My wife and I stayed here for a wedding in January, per the groom’s request. First place I have stayed in years not based on TA reviews. The room size was great; every room is a suite with a living room and separate living area with kitchenette, coffee pot, and microwave. Every room has the bonus of an ocean view and most have balconies! Ours was on the 6th floor facing north, and the view faced right over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, which was cool. Our room interior was fairly lack luster with seemingly 1980's appliances in the kitchenette. Everything functioned well, however, except for the water in the showers and the sinks. The water temps would range from cold to scorching hot if not careful while showering or washing hands and the coffee pot. Seemed to be better to use water at off times (not when everyone else would be showering in the neighboring rooms). Our door opened immediately to the bedroom, with a small hall to the living space, with the bath in between. This made the hall noise VERY loud at night while trying to sleep; you hear everything from the neighbors units and hallways much too well. The hotel staff was very friendly and the complimentary local driver was a great bonus for us! I would have rated this hotel worse; however, several other couples staying for the weekend had amazing rooms! The rooms directly facing the ocean, at least on the 6th floor are great. The several that we were in were larger than and more secluded and quite than ours. The room directly facing the ocean (probably more expensive as it was the bride a groom’s room) had a huge balcony over the beach/ocean view. The neighboring room (same rate that we paid), lacked a balcony but had a full size beach/ocean view panoramic window. Both rooms were very nicely updated. Try for the direct ocean front rooms if upgrades and views are important to you. All the rooms view the ocean and are large, but the in room amenities may differ. Hotel is quite removed from the actual Va Beach area, but there are great restaurants and activities nearby. I would stay here again, but would go for ocean front!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Cente offers a secluded beach for guest use only, plus a year-round indoor pool, seasonal outdoor pool, spa tub, fitness center, and complimentary tennis at the Virginia Beach Tennis Club. THere is a Restaurant and Lounge offering wonderful food selections.This ALL SUITES Resort guestrooms have balconies with a view of the beach and bay, plus a separate living area with sofa bed. Suites include 2 TVs, and kitchenettes include microwaves, refrigerators, and coffeemakers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virginia Beach Resort Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Hotel
- Virginia Beach Resort Conference Center