“Better than I expected!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early, Save 10%
Ranked #50 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Tampa, FL
“Better than I expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Every year we go on a different vacation for our anniversary (12 years) and this time we went to Virginia Beach. We decided at the last minute to bring our nieces. I was a little weary of this resort because of the comments from other people. Let me get my one complaint out of the way....the walls are very thin!! Construction was going on during our stay so we heard that, but the noise from people inside their rooms were worse.

But...other than that it was a great vacation. We had a one bedroom, was in room 106 in the building near the office. The room, living room and bathroom was very clean. The bedroom was right at the door which was a little weird but was ok. The balcony was nice, looking over the pool area. The staff was very courteous and helped us with tickets to Nauticas, (recommend) Check in was quick. Even though we own a timeshare, we did go see another timeshare and it was really NO pressure. Since its the winter time, it was hardly anybody there which was perfect for us. I would recommend this resort and will go back again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Very nice layout of the rooms inside and out. Enjoyed having the rooms at opposite ends of the 2 bedroom suite. Wonderful view of the pool from the balcony. Bathrooms were very spacious. We were close to everything. I do suggest if you do not have children to take the top floor. The people above us had a child running up and down for 2 hours in the early morning. I would definitely recommend this place and go again.

Room Tip: I would advise getting a room on the top floor. On our last night the people above us had a child wh...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I spent my 3 year anniversary here and i absolutely loved it. The staff was very nice and gave tips on where to eat and where to go to have a great time at night. My suite was very clean, which is not always the case at others places, and the front desk clerk called us to make sure everything we were okay after we checked in. I love this place so much I'm going back for my birthday.

Room Tip: Rooms on the highest floor have the best views.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Ancaster, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

This hotel has a resort feel and is just a few steps to the ocean. Overall the rooms are great and the pools are great for kids. Just a little to busy at times. This hotel is not to far from anything. You can leave the car parked for a few days, no need to drive anywhere except for a tourist trap.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

It was really a great place to stay. I was on the third floor and for about $100 I had a queen sized bed, a balcony overlooking two pools with water falls and two hot tubs. There was also a kitchen with stove, dish washer, stove, microwave and a great skylight. Bath with a shower and jacuzzi. There is even a safe and five bed pillows in the bedroom portion of the suite. There is a big TV in the bedroom and a big TV in the sitting room as well as a fireplace with the deck facing the outdoor pools.
Parking was underground and that was wonderful since it was raining the day I checked out.
It's located at 6th Street between Atlantic and Pacific Avenues just a block from the beach, Good restaurants are located nearby.
The location is also a negative because those busy Avenues are traveled all the time and you can hear the traffic, the jets from the nearby air base. But most hotels in the area would have the same problem. This one had very thin walls as I could hear the guy (or gal) in the next room snoring when I woke up in the morning of the second night.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing either the Atlantic of Pacific Avenues would be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Forestdale, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I think the set up off this resort is wonderful. I loved that it wasn't right on the boardwalk but i could see the ocean and boardwalk from my room. I loved how enclosed I felt with in the resort. It was perfect for what we were looking for. private and comfortable for me and my husband in a one bedroom. perfect for 2 people, wouldn't suggest more than that. the inside was decent, not up to what I was expecting and our fire place didn't work all week, that was the main downfall I think. we wanted romantic which that place definitely was when we went but even after having someone come up and fix the fire place it never worked again after the first night. very disappointing. Altogether, we had a wonderful week together! oh and the people there were quite friendly and knowledgeable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I am not a happy camper after my stay last night 1/21/12. We had to leave at 3 am after I rolled over and saw a bug in our king bed. I had never seen a Bed BUG before so I had no idea what they looked like. I took pictures and sent out for people to research for me. Yes they were bed bugs. Called and told office of the bugs and ask if they have had a problem , I was told NO. The desk clerk offered us to move in another room and give us 20% off stay, she could not return 100% management would have to do. We did not stay we packed and went home at 4 am.home. Had kids with us so it was very inconvient to wake them and leave. We left all our belongings in our shed and had to take off all our clothes ect. before coming in to our house, ran directly to hot shower.Manager called me at the time I requested today and told me she was sorry that they have never had a problem, gave me full refund . She called corp. office and called someone for problem and they were coming Mon.Then I STARTED RESEARCHING TO FIND , THEY HAVE HAD A PROBLEM. The security came and took pictures, I made sure this was done before I left. I did take my own pictures .He said he had never seen them but he sure knew they were bed bugs. Do not lie if you have had a problem , it only makes for harsh feelings. I will never go back, this is my second bad expereince, the first was 7 yrs. ago with cleanleness , no hot water, and door would not lock.This time it was way worse with bed bugs, little hot water, door wouldn't lock the battery was dead,loud street noise, someone tried to get in room, due to late night parting. Turtle Cay is a beaiful place on the outside and inside but don't let that fool you. It could be awesome if they spent some of the money they made on high prices and put it into the hotel. This is a gold Key resort time share location,there is more owned on the beach. We are local from Chesapeake.I would not have posted if the hotel did not say they never had bugs so now I AM WARNING YOU!

Room Tip: Not Turtle Cay
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Turtle Cay Resort? Share your experiences!