“Beautiful Hotel, Great Rates” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Newcastle Hotel

You added Newcastle Hotel to your Saves list
Newcastle Hotel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1201 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Ranked #77 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Beautiful Hotel, Great Rates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for our anniversary. We got a great rate for one of the deluxe rooms, with a jet tub in the room, as well as a balcony on the oceanside and a large window with a view of the city-side. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was nice and clean. The only complaint is they were working on one of the elevators, so there was only one functioning, but our stay was great. Wonderful location, beautiful views, all for a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms on the top floor have views on both sides and jet tubs in the room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Buena Vista, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

My family visited VA Beach to enjoy the holiday lights and we stayed here. The pool felt like a hot tub which was wonderful in December with the outside temperature so cold. The hallways were nice and warm as well so that you didn't freeze on the way back from the pool. There were also 2 bathrooms at the pool which were both very clean and well kept. The rooms were nice and each room has a jacuzzi tub..which my children absolutely loved. My daughter was recovering from pneumonia and had a coughing spell during the night. The hotel provided us with clean blankets as soon as we asked for them the next day from her medicine spill. All hotel staff were extremely helpful and courteous. We would definitely stay there again :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Charles Town, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at the Newcastle last weekend. It was cold out, but we just needed a getaway. We enjoyed our oceanview room. We stayed in the King Suite. The jacuzzi was so nice. We highly recommend this hotel. The staff is very friendly. If you are looking for total luxury, this may not be the place for you, but if you want to relax and enjoy a romantic weekend, it is perfect. The only complaint that we have is that the bathroom wasn't in the best of shape, but it is an older hotel. We easily overlooked the flaws. The rates at this time of the year are incredible. Not only is it a nice romantic getaway, but the hotel is also a nice place for a family vacation as well. We will definitely be going back again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

After reading the mixed reveiws for this hotel, I was apprehensive about staying there. Let me put your fears to rest. My husband and I just stayed there last week (Oct 9-14) Granted it is an older hotel however, it was very clean and the staff was amazing. Check in was fast and easy. The room was as described on the website and the jacuzzi was in working order. Please take a chance on this place we did and were not disappointed! We will be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Mount Airy, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night in September. I was afraid the commode was going to fall it rocked so bad. It was not anchored to the floor. My morning (7am)shower water was barely warm. The garden tub took up half the tiny bathroom so you could hardly shut the door.
After I got home I remembered I had left my nightgown hanging on the back of the bathroom door so I called to ask the front desk about it and after several phone calls I was told the maid said nothing was left in the room, which I know is not true, and it had not showed up in the laundry, so she had to have taken it.
We asked the front desk where to eat breakfast since we did not know they provided breakfast in their dining area and one lady told us several places to go and the other lady seemed anoyed that she did not tell us about their breakfast and told us her husband cooked the breakfast in their dining room. We did eat there the next morning and the food was ok, but there was only one girl waiting on everybody and she was not happy about being left by herself to wait all the tables.

It appears the help may not be that happy with these people.

The building definitely needs painting and some TLC.

Do not plan to stay here again. I have stayed at the Quality Inn on the Boardwalk in past years and definitely 100% more satisfied. The only reason we did not stay there was could not get a reservation for one night.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I just reserved a room by phone with Suzanne. As I speak from the standpoint of a Human Resources Professional who observes service quality; I found Suzanne to be the best I have ever spoken to. I picked the Newcastle Hotel in Va. Beach, VA as a short get a way from a busy work week and based the decision on the Trip Advisor recommendations to which this hotel recieved great reviews. I plan to expand my recommendation after my return from there this weekend; but I wanted to commend Suzanne for her exceptional customer service on the phone.
Mitzi

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Roanoke Rapids, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Newcastle Hotel for a getaway. It was nice. Not the nicest place I have ever stayed but definitely not the worst. Some updates are needed. For example there is not a DVD player in the rooms. Some other updates could be made as well. Staff was very kind and willing to help. Great Location. We will certainly stay there again. The only complaint that I have is the parking situation. Parking deck is very small.

Room Tip: Bring one small car!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Newcastle Hotel? Share your experiences!