“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Check in was quick and friendly thanks to Jas. The room was clean and in good repair. The location is also excellent being close to 64. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in the area and recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Clean appearance outside. Rooms were clean and good smelling. No musty, smokey smell. Room appeared to have been remodeled recently. Pool was closed and I was told it was because of high ph. Refrigerator made a loud humming noise so I had to unplug so I could sleep. No coffeemaker in the room. Dennys and 7-11 with in short walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Dirty bedding, rude staff and no wifi (they never told us of the wifi issue when we checked in, we discovered it after spending 45 minutes on with tech support trying to get our devices to connect). The people who work the desk at night are rude, unhelpful and speak very limited english to the point of creating a serious communication barrier. Spend the extra $$ and book in the Holiday Inn or Courtyard that are right next door. I will never stay here again and have warned all of my friends and family to stay away.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
RRI-93, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for WIFI not working and customer service concerns. At Red Roof Virginia Beach, we strive to provide superior service to every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please contact me directly as I will be happy to look into your concern and will try to resolve it. We appreciate your sharing your concerns and I will be looking forward to hear from you.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I absolutely agree with Zfdji's comments. The rooms, although renovated, are dirty. The bedspread was stained badly with what looked like body fluids (it was laundered though). The walls are thin so the people next door kept us awake until 230AM although i do not think they meant too nor were aware of it - a little sound insulation would have gone a long way. Not worth $70 per night for an "Interstate" motel room.

Room Tip: Spend double the price and get a good night sleep in a clean hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Let me start by apologizing for the experience you had while staying with and thank you for your feedback. My staff and I try very hard to ensure that all of our guests enjoy their stay and I’m very sorry that you did not experience this while with us; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Ridgefield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I spent six nights in this room at the beginning of June on our trip to virginia beach. The newly renovated rooms were nice, especially with the hard wood floors. Truth be told, we had no problems during our stay. However, there were a few setbacks.
1-the pictures of the room were very misleading. They are much smaller and darker.
2-the pool is tiny. It's big enough for three or four people to swim in comfortable. They advertised it to be so much bigger
3-no elevators to the second floor (which we were on)
4-the smell of mold and cigarettes was a little annoying.
5-the bath faucet looked like it was ready to fall out
6-bathroom was tiny. Impossible to change in there if you plan on showering
7-mattress was okay, but the pillows felt like rocks.

Now, I gave this hotel four stars, because it was overall a nice stay. The room attendants were nice and refreshed our towels and such (tip: do not make your bed if you want your room to be serviced. If you make your bed, they assume it has already been done). We stayed in a superior king room, which was nice. It had a large TV, office space, in-room coffee (bring your own mugs, the ones they provided didn't have functioning lids), and a large bed. The free wifi and AC was super convenient too.
I would stay here if you're looking to vacation on a budget, but still expect something nice (but not extravagant).

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
I am happy to know that you had a great experience staying at our newly renovated Inn. Thank you for a great feedback and giving us 4 star review. Our team will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Virginia Beach.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Although the decor has been updated, the room's age showed. There was an ancient smoky smell to the non-smoking room we stayed in. The door to the outside had a small gap as well as about a 2 inch hole in the baseboard.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
At Red Roof, we strive to provide superior service to every customer; I truly appreciate for you your feedback. We always encourage our guest to let us know if they have any concern during their stay so that we can address it ASAP. It is our goal is to make sure all our guests enjoy their stay and leave happy. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Stockton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I booked this hotel for $50 as I just needed a place to rest my head near Norfolk Airport before continuing on to OBX. While the exterior is dated, the rooms have all been updated with laminate flooring, flat screen tvs, and comfortable mattresses. Customer service is also very good as the front desk hung on to my group's luggage for a few hours after check-out while we grabbed lunch. While the hotel isn't located in the most vibrant area, it's a great value for a quick overnight stay near airport.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
I am happy to know that you had a great experience staying at our newly renovated hotel. We truly appreciate for your positive feedback. Thank You for giving us 5 Stars review as this means a lot to my staff. We hope to see you on your next visit to our area.

Irfan Faruqi

Been to Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!