator situation in comparable hotels. All beach hotels show they wear and tear more quickly than others, but I have to think VA beach has hotels without the same issues. I don't think I would recommend staying here during peak season.

Enjoy your travels.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our beautiful views and the unique outdoor pool area we have. The staff is very happy that you can see our genuine customer service. I can't apologize enough about the housekeeping opportunities you encountered. The team is now aware of your feedback and acting accordingly. Thank you again for your comments about your stay. I hope you have a great rest of your summer.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Me levi, tony, james, josh, taylor and alot more had a great time while i was staying at the courtyard marriot its the best hotel i have ever stayed at i am coming back again to stay and see my new friends

Southbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have stayed at the South Courtyard and that was disaster. This one is clean, friendly, and so much better! The outdoor pool was great, the only bummer was at the end of the pool nearest the beach the water "pooled" and it was a bit buggy. The little slide was fun for the kids. Nice to have poolside bar. The room was clean, after a few calls we did receive our roll-away bed. It was a great way to start our vacation. Most definitely would return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / N 37th St, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel. Our team appreciates that you recognized our commitment to customer service. Our housekeeping team is glad you enjoyed their hard work in making our hotel beautiful. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you are able to visit us again soon!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / N 37th St? Share your experiences!