“Nice Location, great ocean view, will stay again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2607 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 115 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Newark, Delaware
“Nice Location, great ocean view, will stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed at 5th floor of this hotel and all rooms have great ocean view. You get down to the first floor and walk right out to board walk/beach.

Rooms, bathrooms all were very neat and clean, coffee in room and lobby , free breakfast, good staff.

Plenty of restaurants nearby/walking distance to eat.

Overall, great place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms at all floors are ocean front, so you can choose the floor you like.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Genius4,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for the nice review you posted. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that your oceanfront room met your needs. We are right on the boardwalk, and very close to the water's edge.

There are many attractions and good restaurants close by, no need to use your car while you are here.

I hope that you will come back soon and stay with us again. Thank you again for your business.

Doug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Circleville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We arrived from Ohio at 4, check in time, with toddler. Told room was not ready. Walked on the boardwalk, until called to check in. Room was ready about 1 1/2 hrs later. We were inconvenienced but figured we were going to walk the beach after we dropped luggage in room so it didnt really matter. The desk staff was warm and friendly offering to call us on our phone when room became avaliable. Once we arrived in our room, the furniture was dusty, the down comfort was stained and hidden with a sheet. We didn't find it til check out so it was never brought to anyones attention. Just grossed us out. Obvious urine stain. Parking was inadequate. If youre lucky enough to get a spot in the hotel spaces, dont leave. It was in a good location. Front desk was friendly. Housekeeping staff sucked. It was ok but I couldve got the same results a lot cheaper. Expected more for the price.

Dear Cin043,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for posting your review. I am sorry that you were not happy with your room during your visit to the hotel. We try to ensure that every guest has a great experience with us, and clearly we failed to provide that to you. I am very sorry.

Please contact me directly at the hotel, I would like to get more detail from you and do what I can to make you a satisfied guest.

Thank you again, and I look forward to speaking with you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We arrived on the 19th about 2pm and the rooms weren't ready. That was fine since check in was 4 we went to get lunch. We came back about 330 and both rooms were ready. The hotel is in a great spot on the ocean near everything. The elevator can be slow at times due to no service elevator, no fault of the staff. All rooms have balcony overlooking the ocean. There were two chairs but at times we really could have used a small table. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. The carpets are starting to look ruff and should be replaced soon. There was a refrigerator in the rooms and ice machine in the hall. We didn't use the pool or fitness room. We used the washer dryer once but had to wait due to there only one but it was a plus having one in the hotel. The free breakfast was very good and saved us a lot of money. There was healthy options available along with the usual eggs bacon pancakes bagels etc. The staff especially Jimmy, Cherell and Melonie, sorry if I messed up the names, we're great. They were always friendly and helpful. We definitely will stay here again if we return . I woukd give 4.5 stars if allowed but just can't do 5 due to minor issues.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear cjo269,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your great review of the hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you and your group had a great time here. It sounds like we exceeded your expectations for this stay, and thank you for mentioning several of the Team here.

I am glad that you appreciated the Express Start Breakfast, it is a great, free way to start your day.

We look forward to your return visit with us, it will be a great summer at the beach.

Tire Hill, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Good stuff here. Upon arrival, our room was not ready (around 12 noon) and we were told it would be around 4 pm until something would be. We left a number and were called within 30 minutes that they had something for us (bonus points for early check-in!). The parking was ample, the location GREAT, the ocean view perfect. Everything about this hotel worked for us; we did have an issue that was immediately taken care of to our satisfaction by the manager on duty. The breakfast was mediocre, but it worked for us, too (bonus points for offering healthier options like turkey sausage every day). Staff was always very nice and helpful. This is my third stay in Virginia Beach and as long as this hotel is available it will be our choice. The indoor pool could be nicer and we prefer a hotel with a restaurant/lounge on site, but neither of these things would change our decision to stay here again. This place rocks.

Room Tip: We were in 615 - loved it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear BillieGirl20,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the great 5 Star Review. I am glad to read all of your nice comments, and will be sure to share them with the Team here. We all work hard to ensure that all of our guests have a great experience, and I am glad that we succeeded with your family.

Again, I thank you for your comments, and hope that you will come back soon.

Maxton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

ms. frances was outstanding and we were very pleased with our stay during June 10-15. Will be coming back to visit with the entire family for the weekend of July 4th. So glad that we moved from the other hotel that we had originally.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Vanessa,

Thank you for staying with us, and thanks for your very nice review.

I am so happy to hear that you will return for the July 4th weekend, and we will do our best to ensure that you have the same great time.

Thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Neither my mother nor I had ever been to Virginia Beach. I can't imagine staying at a better hotel in a better location than the Holiday Inn Express - Oceanside. Every room has a balcony with a view of the ocean. There is ample parking, and the location is within walking distance of dining and shopping establishments. Our 10th floor room was perfect! The room was clean, and the desk staff and housekeeping staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I will always stay here when I'm in Virginia Beach!

Room Tip: ALL rooms have a great view, but upper floor rooms get less noise from traffic along the bike and wa...
Dear WSW64,

Thank you for staying with us, and thanks for your great 5 Star Review. I appreciate your kind words and description of the hotel.

We are centrally located on the oceanfront and there are plenty of things to do within easy walking distance of the hotel. Sitting on your private balcony watching the beach and ships in the ocean is pretty special as well.

Thank you again, and we can't wait to host you the next time you come to Virginia Beach.

Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I arrived at the Holiday Inn Express @ about 4:30 to be told that there was no room available for me to check into. I had taken all of my luggage out of my car and walked inside before realizing this. I would expect like most hotels they would have offered to check my bags while I wait for my room but no such luck...I had to take everything back to my car and put it back in the trunk. My friend and I took off on foot and perused the boardwalk for about 2 hours and then returned to check in to our room. Yep you guessed....again the room was not available. I asked the front desk person to please let me know when I could get in my room and between her and housekeeping it could not be figured out. Again I left and went to kill more time and finally received a call at 7:16 saying my room was ready. I returned to the hotel to check in after I finished eating at about 8:15 and with the lack of concern for the length of delay I asked to be moved to another property. The night was much better after changing properties. I typically don't stay at Holiday Inn and now I guess I know why. Back to Marriott properties for me. I travel a good bit for work/personal and this is definitely the worst experience I have endured at a hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear RJ,

Thank you for posting your review. As you know, you and I have been in discussion over several days regarding this incident. Clearly the hotel is at fault, and I apologize for the inconvenience you suffered.

I have made compensation to you for the problems. Once again, I am sorry that this happened to you.

Doug

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!