“Best place on the BAY!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
va beach, va
“Best place on the BAY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

Another great stay at the VBRH. I stay here frequently and love it each time. It has everything you can ask for. Beach, pool, bar, restaraunt, close to lots of places. The staff is wonderful. Beds are comfy. Views are awesome!! Clean beach area. Stayed in a 2 bedroom this past Labor Day weekend. Witnessed a beautiful wedding out on the deck. I would much rather stay away from the over crowded oceanfront hotels in va beach. Room Service is fast. Front desk is very helpful. They offer transportation to the oceanfront for $7.00 per person. Beats the traffic and parking. If you haven't tried this hotel....PLEASE DO IT'S A MUST. Will continue to stay here for mini get aways and I am a local!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Bonita, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

Dirty, dirty, dirty and dirty! I've stayed in questionable hotels before but they can be forgiven for they are often cheap so its expected. For the money we spent on this hotel one expect they would shampoo their carpets ever once in a while! Housekeeping starts their rounds at about 9 am. I could hear them knocking on other doors way down the hall because the walls are PAPER THIN! I quickly throw the "Do Not Disturb" sign up and try to go back to sleep. 10min later we get the..".tap tap tap housekeeping" at the door. I kindly say no and she goes away. An hour later another "tap tap tap housekeeping", mind you sign is still on the door. I decline again and they go away. Hour after that I get a phone call asking if I would like housekeeping today and again I say no. I applaud their effort to get my room clean but after THREE times please just take a hint! The cable stopped working for a while, the bathroom door knob became jammed and would NOT open, and everything was INCREDIBLY dirty!! This place was WAY WAY WAY over priced! Please do not stay here for your wallet and general sense of hygiene.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Mount Airy, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

WOW this hotel was amazing everything was very close!! My mom and I were really impressed with the room and service. We will deffently be spending our vacation in Virginia beach from now on.

Sterling Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

We have been to VA Beach several times and wanted something quieter this time... away from the hustle of town. Came upon this hotel north of town on the internet. I was hesitant about booking here because of some of the negative reviews, but was pleasantly surprised. We were very happy with our room....we had a side view room since it was cheaper. I did not find it extremely outdated.... perhaps a little. It was clean, and in good repair... offered everything we needed. Note that the kitchenette was not stocked with dishes or cooking equipment. We did not plan on cooking, so that was fine with us. The value of this room with 5 adults could not be beat!! Ate on the outdoor deck off the lunch menu a few times.... food and service was friendly and great. Singer with guitar was fun.... interacted with people and got us involved. Pool was clean, not crowded, water temp perfect. Great beach. Slept well...it was quiet. Beds are doubles and not queens, but we knew that before we booked. My adult daughter booked a massage and said it was one of the best she's ever had. Fee for wireless internet, but again, we knew this ahead of time by reading the website. Great sunrise and sunset views! We found every staff member friendly, and would definately stay again!! (Side note: Upon check-in, at about 4:30, there was a woman in front of me, complaining that she had been waiting for her room since 1:30. However, check-in was clearly stated at 4p.m. The person at the desk treated her professionally and kindly, and then waited on me with a pleasant smile. Heard the woman complaining to guests hours later in the elevator. People need to know hotel policies and check-in times. If you are able to get into your room before check-in, especially in a resort area, consider yourself lucky.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

There were so many conflicting opinions on this hotel that I felt compelled to contribute my own experience. My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights with our 3 kids. Overall, we had a great time. The location was excellent, with a gorgeous view of the sunset over the Chesapeake each night. The rooms were a little dated, but spacious and very clean. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating, the beach was clean and convenient. The kids had a blast! They loved the bay beach and the pool (although I have to admit the pool was very cloudy and I was somewhat nervous about the overall cleanliness of the water). We rented a wave runner at the beach which was expensive (as was expected), but worth the indulgence for the experience with the kids. The hotel offers children’s activities throughout the day, for which we signed up on one of the days. It was o.k. at best… More of a babysitting service than anything else. The kids had an o.k. time, but I wouldn’t really recommend it. The only real complaint for me was – as I have read in other reviews – IT IS EXTREMELY NOISY!! I read those reviews before we went, but hoped they were exaggerated. They were not. The sounds from the hallway seemed to reverberate through our hotel room at night. I slept with earplugs in each night, and I still was awakened by noise several times. If you are a really deep sleeper and can deal with the noise at night, it's a great place to stay.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

the hotel was very excellent in service, location(on the beach), and activites. The first impression was the best impression. The young lady at the front desk , the day oof our arrival was very friendly and greeted me with a smile. Each and every person we came in contact with on our stay was very friendly and helpful. We had the chance to experience jet sking, which was very rewarding. Lastly, if I had to do it again I would and include you all in it as well.

thanks for the wonderful time.

shannon white

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Mechanicsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

My husband, daughter, her friend and I were very pleased with our stay at this hotel! We loved the room, pool, beach and restaurant. The staff was very helpful, Donna McNulty showed us around! We will definitely be staying here again in the near future!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!