Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mississauga, Canada
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights and had a comfortable stay. Wonderful view of the beach. Had to turn on the heating because the weather was cold and it worked perfectly. All staff were friendly and helpful and eager to help. Breakfast is included in the rate - good selection and items were constantly being replenished by staff.
Beds were comfortable and bathrooms very clean. Free wifi in the room was appreciated as the weather was cool and windy and we spent quite a lot of time in our room.

• Stayed May 2013
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your favorable review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that the Team here was able to take care of you. The weather has been unusual this spring, but I hope that the warm weather is here to stay.

We do have a great location right on the beach, and every room includes a private deck with a full ocean view. The sun rising over the ocean is a beautiful sight, no matter how many times you have seen it.

I hope that you will return and stay with us again, we would love to have you back. Thank you again

Doug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We came as part of a nationals cheer and dance competition. We made our reservations through a travel agent who messed up our reservations. It was an extremely busy day considering that there were over 600 cheer and dance teams and a soccer tournament going on in the area. Well, Meagan came to our rescue!!! She fixed all of our problems and made our stay perfect. And to top it off, she was nice and sweet!!!
The hotel was immaculately clean! A fabulous ocean view room on the 10th floor was perfect for my daughter and I to share. All of the dancers had a great time and all of the rooms were spic and span clean!
Between the fabulously friendly, helpful and life-saving Meagan and the cleanliness of the hotel, our group of thirty parents and teens could not have asked for a better place to stay for our competition weekend!
Our family will be back for a vacation on our own!!!!!
Thanks Meagan!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean, so you can't have a bad room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us, and thanks for your terrific review. Meagan works very hard to ensure that all of our guests are taken care of, and I am glad to know that she was able to rescue your weekend. It was a very busy weekend, but the families here were a pleasure to have with us.

We look forward to your return visit, and be sure to let Meagan know of your plans and we will make sure that you have another great time here.

Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is an extremely clean and well-run hotel with friendly, professional, hard-working staff. Check in was fast and friendly, the room was very clean and looked like it had been updated recently. Very comfortable bed with soft, quality linens and lots of pillows. The best part about staying at the oceanfront is the fantastic view and this is the first oceanfront property I've stayed at where I didn't have to clean the sliding glass door and window (which I expect to do and I actually pack Windex wipes for this purpose but didn't need them here). The breakfast area (hours are 6:30 to 9:30 every day) was attended to by staff constantly and was always well-stocked and clean. I sure do love those cinnamon rolls!! The weather changed from warm/muggy to cold/rainy, then back during my stay so I needed the AC and the heat and both worked great with no noises, rattles, or clunks at all. The overflow parking lots are not very far away at all and since my visit was pre-season I didn't have to use them anyway. I can't think of a single thing that was less than excellent about this stay, and that is very rare. Normally this hotel is out of my price range but I got a great pre-season sale price and am very glad that I got a chance to enjoy my week at the beach here.

Room Tip: Higher floor = better view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for visiting with us, and thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear that we met all of your expectations and provided you and your companions with a great stay. That is our goal for every guest, and it is great to hear that we succeeded. I will be sure that the Team here knows about your comments.

I am glad that you were able to take advantage of one of our special rate offers. We do have many great rate packages available in the shoulder seasons, and occasionally during the summer.

Thank you again for your comments, and I hope that you will return soon.

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have to ask 2 times to clean the window door and the result was less than acceptable. We chosed that hotel for the beach view and the door was dirty for a large part of our stay there. The morning buffet was OK during the week-end but there was a minimum of items during the week.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and please accept my apologies that your glass door was not cleaned properly. It certainly should have been cleaned before you checked in, and we then did not clean it after the first time you requested it.

Please accept my sincere apologies, and know that I will use this as a teaching tool for the team here. Thank you again, and I am sorry that we did not give you the experience you expected.

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel was perfect! The staff was exceptional and very friendly and helpful. The General Manager even assisted with ideas of places to see while here at the beach. It was a true family of hospitality that made the stay so much more than the normal hotel stay. The hotel offers wonderful amenities, nice and clean and the suite was beautiful. The breakfast was so delicious as was the coffee! This is the hotel for anyone looking to truly relax, take walks on the beach, convenient to everything you want to do at the beach. You know you have to check out and go back to reality but you dont want to. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for posting a review. I am glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and that the team here helped you to enjoy your visit.

The beach in the shoulder months is beautiful and not crowded, I am glad that you had a chance to relax here. I hope that you will come back and visit again soon, and I thank you for your business.

Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at the HI Express Oceanfront at the tail end of Spring Break (for another event). The hotel sits right on the boardwalk - a fantastic location to get right out on the beach - and on the upper end of Atlantic Ave. The room rate was okay, though I felt a touch expensive for a three-star property with minimal amenities. This may have been a function of it being the tail end of Spring Break, or not, tough to say. That said, there are several hotels in the area that charge more for less, as well as those that charge less. Given the number of hotels in the area, definitely shop around. We had a King room with an ocean view on the 9th floor. The view was spectacular. The room was okay. Most of it had been renewed fairly recently, with the exception of the carpet which could have used a good cleaning and the bathroom which was a bit gray and grungy (one of the towels appeared to have an old blood stain on it as well). Nice to have a small fridge and coffeemaker in the room, though we were only given decaf coffee. Bed was really hard though. The first night was surprisingly quiet given the number of people in the hotel (and judging by the number of people at breakfast the next morning, there were a lot). The second night was less so with my husband being woken up at 4:30 by loud TV watching next door. Across the board, the staff were very nice even in the face of the aforementioned breakfast crowds. Wi-fi was good for the most part, but kept kicking us out and forcing us to re-enter our credentials. The indoor pool was on the small side (and infested with kids) and the Jacuzzi was broken. Breakfast was decent - nothing spectacular, but filling and on both days had something my non-Pork-eating husband could eat. Do try the automatic pancake machine at breakfast. What a hoot to have a machine that looks like a printer pop out two decent pancakes in just a few minutes!

Room Tip: Any of the oceanfront rooms will give you a great view. The higher floors will put you above some o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us last week, I appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Overall it sounds like you enjoyed your stay, but you did give me a few things to work on, and I am sorry that we did not completely satisfy you and your group.

It was a very busy weekend, and I am sorry if your sleep was disturbed by others. Please be sure to let us know (or any other hotel) and we will take care of the noise right away. We want all of our guests to enjoy their visit with us.

I hope that you will return here again, we will have our exclusive Pancake Machine ready for your next trip.

Springfield, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel is situated almost in the middle of the 3 mile boardwalk. Before and after the season they always offer good deals. We've been here a few times. I don't like the pool, because of its location right behind the reception area and next to the elevators. Everybody has to pass by it and it is always packed with kids. So I have never had the urge to use it. Also the hotel has only 2 elevators which are shared by house keeping and guests. That can get crowded and unpleasant. I really liked the mattress and the pillows which are marked firm, medium and soft. LCD TV in the room! The bathroom sink was pretty but not so the tub. I still can't figure why there is no hand held shower head in any hotel in the U.S., house keeping would appreciate this just as much as the guests, I'm sure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us, and I hope that you are a member of the IHG Priority Club if you stay with us often. You can earn free nights at thousands of hotels around the world. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of the hotel. I am sorry that you don't like the pool, but we also have the Atlantic Ocean right outside the door.

All of our bathtubs will be resurfaced before the end of May, I know that a few of them are showing their age. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by that. We do have hand held showers in a few of our rooms, but the majority do not. Ask about one the next visit and we can probably get you into one of those rooms.

Thank you again, and I hope to see you back here soon.

Doug

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!