You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
Springfield, VA
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel is situated almost in the middle of the 3 mile boardwalk. Before and after the season they always offer good deals. We've been here a few times. I don't like the pool, because of its location right behind the reception area and next to the elevators. Everybody has to pass by it and it is always packed with kids. So I have never had the urge to use it. Also the hotel has only 2 elevators which are shared by house keeping and guests. That can get crowded and unpleasant. I really liked the mattress and the pillows which are marked firm, medium and soft. LCD TV in the room! The bathroom sink was pretty but not so the tub. I still can't figure why there is no hand held shower head in any hotel in the U.S., house keeping would appreciate this just as much as the guests, I'm sure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and I hope that you are a member of the IHG Priority Club if you stay with us often. You can earn free nights at thousands of hotels around the world. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of the hotel. I am sorry that you don't like the pool, but we also have the Atlantic Ocean right outside the door.

All of our bathtubs will be resurfaced before the end of May, I know that a few of them are showing their age. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by that. We do have hand held showers in a few of our rooms, but the majority do not. Ask about one the next visit and we can probably get you into one of those rooms.

Thank you again, and I hope to see you back here soon.

Doug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Spent just 1 night here during a trip through Va. Hotel has a great location, as do many others in the area, right on the beach, dont have to cross the highway to get to the beach, just exit the lobby and your on the boardwalk and beach. Large wide beach in front of hotel. Many restaurants in the area as well, many within walking distance altough you will likely want a car to drive to different sites. Rooms were a bit dated, but clean and tidy. Bed and linens were comfortable providing a good nights sleep. Front desk staff were efficient and recognized our Priority Club membership with a lil gift of bottled water and cookies. Parking is self park. Parking area directly in front of hotel is small but close adjacent parking lots for this hotel exist as well.

Room Tip: Book early, but check rates often for best rate. We modified our reservation 2X as we neared our dat...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and thanks for posting a good review. I am happy to know that we met your needs, and that you enjoyed your stay. The ocean view is great, and the City has just finished a massive beach renourishment, making the beach much wider and adding lots of sand.

We love taking care of our valued Priority Club members, and I hope that you will return and stay with us again.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I went here on a much needed weekend get away and it was awesome. We were given a beautiful room overlooking the ocean. Clean and efficient. There were even horses in a make shift coral on the beach, which we were able to see from our room. You can take horse rides that you could take there. The breakfast was delicious and plenty of. The staff there were very friendly. Especially Tricia at the front desk. Thank you for a relaxing weekend Holiday Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for posting a review. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with your stay All of our rooms have a full ocean view with private balcony.

I hope that you will come back to visit again soon. Spring is (finally) here and we are ready for your next visit.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay here for the weekend after getting a great rate on travelzoo. The room is nice, clean and updated. The view was spectacular. I used the gym which was small but sufficient. Thank you for being accessible 24/7. The continental breakfast left something to be desired. Wouldn't feel too bad about skipping it and sleeping in instead. My only major complaint was that housekeeping skipped our room to service. Didn't return to the room after being gone all day until late; so was too tired to call them and bother.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and I am glad that you found that great rate on TravelZoo. That rate will be open until April 10, with stays until the end of May. I hope that you will try us again.

I am sorry to hear that we did not clean your room for you. We always have someone available until 11 PM, so we would have been happy to bring you what you need. Please accept my apologies, and I hope that you will try us again. We certainly try to clean every room every day and I am sorry that yours was skipped.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We only stayed one night. Love it. We stayed in a two room suite. Beds and pillows were great. Great ocean view. Loved breakfast too. The indoor pool is small but I assume if you stay during the summer you wont be inside.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay here, and I am glad to hear that you loved your experience with us. I appreciate you posting the great review here, and I hope that you will come stay with us again.

The weather is warming, the City has just completed a massive beach widening project, and we are ready for the summer.

Thank you again, and I hope to see you soon.

Chantilly, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We visited the hotel during my daughter's spring break. It has been unusually cold in late March. It snowed in Williamsburg just 60 miles away and the beach had its due share of cold wind and rain. Naturally the hotel was well below its capacity, and we did not face any issues with parking, paltry breakfast, wait at the elevator or noise at midnight as found in many reviews here. Everything worked smoothly except for one snoopy security who demanded to see my ID as I was watching TV in the lobby all alone around 10:30 pm. She charged back again after 10 minutes! It is a small place and they got to know their guests by face on the second night, particularly when the guests are in short supply!

Room Tip: The hotel rooms are all oceanfront as I have seen. High floors may be great. If you are looking for...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, but I do apologize for the Security Officer being a little over zealous. I will try to ensure that the officers remain professional and courteous while still protecting the hotel and our guests.

The weather here has been difficult, but I think that the warm weather is on the way. Thanks again for your review, and I hope that you will come and stay with us again.

dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Staff could not have been nicer and more accommodating. It was CLEAN, neat and they took very good care of us. We came in for the weekend to run The Shamrock Race and this hotel was perfect for us. Coffee that was hot & really good in the lobby. Food was ok but the service was terrific. Beds were VERY comfortable and warm. Pool could be a bit warmer. This was a great bang for your buck!

Room Tip: convenient to everything and on the quieter side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerHIExp, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate the positive feedback you gave us. We take pride in providing excellent service and I am very happy to hear that we did that for you. I hope you come back and stay with us in the future.