“The view doesn't get better, the hotel is OK” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2607 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #31 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
Centreville, Virginia
“The view doesn't get better, the hotel is OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Really can't beat the location of the hotel. Right on the boardwalk with all rooms facing the ocean, the view is fantastic.It's also close to some restaurants and shopping (including a WalGreens). This is a no frills hotel. Plain lobby area that doubles as a breakfast area is about all there is besides the small pool/hot tub. The rooms are a good size and the beds are fine. The rooms have a fridge (it froze our sandwich) and a small coffee maker and a flat screen TV (with inputs for a game system or video camera). Wireless internet was poor. Streaming video was near impossible with the connection we had (even with excellent signal). During the summer (we were there in December) this will be a great place, although parking was difficult while we were there - I would expect it to be impossible in the summer. The free breakfast was good but the selection was limited. Expect a noisy AC/heat unit. The staff was friendly and for a decent rate, we would consider staying there in the summer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for staying with us recently, and thank you for your kind review. It is an amazing view here, and every room has that same view, each with a private balcony. The sights and sounds of the ocean can be very soothing, and we enjoy watching dolphins near the shore almost every morning at sunrise. I will check out our internet service, normally it is satisfactory. I am sorry that you could not do the things that you wanted to

I hope that you will return soon, prices are great now, the area is not crowded and the beach is beautiful. Thank you again.

357 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had 3 Oceanfront rooms for a family vacation over the Thanksgiving holidays... AMAZING views... direct oceanfront... even the 'breakfast room' has AMAZING oceanfront views, and a lovely outside dining deck that is oceanfront- for warmer weather dining!

They also had a nice pool/hot tub... I brought our youngest two daughters to the pool one evening, and they were delighted to have the ENTIRE pool to themselves!! :-)

They could punch up their breakfast during the week- but the weekend breafast was better, in our opinion! Maybe offer more 'healthy choices'... but if pancakes, biscuits and gravy, bagels, muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage/bacon sound like something your family could 'get by on' then THIS is YOUR kinda breakfast!! :-)

We got a GREAT deal on the rooms... pay in advance, and you'll pay about a THIRD of the going rate on arrival!! FABULOUS deal!!

We would stay here again-especially if we got the same amazing rate!! Great deal for oceanfront rooms, with two QUEEN size beds each! :-)

Room Tip: Buy in advance and SAVE BIG on rooms!!! We only paid about 1/3 of the going rate by doing this...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for the nice review. I am glad that you and your family were able to enjoy your holiday with us. It is great that you found a cheaper rate online, HolidayInn.com always has the cheapest available rates, and some of the advance purchase rates are terrific.

I hope that you will come stay with us again, and please let us know if we can help you with anything. Thanks again.
Henderson, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Staying in a hotel involves a certain level of trust. The hotel trusts that the guests mind the rules and don't damage the property. The guest trusts that their possessions will be safe, especially with staff entering your room daily to clean and straighten.

My husband and I accidently left a picnic backpack, a recent gift from our daughter, in our room when we checked out.. We left it on the desk .. Our hands were full and we walked out and left it.. I made sure the door locked as we left.. Housekeeping was in the room next door.

We called when we got home And realized our error but had difficulty getting a response. We called and left messages several times before we got a call back. We were eventually told that the item had not been found.

I realize that we left it. It was our error, however, where was the trust? Who else could have gotten into the room?

Even though we come to V Beach every few months, I don't feel I could trust staying there. There are no safes in the rooms so valuables are accessable to anyone with a pass key.

this hotel has lost my trade.

Room Tip: Don't leave valuables in your room.. If you have celiacs disease, bring your own breakfast.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express. I am very sorry that you can’t locate your bag, and I understand how important it is to you. As I said to your husband on the phone last Monday, I am sorry that we did not return your initial call.

Trust is a very important part of our job as a Team here at the Holiday Inn Express, and I am sorry if you feel that we let you down. All of the Team here is trained in Guest Security, and guest Lost and Found is a top priority. Every week Room Attendants turn in multiple phones, MP-3 music players, cash, important papers and documents, and a myriad of other personal belongings. I trust my team here and feel that they do an excellent job of reuniting guests with belongings left behind.

As I explained to your husband on Tuesday during our second call, I spoke to the person who cleaned your room that Sunday, and also to the Manager of the Housekeeping Team who was on the floors Sunday. Neither of them saw the backpack in your room after you checked out. As do other hotels, we offer free use of safe deposit boxes to protect your belongings.

I will continue to search for your bag, and will certainly contact you if we locate the item. I truly hope that I am able to regain your trust, and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further if you would like to call me. Thank you, and again I am sorry that you lost your bag.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I spent the night here while in Virginia Beach and enjoyed the stay. We stayed in one of the king bed suites and it was really nice, great view of the ocean. Very clean and the staff was extremely nice and friendly. Good breakfast bar. The only problem we had was the chlorine smell from the indoor swimming pool was extremely strong near the elevators. We both are bothered by strong chemical smells. Other than that the stay was perfect and would recommend anyone looking for a place to stay in the area to stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that the pool chemicals bothered you. We do check the water several times every day, and occasionally the chemicals get out of balance and strong odors are emitted.

I apologize for that, but do hope that you will stay with us on your next visit to Virginia Beach. Thanks again.
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Took a family weekend trip, Mom, my sister and myself. We had a wonderful time, the hotel was nice and a good location. We spent a couple of nights at this hotel and it was a great stay. Definitely will stay again, comfortable beds, sofa bed (which was pretty comfortable)...great oceanfront views.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for your business, and thanks for the nice comments. Our goal is to provide a great stay, and it sounds like we did that.

We look forward to seeing you again, thanks.
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed here several times in the last 3 years and well continue to do so! This Hotel is verry clean, and you can take your free hot breakfast each morning. Great location beach front and hotel has been remodeled nicely. The staff are always helpful. Highly recommend this hotel,

Breakfast include !!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us recently and we appreciate the great review that you gave us. I am glad that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast, and I am happy to hear that the Team here was able to give you some great recommendations for fun places to eat and visit.

I hope that you will come back soon to visit, we have some great rates this time of year, and the beach is beautiful during the fall. Holiday Lights will begin later this month and run through New Year's Day. What a great reason to visit the beach.

Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Let's face it, when staying in Virginia Beach you want to face the ocean. No problem here as all rooms do and hotel is right on the beach. Check in was friendly though no mention of Plat status and received standard room. It's IHG policy not to extend status benefits to award stays though some hotels do this as they choose. We were staying in the off season so hotel was not very busy. Free parking, internet, and breakfast as you'd expect at this chain and two computers in the lobby to use also with a printer. As others have stated not much more to this hotel than that (well, there is an indoor pool and jacuzzi if you get tired of the beach) so if you're looking for other amenities better to select a full service property though for us it was just what we needed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for being a Platinum Member of IHG's Priority Club. We appreciate your business and loyalty, and I am sorry that we did not recognize you and upgrade you. Please let me know before your next visit and we will be sure to upgrade you as a valued PC Member.

I am glad that we met your needs, and I hope to see you again soon. Holiday Lights on the Boardwalk will be ready later this month, and if you are looking for a reason to come back, that is a great evening at the beach for the whole family.

Thank you again, and I look forward to your return visit.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!