“Excellent oceanfront hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ashland Ohio
“Excellent oceanfront hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were here early in December for the "Holiday Lights at the Beach". We stayed 3 nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very nice and clean. All rooms are oceanfront. We had people in the next room on Sun. night and could hear them talking, so am wondering if it were during busy season, it could get noisy. The indoor pool was nice, hot tub was very HOT! Could only stay in it maybe 10 min or so. Breakfast was normal fare for Holiday Inn. Overall, we enjoyed our stay here for the time of year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for the nice review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Holiday light show is quite a spectacle, and I am glad that you came to see it.

I am sorry if the people next door disturbed you, feel free to call the front desk at any hotel and we will be glad to deal with the problem.

I hope that you will come back and stay with us again and thanks for your business.

Doug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed overnight with my son for a birthday. The staff, in particular, Meagan was extremely helpful and courteous. We had to change rooms and I'm used to this being a visible burden to other hotel staff, but she was very kind and was clear that she wanted to ensure that our stay was enjoyable. Her personal attention and kindness bring great credit to the hotel staff.
The view is incredible and the rooms are comfortable, clean, and very much worth the price. I'm looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your nice comments about the Team here. We all want to ensure that every guest has a great experience at the beach, and I am glad that we were able to meet your needs.

I hope that you and your family will return again soon, we look forward to that. Thank you again, we appreciate your business.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 11 days in early December while in town on business. The staff was warm and friendly. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. The view of the beach and ocean were fantastic. The location is walking distance to several good restaurants as well. The price was so reasonable. The only negative I could mention would be a better ironing board in the room. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us for an extended visit. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here on the beach. It is beautiful any time of year, and now we are not as crowded so the restaurants are ready to seat you right away.

I apologize for the ironing board, we will take care of that for the next guest, and I hope that you will come back and stay with us again.

Thank you for your business.

Doug
Centreville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Really can't beat the location of the hotel. Right on the boardwalk with all rooms facing the ocean, the view is fantastic.It's also close to some restaurants and shopping (including a WalGreens). This is a no frills hotel. Plain lobby area that doubles as a breakfast area is about all there is besides the small pool/hot tub. The rooms are a good size and the beds are fine. The rooms have a fridge (it froze our sandwich) and a small coffee maker and a flat screen TV (with inputs for a game system or video camera). Wireless internet was poor. Streaming video was near impossible with the connection we had (even with excellent signal). During the summer (we were there in December) this will be a great place, although parking was difficult while we were there - I would expect it to be impossible in the summer. The free breakfast was good but the selection was limited. Expect a noisy AC/heat unit. The staff was friendly and for a decent rate, we would consider staying there in the summer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for staying with us recently, and thank you for your kind review. It is an amazing view here, and every room has that same view, each with a private balcony. The sights and sounds of the ocean can be very soothing, and we enjoy watching dolphins near the shore almost every morning at sunrise. I will check out our internet service, normally it is satisfactory. I am sorry that you could not do the things that you wanted to

I hope that you will return soon, prices are great now, the area is not crowded and the beach is beautiful. Thank you again.
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had 3 Oceanfront rooms for a family vacation over the Thanksgiving holidays... AMAZING views... direct oceanfront... even the 'breakfast room' has AMAZING oceanfront views, and a lovely outside dining deck that is oceanfront- for warmer weather dining!

They also had a nice pool/hot tub... I brought our youngest two daughters to the pool one evening, and they were delighted to have the ENTIRE pool to themselves!! :-)

They could punch up their breakfast during the week- but the weekend breafast was better, in our opinion! Maybe offer more 'healthy choices'... but if pancakes, biscuits and gravy, bagels, muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage/bacon sound like something your family could 'get by on' then THIS is YOUR kinda breakfast!! :-)

We got a GREAT deal on the rooms... pay in advance, and you'll pay about a THIRD of the going rate on arrival!! FABULOUS deal!!

We would stay here again-especially if we got the same amazing rate!! Great deal for oceanfront rooms, with two QUEEN size beds each! :-)

Room Tip: Buy in advance and SAVE BIG on rooms!!! We only paid about 1/3 of the going rate by doing this...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for the nice review. I am glad that you and your family were able to enjoy your holiday with us. It is great that you found a cheaper rate online, HolidayInn.com always has the cheapest available rates, and some of the advance purchase rates are terrific.

I hope that you will come stay with us again, and please let us know if we can help you with anything. Thanks again.
Henderson, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Staying in a hotel involves a certain level of trust. The hotel trusts that the guests mind the rules and don't damage the property. The guest trusts that their possessions will be safe, especially with staff entering your room daily to clean and straighten.

My husband and I accidently left a picnic backpack, a recent gift from our daughter, in our room when we checked out.. We left it on the desk .. Our hands were full and we walked out and left it.. I made sure the door locked as we left.. Housekeeping was in the room next door.

We called when we got home And realized our error but had difficulty getting a response. We called and left messages several times before we got a call back. We were eventually told that the item had not been found.

I realize that we left it. It was our error, however, where was the trust? Who else could have gotten into the room?

Even though we come to V Beach every few months, I don't feel I could trust staying there. There are no safes in the rooms so valuables are accessable to anyone with a pass key.

this hotel has lost my trade.

Room Tip: Don't leave valuables in your room.. If you have celiacs disease, bring your own breakfast.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express. I am very sorry that you can’t locate your bag, and I understand how important it is to you. As I said to your husband on the phone last Monday, I am sorry that we did not return your initial call.

Trust is a very important part of our job as a Team here at the Holiday Inn Express, and I am sorry if you feel that we let you down. All of the Team here is trained in Guest Security, and guest Lost and Found is a top priority. Every week Room Attendants turn in multiple phones, MP-3 music players, cash, important papers and documents, and a myriad of other personal belongings. I trust my team here and feel that they do an excellent job of reuniting guests with belongings left behind.

As I explained to your husband on Tuesday during our second call, I spoke to the person who cleaned your room that Sunday, and also to the Manager of the Housekeeping Team who was on the floors Sunday. Neither of them saw the backpack in your room after you checked out. As do other hotels, we offer free use of safe deposit boxes to protect your belongings.

I will continue to search for your bag, and will certainly contact you if we locate the item. I truly hope that I am able to regain your trust, and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further if you would like to call me. Thank you, and again I am sorry that you lost your bag.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I spent the night here while in Virginia Beach and enjoyed the stay. We stayed in one of the king bed suites and it was really nice, great view of the ocean. Very clean and the staff was extremely nice and friendly. Good breakfast bar. The only problem we had was the chlorine smell from the indoor swimming pool was extremely strong near the elevators. We both are bothered by strong chemical smells. Other than that the stay was perfect and would recommend anyone looking for a place to stay in the area to stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that the pool chemicals bothered you. We do check the water several times every day, and occasionally the chemicals get out of balance and strong odors are emitted.

I apologize for that, but do hope that you will stay with us on your next visit to Virginia Beach. Thanks again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!