“love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I love the crab cakes when in season. Since food is seasonal and local...
Also really special is the chocolate cake/genosh (spelling?) It's spectacular when they have it. Homemade bread YUM (not sure bar scene since non drinker so I can't comment on that.
I would call for hours since their hours vary.
They are worth it!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Williamsburg, Virginia
“The food is out of this world!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I love this place. The specials are always inventive and delicious. In nice weather, the outdoor seating is bliss, although the free range chickens are a bit much for the non-farmyard lovers in the group. One of my very favorite go to places.

Visited February 2013
Hampton, Virginia
“A place where vegans and carnivores can graze together”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

It finally happened. For the first time in over five decades, I found myself in a place where my vegan daughter, lactose/gluten-intolerant bride and carnivorous son could order from several choices and each of them ultimately enjoyed their meal as fully as I did. From the appetizers (we had the hummus and sampler plates) to the entrees (among those chosen -- rockfish, beef tenderloin, veggie wrap and a salad) and into the dessert (which we only ordered because we were afraid we would miss something delicious!), each plated delicacy was prepared to perfection and wonderfully presented. Service was great, although we did have to wait (about five minutes) before being seated, but the good news is that this place has doubled in size since some of the recent posts and there are now 11 tables inside and even more in the sunroom dining area outside. We didn't make it to the store, but plan to return. I was shocked that our bill (five entrees, two desserts, two appetizers and five beverages) came in at $101 with tax included. Not much atmosphere here, but you almost feel that dining here is helping the planet. If that's the case, we may single-handedly save our planet by returning here frequently!! Easy to miss on Shore Drive, but you can be sure that it is worth the trip.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Tucked away gem.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Food was good, service was great and there's a cute store attached to it. They make their sandwiches on fresh homemade bread.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
dallas
“Sunday Brunch very relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We met the owners at Leaping LIzzard at another restaurant late one night and decided to try this place for a long Sunday brunch. We were catching up with local friends and had a great time outside on the back porch in 40 degree weather. Their enclosed patios with heaters were very toasty and made our experience very laid back and enjoyable. I had the Waffles which were delicious and my two lady guests had salads and a delicious desert. The Mimosa was refreshing but they don't serve hard liquor. I could have used a Crown/7 with the extended conversation but just soaking in the quiet location was plenty for me that day. The service was excellent even though the server needed to walk outdoors. We were very pleased with the value/food and would be glad to return.

• Visited January 2013