“Awesome location, pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / N 37th St

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / N 37th St to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / N 37th St
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3737 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #27 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
London
“Awesome location, pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice large room, gorgeous ocean view - shame the weather was terrible! This was not quite at the level of a Marriott hotel in Europe, but the staff was very helpful, the hotel offered good amenities and all in all it was a good stay. The heating was extremely noisy, though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / N 37th St, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our staff and our gorgeous ocean views! I have spoken with engineering and they are improving our heating system daily. Have a great new year!

470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Hyattsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Ideal location for off-season relaxation. Pleasant and helpful staff members. Clean, with the expected mild wear and tear of an oceanfront property. The bedroom heater in our suite did not work, but thanks to good weather it wasn't a problem. When we alerted the desk associate to the malfunction as we were checking out, she comped both our breakfasts and beverages. What a pleasant surprise! One of the many reasons we always stay with Marriott.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and had a great beach view. Virginia Beach boardwalk lacks the sleaze facto...
Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our great beach views in our oceanfront suite. I apologize about the heater not working properly. I appreciate your support of Marriott Hotels and I am pleased that you are a loyal member. I hope you are able to stay with us again soon.
Sonoma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have been a loyal Marriott customer for nearly 20 years and the experience at this hotel will add 20 more years. I've already logged on to Marriott.com to let them know about the GREAT experience that my family had during our weekend getaway to the beach. If you're looking for a friendly and professional hotel staff that clearly shows that they value your business, stay here. If you're looking for a hotel that has reasonable off-season rates and gives you what you pay for and more, stay here.

Again, I've stayed at a lot of Courtyards and other Marriott chains over the years for business and pleasure, and I feel that this hotel and staff should serve as a training facility for Marriott employees nationwide! I can't wait to stay here again. I'm already checking the VA Beach temperature predictions for February!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / N 37th St, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review our hotel. I am very excited to hear that you had a great experience with us! Thank you for all the great comments about our staff. We truly appreciate your loyalty to our Marriott brand. Congratulations on 20 years! I hope in the next 20 years we are able to make your stays even more memorable. It's our incredible guests like you that we strive to be better for. My team will be delighted to hear your review. I hope you are able to be our guest again in February. Thanks again and have a great year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very updated and clean. Very friendly staff at the front desk. Megan was awesome. The view was amazing and we even saw dolphins swimming! The hotel was quiet which is expected during the off season. Great value for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed January 2013
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / N 37th St, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very excited to hear that you had an amazing time with us. Thank you for your nice comment. I'm glad I was able to make your experience more memorable! I hope you are able to visit us again soon. Have an awesome year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Excellent oceanfront stay! The hotel was very clean and quiet and within walking distance to several good restaurants and shopping venues. The ladies at the front desk were courteous and friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012
Josh B, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / N 37th St, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and everything we have to offer. Thank you for the kind comments about our staff. We take pride in making every guest feel welcome and at home away from home here at Courtayard Oceanfront North! We hope that we are your number one choice on your next visit to Virginia Beach!
virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We got a great price on a jaccuzzi room the week before Christmas. The staff at this hotel is great. They were very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, though full of the typical beach wear and tear. The location of the room was good, it was very quiet. There was a refridgerator in the room. We will return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Megan P, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / N 37th St, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. That is very exciting that you were able to take advantage of a great price on our spa room. This room includes the spa, a king bed, a refrigerator, and the beautiful oceanfront balcony. We are working daily to improve the quality of our rooms. Thank you for your feedback and kind comments. We would not be able to exceed our guest’s expectations without your comments. I hope you are able to return soon. Have a great holiday season!
Raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed here this last weekend for a soccer tournament. The weather was cold (as you would expect in Dec) so we really didn't get out and enjoy the boardwalk or beach...However, what a nice location directly on the beach. We had a room that had a separate bedroom which was nice because we had two doors between us and any hall or elevator noise so we didn't hear anything. The staff was very friendly. Just about every time we passed staff they were courteous and had something nice to say. The room was clean and included a refrigerator, microwave and sink along with a sitting area (with TV) and a table with chairs. There was two "bathroom" sinks. One in the same room as the shower and another in the bedroom. Close and free parking with overflow across the street. My only complaints were the following: 1. The wireless internet absolutely would not work, even after repeated calls to the front desk, and 2. The prices for the breakfast items in the lobby were a bit high. I would stay here again in VA Beach but the internet really needs to be more reliable.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator and ice machine (which is next to the elevators)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule this holiday season to review our hotel. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our Oceanfront Suite. My front desk staff is excited to hear that you are happy with their great service. I apologize that the wireless internet was difficult to obtain. I have spoken with my Chief Engineer about this opportunity. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope your family has a wonderful holiday season! Please visit us again soon.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / N 37th St? Share your experiences!