“Nice and Quiet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport

You added Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5745 Northampton Blvd, I-64 at US 13, Exit #282, Virginia Beach, VA 23455 (Northwest Virginia Beach)   |
Ranked #33 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Norfolk, Virginia
“Nice and Quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

As i check-in you are welcomed by the Front Desk Clerk and Owner i read a other review he speaks good of English to me, check-in time was no problem quick an fast. Going to my room Housekeeping welcomes you also, asking to u can they help you or need anything extra. I stay here from time to time the parking lots and area is very quiet not alot of traffic going on, very pleased with the rooms if so i wouldn't come here at all, I HATE A NASTY ROOM!!!! but always pleased, pet friendly. I had a problem with the room phone the houseman came right away overall i come back again...... Raquell

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
we will like to thank you for a wonderful response and we are very delighted that you enjoy staying with us and we hope to see you again soon,again thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I had a Fantastic Experience at Red Roof Inn Norfolk Airport Virginia Beach.
The Front Desk checked me in in 2 minutes, they were all very polite and made me feel very welcome. The rooms are clean and well maintained. Good Water pressure in the shower and the refrigerator, microwave were very convenient. The beds are super comfy. Das at the front desk offered me extra pillows. The housekeeping staff were very prompt in getting me clean towels each morning. The hotel managers are very helpful.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Some face the pool and have a good view of the area. The rooms on the back ar...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful response and we hope to see you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

KnowIt was the best place for me to be. I was safe and were I need to be. I would tell my friends and family about the hotel. The rooms are clean big couldn't ask for anything better. I don't know what else I can say.

• Stayed December 2012
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you so very much for your response and we are so glad that we was able to make your stay comfortable.We will look forward to see you again in the future.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

On a weekend trip to surf in Cape Hatteras, NC, we reserved a room at the Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport Red Roof Inn (#567). Arriving at 10:30 PM after a 9 hour drive from NY, this location was very convenient. Previously reserved a room w/my Preferred Member RediCard taking advantage of a free room promotional I recently received. Was provided the "last available room" and directed to the building furthest from the front desk. With only 3 cars parked on our side of the building, we wondered if the other guests were dining out or hadn't arrived yet so we doubted whether we had received the "last available room". Unpacked our boards, bags, placed our food in the refridgerator and showered, looking forward to a good night's sleep before reaching our destination the next morning. Turning down the bedspread revealed dirty, wrinkled sheets w/hair from the previous occupant(s) and filthy pillowcases! Called the front desk and received a return call from a manager 15 minutes later offering a different room - so much for the "last available room". By this time, we grabbed our sleeping bags and travel pillows from the van which we preferred to use instead of re-loading boards,bags and food to move to a different room.

Checking out the next morning, I left a message w/the front desk requesting the manager contact me to discuss our disappointment but never received a call.

Upon returning to NY, I contacted RediCard's Guest Services and was told I'd receive a reply within 5 days. Not receiving a reply within that timeframe, I called again and was told that the Virginai Beach property manager had stated (not to me) that the issue would be addressed with housekeeping.

Unfortunately, I feel that management at this location shunted us off to a little used or "short stay" room since I utilized the free room promotional. Poor oversight/management and a location I'll be sure to avoid at all costs in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
we are sorry that your stay was not comfortable but thank you for letting us know, and we will improve on our housekeeping issues.
KIN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This accommodation was affordable, basic and adequate for an overnight stay. The room was clean, bathroom was also clean, the bed was basic. The grounds appeared to be well kept. The property was relatively large with no assistance with luggage and being given a room almost a block away from the front desk was therefore inconvenient considering the need to transfer accompanying luggage. The surrounding area seemed intimidating at night. I would therefore recommend a second floor room and company if you're a woman (however there is no elevator so muscle up). The front desk staff was a bit firm and cold but later on warmed up and turned out to be responsive and very helpful (so don't be misled by initial interaction). You get exactly what you pay for I believe.

Room Tip: Please avoid the ground floor and away from the roadside. However there are no elevators regarding a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your response.
Bournemouth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Pretty much everything was average. The price was OK, everything in the room worked. A lot of TV channels. It is looking dated but everything was clean. Could have used extra pillows and I have to agree with previous posters that you need to bring your own shampoo and the towels are small and like sandpaper.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for the survey and we will work on the linen to better serve you.
Martinez, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I guess I should not have been surprised at the high price. Anytime a motel is around a military base or air port the prices are always jacked up. We took a smoking room in order to get a king and having BEEN a smoker these rooms have never bothered me. The minute we opened the door to this room the odor was strong enough to knock you over. The motel management had obviously never spent a dime on air freshener. We went to the grocery store and bought a can of Lysol. In a few minutes you would not have known that this was a smoking room. All hotels I have stayed in before and had to get a smoking room at least used a good air deodorizer.. If you do not have your own shampoo make sure you ask for more when you check in. The little tiny bottles in the room are not enough for one person. Glad we had our own as the little bottles were not enough for my wife. Desk clerk says they just put out what the company sends them. Time for the manager to grow a pair about needs and how to clean a room. Very small TV out of the 70's. The very small towels are like sandpaper and aside from being too small a little fabric softener could go a long way. Over all Maximum prices for minimal service.

Room Tip: In most cases forget parking close to your room. We had to park half a building away each time whic...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your response.We are sorry that we didnot satisfy your expectations.Next time please give us chance to correct the problem.

Been to Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!