“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites Oceanfront to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Oceanfront
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   705 Atlantic Ave, 8th St & Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #37 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
Southwest Virginia
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

This is one I would stay at again. We went to Virginia Beach for a memorial service for a family member. The room was clean with all the items needed. Coffee maker, microwave. There was an ocean view overlooking the pool. The staff was nice and helpful. The breakfast was also good with egss and sausages and such. The only issue we had was someone pulled the fire alarm at 3am and we had to evacuate for 30 minutes. That was at no fault to the hotel at all. I will be staying there again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

304 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Collegeville, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Although slightly older, certainly making improvements. Location is great and ALL rooms are have at lesat partial beach view. Bathroom area very large. Microwave and refrigerator included. Hort breakfast included. Parking and indoor pool across the street but not too bad. Outdoor pool area nice. Staff EXTREMELY pleasant

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Lynchburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Customer service skills are not something that practiced here. From the minute we walked in, I could tell it was going to be interesting. The desk clerk never looked up and barely smoked. The hotel is built almost as two towers, with the office in the center. She gave us our room key but never bothered to tell us which side we were on - so after navigating the luggage cart around a very tight turn, up five stories, and through a very small hallway, we were on the wrong side. Do it again! The first afternoon we plugged our phones in and went to enjoy the beach, upon returning at 930 we found our phones not charged, and the alarm clock not working (not a huge but knowing the time would have been nice). As I went to shower, I found a roach in the bathroom, killed it, and went to tell the desk where the clerk rolled her eyes at me. This is where I lost it! We travel extensively, and try to be loyal to Choice, but it is getting ridiculous at the way that guests are being treated (once in a while you will run across a good one, but they are so far and few between it is sad!). The breakfast is okay, if you like luke warm items and the attendant yelling at you! One thing that I had NEVER seen was a tip jar sitting out in the breakfast area of the hotel - this threw me off a little bit and even disgusted me, I mean you are not waiting on me, you are an employee of the hotel - so no I did not leave one! All in all, we will never stay at this property again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Gloversville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We have stayed in this hotel many times over the years and still find it a good deal. It's older and the rooms are a bit small; but it's generally well maintained and clean and offers great access to the ocean walk and the beach.
This trip we took exception to a couple things. We always end up on the south wing which has two elevators. Over the last couple visits we've noticed that only one was in service. On this stay, only one was in service, and it went down mid-day on Saturday--a day when it was full! They had it up and running again, but it was somewhat erratic on Sunday morning also. The staff was quick in their response to the problem.
Our other comment is that the pool could use a bit more light. There are about 20-30 fixtures in the pool area; but only about 10 of them are lit. It makes for a dingy area. The pool itself is large enough for a really good swim.
Overall, for about a hundred bucks on a weekend it's still a great deal. The staff is always helpful and pleasant and it's pretty well kept.
One complaint is the coffee in the restaurant. It's anemic! (It seems to run in the Quality chains) Fortunately, they have a better system in the lobby that produces a good cup.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
gettysburg, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My family and I stayed here several times in the last year. Every visit was terrific! We love the rooms, comfy beds, and cleanliness. The view of the beach from every balcony is lovely. The nightlife in the bar/restaurant downstairs is fun. I like the pool being on the ocean-side as well. I have stayed in most VB hotels through my 22 years going there and this is by far from favorite one!

Room Tip: If you get a king bed room with sofa bed, you will have more space.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chesterfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and spent Valentine weekend at this hotel and had an ocean front room. Room was clean, bathroom is a little small. Good value for the money and right on the boardwalk. Friendly staff. Parking is across the street.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I attended a family occasion and we all stayed at the Quality Inn in Virginia Beach. We all enjoyed the rooms, views and the very courteous staff. The rooms were clean and the people were fantastic.

Great value off season.....as well as I am sure in season.....

Room Tip: Remember the difference between ocean view and ocean front. With view, you will see some part of th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Oceanfront? Share your experiences!