“ALL YOU COULD ASK FOR! EXCELLENT A+++ RESORT LOVE IT!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2800 Shore Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23451-1327   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #52 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
va beach, va
“ALL YOU COULD ASK FOR! EXCELLENT A+++ RESORT LOVE IT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

I am a local here and have stayed here several times. I cannot brag enough how great the service is. Very spacious rooms. Clean! Great views. Own beach. Daughter loves the pool. My family and friends stay here each time they are in town. Walking distance to grocery store and other places.

Easy check in. I have never seen a bug here so I don't know what 1 reviewer was talking about. Never heard loud noises from other guests. They do cater to weddings/banquet rooms so if you can't take people enjoying life maybe you need more vacations and relaxation time!

Will be staying here time and time again.

549 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

Our family has been going to this hotel for 19 years and every year it just gets better. We have had as many as 27 people there and no trouble at all. We ate at the Tradewinds Resturant and it was so good. I can not tell you how delightful the experience has been and we will be back next year.
I have had many friends and family to come along and they also have enjoyed there trip. The beach is clean and the pool is great especially the inside one when the weather is rainy. Our daughter, neices and nephews have grown up now and come back with us. They only have good memories of our "family and friends vacation".

virginia beach, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

My high school graduating class had our 50th reunion at the hotel. It was the Granby High School "Lost Class of 1959". We had a magnificent time. It could not have been any better. Working with Paul Thompson to make all the arrangements, to Patrick the maintenance supervisor, to Jeff at the front desk to Calvin in the restaurant the responsiveness was great. Customer service personified. Everything either went perfectly or was corrected immediately. We have already booked our next outing and also our next reunion in 2014 at the hotel. Additionally, the general manager Stacey Wardell made sure everything went off on schedule for us. Definitely deserves a 5 star rating.

• Stayed May 2009
Richmond, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

Upon arrival they had to move my room 3 times just to get me a room with a balcony. Not fun. The room was a pretty good size. My husband and I brought our 9 and 11 year olds who slept on the fold out sofa. They were ok with it. We didn't get much sleep either night. Our bed was closest to the hallway and until about 3am both nights people were slamming doors and yelling in the halls. On the second night, right before closing my eyes for the night I saw a roach crawling down the wall. Regardless of the noise coming from the hallway, I couldn't have slept anyway just thinking about roaches crawling on me. I won't stay here again.

Pittsburgh PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

We loved everything about this place. The views of the ships passing through to the bay were great and sunsets spectacular. The beach was clean and the water warm with gentle waves. The staff was attentive and friendly and even offerred to give us a ride to a local restaurant and back and go to the market for us. Drinks on the oceanfront patio were as good as it gets. I did not want to leave and we did not have to. Even the gift shop was like a nice boutique and not even pricey-this place has everything you need. The best thing about it was that there were no hassles-everything you need to relax and enjoy a few days is right there.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

I was on business and stayed at this hotel for 14 days.
Stacy Patrick General Manager and her staff were always friendly and accomendating.
I am going back in July and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
lpstafford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

We had a fantastic trip! We needed a place to throw a surprise 80th birthday party for my father-in-law that could hold about 30 guests. We rented a penthouse suite, which was nicely decorated, comfortable and very large. The balcony overlooking water was the perfect backdrop for the gathering! The sunsets from the the Virginia Beach Resort Hotel are amazing!

I can't say enough about the service. Everyone from the front desk, housekeeping, banquet staff and restaurant staff were very helpful and friendly, from check-in to check-out. They were on the mark with everything. We ordered food from the hotel for the party and the food was fantastic. Thank you to Donna, Scooter, and Patrick, just to name a few.

From beginning to end the experience at the hotel was perfect. We only experienced one issue...we were so busy, we didn't have a chance to go for a walk on the beach. We now wish we had scheduled an extra day, just for relaxation after all of the festivities! We will return, and next time, we will schedule some beach and relaxation time!

• Stayed April 2009

Been to Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!