I would give this hotel 4 circles if it wasn't so loud and the hot water wasn't unpredictable ! I stayed in 722 this weekend, which is a bayfront with 2 double beds. The beds themselves are comfortable, decent mattress and the newer, white duvet cover linens. My room had new flat screen tvs in the living area and the bed area, but my friends on the fifth floor had older tvs, so probably just depends! The place was very clean, and considering it's age housekeeping is working hard. Hot water was iffy in the shower. The noise- rooms are designed so that as you enter the room you basically run into the beds, then you pass the bathroom/sink area, then the living area with balcony. This wouldn't have bothered me if the noise from the hall wasn't so bad. They are a very busy conference center, and there was a large wedding party having a great time until about 3 AM, which is fine with me except they kept coming up and down the elevator near my door, and every sound/word was easy to hear. They do have security patrolling and trying to keep it quiet, but the age of the building and thinness of the walls makes it noisy. It felt very safe as well, I was traveling as a woman alone and had no concerns walking around at night or day. The food was quite good, we ate in the restaurant one night and the she crab soup and spinach and gorgonzola salad were both fresh and tasty. My one friend is vegan and they had a dish she really liked, and they made something not even on the menu for another friend that she said was great. ATT wifi was 9.95/day and super slow.
Overall great service, friendly atmosphere, good food, and very clean in the pluses. Loud, old, and iffy hot water in the minuses. Not sure it would be my first choice if I came to Va Beach again, but I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Cente offers a secluded beach for guest use only, plus a year-round indoor pool, seasonal outdoor pool, spa tub, fitness center, and complimentary tennis at the Virginia Beach Tennis Club. THere is a Restaurant and Lounge offering wonderful food selections.This ALL SUITES Resort guestrooms have balconies with a view of the beach and bay, plus a separate living area with sofa bed. Suites include 2 TVs, and kitchenettes include microwaves, refrigerators, and coffeemakers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virginia Beach Resort Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Hotel
- Virginia Beach Resort Conference Center