“Best House Staff EVER!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
hauppauge
“Best House Staff EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a wedding. I got way too intoxicated and lost my phone, wallet, and the suit I had been wearing! Chris Borland swept the hotel in search of my stuff for the next 24 hours, finding all my belongings! I had to leave for new york before they were found and Chris boxed my items up for me and assisted in the overnight shipment of them back to new york. I couldnt be happier with the customer service, the understanding of my intoxicated bizarre losing of my items, and the relentless aid of Chris and ALL his house staff in finding my belongings. I also enjoyed the ammentities of the resort and was blown away by the beathtaking views from the rooms balcony, I highly reccomend any wedding party to stay here, for a 100 dollar room, it is impeccable and located next to food, shopping, and nightlife. Thanks again to all the staff for helpingfind my stuff!

• Stayed December 2012
staceypatrick, General Manager at Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
We were happy to assist in finding your belongings during your recent stay with us. Your nice comment about Chris’s diligent search is appreciated. Our staff is dedicated to providing great service to all of our guests in hopes of them having a wonderful experience. We’re glad that you liked our fabulous location here on the beach of the Chesapeake Bay, and do hope you will come back again for a visit. Feel free to stay in touch at: Facebook.com/vbresorthotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Pensacola, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful stay for our family during the Thanksgiving holiday. The rooms had the most incredible sweeping views of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge...unbelievable at night! And the beds had to be the most comfortable hotel beds that I've slept in...The staff was always very pleasant and accomodating. While there, we had room service and ate in the hotel restaurant, Tradewinds. Our dinner party consisted of about 14 people and the service and food were truly delightful. The waitstaff was very attentive, and our steaks, chicken, & crab cakes were cooked to perfection! We would definitely stay here again & again & again. Love the fact that it is a family owned hotel!

• Stayed November 2012
staceypatrick, General Manager at Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We thank you for such a wonderful review of our resort and restaurant. It appears you enjoyed the scenic views of the Chesapeake Bay from our hotel and do hope you had time to take a relaxing stroll on the beach. We strive to provide superior service and comfortable accommodations and are thrilled that you and your group had such a wonderful time. Please visit with us again and keep in touch! Facebook.com/vbresorthotel
Marlton, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was at this hotel in December for a conference. The hotel is just ok. Nothing too special about it. The view I had was nice, with a view of the bay and the various ships that anchor there. The room was a little dated, and had a living room with a small kitchen, and a pull out couch. I did not turn the TV on, but they were regular older CRT TVs and not flat screens. I cannot comment on the bar, but I did eat there twice and their catering wasn't bad.
The hotel has this 1980's Reagan-esche flair, if you are into that sort of thing.
My biggest complaint were the rock hard pillows. There were absolutely horrible, and the first night I had trouble sleeping. The second night I just bunched up a blanket and used that as a pillow. This is a BYOP type of place (Bring Your Own Pillow).
The bathtub did not drain too well, either. I did not have to pay to stay here, and this is probably why I am not too concerned, but if I had to pay my own money to stay here, I would be aggravated.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
staceypatrick, General Manager at Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and we are so sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than perfect. Had we known about your preference in pillows we could have certainly provided you with a plumper pillow to ensure you had a comfortable night’s sleep. We value your comments and only wish you had enjoyed your time with us more. Thank you for staying with us.
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I am from Virginia Beach, and know the area well. I stayed at The Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center October 5-7th, 2012 for my cousin's wedding. First they did not have our reservation group, although it was booked months in advance. I don't mind paying $150 a night for a decent hotel, but these rooms are so outdated and smell like an elderly person's attic. The beds are right as you walk in the door of the suite, which is odd placement. The microwave looks like an easy-bake oven from 1980! My 14 year old daughter said, "What is that?" The mini fridge didn't keep drinks cold, the shower in my friends room had no hot water, my bath tub didn't drain so I had to stand in filthy water as I got ready for the wedding. We booked a conference room to hang out in after the wedding, and it smelled like an old moldy, dusty, garage. Everything looks so outdated and cheap. We ate at the restaurant which had flies inside, and the food was overpriced and fair. The room service presentation and taste was like "hospital food" as my daughter accurately described it. There is no free internet. Very poor value for the cost, needs total renovation or to cut prices in half. We were supposedly getting a group rate for the wedding, but a friend booked the day of and got the same rate $150 a night in off-season. What a rip-off.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We hope that you had an enjoyable time at your cousin’s wedding while back in the Virginia Beach area. Guest feedback is important to us and we are sorry that you did not find our resort acceptable during your stay. We’ll be sure to review your comments with our staff and thank you for staying with us.
va beach, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I frequent this hotel quite often. I have several friends from out of town who love to stay here. Spacious rooms, wonderful view of the bay, Clean pool area. Restaraunt is very good food. I spend most of the summer here at the hotel. The beach is not over crowded. Have seen lots of beautiful weddings right on the beach. My family and friends only want to stay at this resort when they visit when they have other places to choose from. Grocery store right across the street. Comfy beds & clean rooms. Friendly staff. I reccommend VBRH to everyone I know. Try it, you'll see!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
staceypatrick, General Manager at Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thanks so much for continually visiting and recommending our hotel to your friends and family. Living so close to our resort we’re sure you are familiar with our location, great sunsets on the beach and awesome amenities to keep everyone entertained. We thank you for the wonderful review score and look forward to seeing and your friends again soon! Keep in touch with us at: Facebook.com/vbresorthotel
Southern Pines, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I would give this hotel 4 circles if it wasn't so loud and the hot water wasn't unpredictable ! I stayed in 722 this weekend, which is a bayfront with 2 double beds. The beds themselves are comfortable, decent mattress and the newer, white duvet cover linens. My room had new flat screen tvs in the living area and the bed area, but my friends on the fifth floor had older tvs, so probably just depends! The place was very clean, and considering it's age housekeeping is working hard. Hot water was iffy in the shower. The noise- rooms are designed so that as you enter the room you basically run into the beds, then you pass the bathroom/sink area, then the living area with balcony. This wouldn't have bothered me if the noise from the hall wasn't so bad. They are a very busy conference center, and there was a large wedding party having a great time until about 3 AM, which is fine with me except they kept coming up and down the elevator near my door, and every sound/word was easy to hear. They do have security patrolling and trying to keep it quiet, but the age of the building and thinness of the walls makes it noisy. It felt very safe as well, I was traveling as a woman alone and had no concerns walking around at night or day. The food was quite good, we ate in the restaurant one night and the she crab soup and spinach and gorgonzola salad were both fresh and tasty. My one friend is vegan and they had a dish she really liked, and they made something not even on the menu for another friend that she said was great. ATT wifi was 9.95/day and super slow.
Overall great service, friendly atmosphere, good food, and very clean in the pluses. Loud, old, and iffy hot water in the minuses. Not sure it would be my first choice if I came to Va Beach again, but I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
staceypatrick, General Manager at Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We appreciate you staying at our hotel on the bay and also for your valuable feedback. We’ll be sure to research your remarks and discuss them with our staff and do hope you had a wonderful time while in the Virginia Beach area.
Middletown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stay at VBRHCC each time I travel to VA Beach (1-2 times per year) and am thoroughly satisfied with the accommodations. When we stay, we always receive a room on the bay side which is lovely. The service staff is always friendly and willing to accomodate our requests. The suites are large and the mattress is comfortable. We have eaten at Tradewinds for breakfast and the outdoor bar/lunch menu and both were delicious. The pool and bay beach access are fabulous. This year, we tried paddleboarding and the staff was very helpful instructing us "first timers" . One disadvantage is that the hotel is rather dated and is noisy. To limit outer noise, I suggest requesting a corner room and one that is far away from the elevators.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for being a loyal customer and returning back recently to stay with us. We are thrilled that you had a nice time with your family and enjoyed the water sports directly behind our hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you next time! Facebook.com/vbresorthotel

Been to Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!