“Good Spring getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Severn, Maryland
“Good Spring getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great pool/jacuzzi area, good secure parking, and very nice suite with full kitchen, fireplace and balcony. Close to great dining and beach facilities. My only real complaint is that I was contacted everyday and asked if I was interested in purchasing a timeshare there. I guess my first "no" wasn't convincing to them. I will definitely stay there again on our next trip to VA Beach.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Check in was 3pm and our room wasn't ready till after 5. We paid a good dollar to stay at the two bedroom suite. Other then that good experience. Only other complaint my family had was the bath water., even set all the way to hot still was only like warm temperature

• Stayed April 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Found the site to be well maintained the help to be cheerful and the accommodations to be outstanding. Our room service was excellent and the pool was an oasis. Can't wait to go back again. Best vacation I've had in 10 years.......Loved it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
nc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Okay. I booked this months ago for a quiet spring break getaway, and it wasn't exactly cheap, but seemed like a really good deal when compared to the Hilton, where we usually stay. In theory, it sounded awesome with the kitchenette, etc.. Here's the rundown: paper-thin walls and even the 18 year olds were complaining about the noise in the surrounding rooms, as well as from the street, not to mention they thought it was "not really very clean"...in teenage terms, I don't know how to even qualify that., because I've seen their idea of clean. Extra add-on charges for more shampoo (we brought our own, thankfully), maid service, etc. Parking at the actual resort was extremely limited and VERY tight, so good luck with that. For the money, I will definitely go somewhere else in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Warrenton, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Babushkababe has it right...as I sit here writing my review at 4:00 am (I've been up since 2:30 listening to the sounds of the neighbors and the traffic). You can hear EVERYTHING through the walls. While the place is fairly well kept, the noise is a definite issue. We will NOT be coming back or recommending this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This resort is a block from the beach which is good but it is also too noisy and dirty.
One side of the resort is next to a busy street and we heard traffic all day and night.
We appreciate the work that our Armed Forces Service people do but listening to the jets from the nearby Oceana Air-station fly overhead until 1:00AM and then start again at 8:AM is too much.
The group in the unit above us was obviously having a party and it sounded like they were jumping off the beds. This noise went on for hours. Finally at midnight I called the front desk and the clerk said she would call and ask them to be quiet. The party continued on and I called again. The person working the desk said no one in the room answered and she left a message for them to stop. Incredible!!! Finally they sent security up and the party stopped about 1:00AM. The next night it was the same story.
However, we can hear anyone moving around even when they are walking. We have tried two different rooms and both were the same. We are giving up and going back home.
I need to say something about the cleanliness of the resort. I put on white sox and within an hour of walking around on the floor the sox were black on the bottom. One of the pillows on a couch was held together with eighteen safety pins. There were hairs in the bathroom and a shower cap in the closet.
This is supposed to be an Interval International Gold. I do not think it deserves that rating.
We will not come back.

• Stayed March 2013
West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday & our 1st anniversary and we enjoyed it. We had a room with a bedroom, bathroom, kitchenette & living room. We had a balcony overlooking the pools and could also see the ocean across the street. There was hardlly anyone else there so it kind of felt like we had it to ourselves. We were also on the 3rd floor, which I prefer. The only negative I would give this place is that when you walk into the room you walk into the bedroom and it just seems odd. Also, if it were busy you would be able to hear everyone walking by your room because of the bedroom being right there where everyone walks by. The pools & hot tubs are awesome. We didn't get in them due to the weather being cool, but we could have, the one pool is heated and they run the waterfalls and everything in the pools even though it's off season. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Turtle Cay Resort? Share your experiences!