Save Saved
Ranked #55 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
Marlton, NJ
“Just ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was at this hotel in December for a conference. The hotel is just ok. Nothing too special about it. The view I had was nice, with a view of the bay and the various ships that anchor there. The room was a little dated, and had a living room with a small kitchen, and a pull out couch. I did not turn the TV on, but they were regular older CRT TVs and not flat screens. I cannot comment on the bar, but I did eat there twice and their catering wasn't bad.
The hotel has this 1980's Reagan-esche flair, if you are into that sort of thing.
My biggest complaint were the rock hard pillows. There were absolutely horrible, and the first night I had trouble sleeping. The second night I just bunched up a blanket and used that as a pillow. This is a BYOP type of place (Bring Your Own Pillow).
The bathtub did not drain too well, either. I did not have to pay to stay here, and this is probably why I am not too concerned, but if I had to pay my own money to stay here, I would be aggravated.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
staceypatrick, General Manager at Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and we are so sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than perfect. Had we known about your preference in pillows we could have certainly provided you with a plumper pillow to ensure you had a comfortable night’s sleep. We value your comments and only wish you had enjoyed your time with us more. Thank you for staying with us.

580 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I am from Virginia Beach, and know the area well. I stayed at The Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center October 5-7th, 2012 for my cousin's wedding. First they did not have our reservation group, although it was booked months in advance. I don't mind paying $150 a night for a decent hotel, but these rooms are so outdated and smell like an elderly person's attic. The beds are right as you walk in the door of the suite, which is odd placement. The microwave looks like an easy-bake oven from 1980! My 14 year old daughter said, "What is that?" The mini fridge didn't keep drinks cold, the shower in my friends room had no hot water, my bath tub didn't drain so I had to stand in filthy water as I got ready for the wedding. We booked a conference room to hang out in after the wedding, and it smelled like an old moldy, dusty, garage. Everything looks so outdated and cheap. We ate at the restaurant which had flies inside, and the food was overpriced and fair. The room service presentation and taste was like "hospital food" as my daughter accurately described it. There is no free internet. Very poor value for the cost, needs total renovation or to cut prices in half. We were supposedly getting a group rate for the wedding, but a friend booked the day of and got the same rate $150 a night in off-season. What a rip-off.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We hope that you had an enjoyable time at your cousin’s wedding while back in the Virginia Beach area. Guest feedback is important to us and we are sorry that you did not find our resort acceptable during your stay. We’ll be sure to review your comments with our staff and thank you for staying with us.
va beach, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I frequent this hotel quite often. I have several friends from out of town who love to stay here. Spacious rooms, wonderful view of the bay, Clean pool area. Restaraunt is very good food. I spend most of the summer here at the hotel. The beach is not over crowded. Have seen lots of beautiful weddings right on the beach. My family and friends only want to stay at this resort when they visit when they have other places to choose from. Grocery store right across the street. Comfy beds & clean rooms. Friendly staff. I reccommend VBRH to everyone I know. Try it, you'll see!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
staceypatrick, General Manager at Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thanks so much for continually visiting and recommending our hotel to your friends and family. Living so close to our resort we’re sure you are familiar with our location, great sunsets on the beach and awesome amenities to keep everyone entertained. We thank you for the wonderful review score and look forward to seeing and your friends again soon! Keep in touch with us at: Facebook.com/vbresorthotel
Southern Pines, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I would give this hotel 4 circles if it wasn't so loud and the hot water wasn't unpredictable ! I stayed in 722 this weekend, which is a bayfront with 2 double beds. The beds themselves are comfortable, decent mattress and the newer, white duvet cover linens. My room had new flat screen tvs in the living area and the bed area, but my friends on the fifth floor had older tvs, so probably just depends! The place was very clean, and considering it's age housekeeping is working hard. Hot water was iffy in the shower. The noise- rooms are designed so that as you enter the room you basically run into the beds, then you pass the bathroom/sink area, then the living area with balcony. This wouldn't have bothered me if the noise from the hall wasn't so bad. They are a very busy conference center, and there was a large wedding party having a great time until about 3 AM, which is fine with me except they kept coming up and down the elevator near my door, and every sound/word was easy to hear. They do have security patrolling and trying to keep it quiet, but the age of the building and thinness of the walls makes it noisy. It felt very safe as well, I was traveling as a woman alone and had no concerns walking around at night or day. The food was quite good, we ate in the restaurant one night and the she crab soup and spinach and gorgonzola salad were both fresh and tasty. My one friend is vegan and they had a dish she really liked, and they made something not even on the menu for another friend that she said was great. ATT wifi was 9.95/day and super slow.
Overall great service, friendly atmosphere, good food, and very clean in the pluses. Loud, old, and iffy hot water in the minuses. Not sure it would be my first choice if I came to Va Beach again, but I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
staceypatrick, General Manager at Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We appreciate you staying at our hotel on the bay and also for your valuable feedback. We’ll be sure to research your remarks and discuss them with our staff and do hope you had a wonderful time while in the Virginia Beach area.
Middletown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stay at VBRHCC each time I travel to VA Beach (1-2 times per year) and am thoroughly satisfied with the accommodations. When we stay, we always receive a room on the bay side which is lovely. The service staff is always friendly and willing to accomodate our requests. The suites are large and the mattress is comfortable. We have eaten at Tradewinds for breakfast and the outdoor bar/lunch menu and both were delicious. The pool and bay beach access are fabulous. This year, we tried paddleboarding and the staff was very helpful instructing us "first timers" . One disadvantage is that the hotel is rather dated and is noisy. To limit outer noise, I suggest requesting a corner room and one that is far away from the elevators.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for being a loyal customer and returning back recently to stay with us. We are thrilled that you had a nice time with your family and enjoyed the water sports directly behind our hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you next time! Facebook.com/vbresorthotel
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Several friends of mine attended a "lively, festive" Halloween Party in the Sunset room overlooking the beautiful Chesapeake Bay replete with a great band and costumed revelers. After we were warmly greeted by the front desk staff, the attentive banquet staff ensured timely drink and food orders were filled to everyones delight! A great time was had by all and we eagerly look forward to next years celebration! Great job VBRHCC!

Room Tip: The Sunset Room has the best view on the Chesapeake Bay!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We enjoyed hosting the event for your group and are glad to see that you all had such a wonderful time. Thank you for expressing your nice comments about our staff and service and do hope that you will come back and see us again. Feel free to stay in touch at: Facebook.com/vbresorthotel
Meckenheim, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The entire Hotel seems to be very old. The service is very good. Main problem is the noise level. There is no free internet in the rooms available. The charge is 9.99 $. The chairs and the table on the balcony were dirty.

Room Tip: Stay away from the space in front of the elevators. The air vents and the vending machines are very...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
staceypatrick, General Manager at Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Your feedback is important to us and we thank you for staying at our resort on the bay. We’re glad that our staff was accommodating while you were here and do hope you had a nice time while in the Virginia Beach area.

Been to Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!