Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I spent the night here while in Virginia Beach and enjoyed the stay. We stayed in one of the king bed suites and it was really nice, great view of the ocean. Very clean and the staff was extremely nice and friendly. Good breakfast bar. The only problem we had was the chlorine smell from the indoor swimming pool was extremely strong near the elevators. We both are bothered by strong chemical smells. Other than that the stay was perfect and would recommend anyone looking for a place to stay in the area to stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that the pool chemicals bothered you. We do check the water several times every day, and occasionally the chemicals get out of balance and strong odors are emitted.

I apologize for that, but do hope that you will stay with us on your next visit to Virginia Beach. Thanks again.

359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Took a family weekend trip, Mom, my sister and myself. We had a wonderful time, the hotel was nice and a good location. We spent a couple of nights at this hotel and it was a great stay. Definitely will stay again, comfortable beds, sofa bed (which was pretty comfortable)...great oceanfront views.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for your business, and thanks for the nice comments. Our goal is to provide a great stay, and it sounds like we did that.

We look forward to seeing you again, thanks.
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed here several times in the last 3 years and well continue to do so! This Hotel is verry clean, and you can take your free hot breakfast each morning. Great location beach front and hotel has been remodeled nicely. The staff are always helpful. Highly recommend this hotel,

Breakfast include !!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us recently and we appreciate the great review that you gave us. I am glad that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast, and I am happy to hear that the Team here was able to give you some great recommendations for fun places to eat and visit.

I hope that you will come back soon to visit, we have some great rates this time of year, and the beach is beautiful during the fall. Holiday Lights will begin later this month and run through New Year's Day. What a great reason to visit the beach.

Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Let's face it, when staying in Virginia Beach you want to face the ocean. No problem here as all rooms do and hotel is right on the beach. Check in was friendly though no mention of Plat status and received standard room. It's IHG policy not to extend status benefits to award stays though some hotels do this as they choose. We were staying in the off season so hotel was not very busy. Free parking, internet, and breakfast as you'd expect at this chain and two computers in the lobby to use also with a printer. As others have stated not much more to this hotel than that (well, there is an indoor pool and jacuzzi if you get tired of the beach) so if you're looking for other amenities better to select a full service property though for us it was just what we needed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for being a Platinum Member of IHG's Priority Club. We appreciate your business and loyalty, and I am sorry that we did not recognize you and upgrade you. Please let me know before your next visit and we will be sure to upgrade you as a valued PC Member.

I am glad that we met your needs, and I hope to see you again soon. Holiday Lights on the Boardwalk will be ready later this month, and if you are looking for a reason to come back, that is a great evening at the beach for the whole family.

Thank you again, and I look forward to your return visit.
Honolulu
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express brand is the mid-price line of hotels under the Holiday Inn umbrella. The "Express" means just that. You're opting for limited amenities in exchange for a lower price. So, if you're the kind of traveler that doesn't spend a lot of time in the hotel, because you're out enjoying your vacation, however you expect a clean room with the basics when you return at the end of the day, then this is for you.

The Rooms: Roomy and comfortable with mini-fridge's and coffee makers. The beds are a little too firm for my taste. Clean, however they do have an air of heavy traffic as evidenced by the worn carpeting. The fan in my bathroom was hanging out of it's ceiling socket and you could see that the inside was covered in dust. Also, the toilet paper holder looks as if it had been ripped out of the wall and then an attempt was made to screw it back into place. I kind of get the feeling that this hotel gets overrun during Spring Break and is a big party hangout.

A big plus with me is the internet service. It's free, easy to connect to, and definitely high-speed. So many other hotels advertise high-speed only to find out it's slower than molasses.

The Breakfast: The complimentary breakfast is basic, decent and good. If you're expecting some big spread buffet, you're dreaming. On most days, your choices are: cereal, omelettes, pancakes, danish and fruit. Nothing wrong with that. On the other hand, there are lots of restaurants to choose from right outside the hotel door.

The Other Stuff: Parking is free. The main parking lot is small, so you may have to park a block away at one of the hotel's alternate car parks. --- The Business Center is available for use if you didn't bring your own laptop. It's also convenient for printing out things like boarding passes. --- The hotel also has an indoor pool, jacuzzi, laundry and fitness center, but I didn't use any of them, so I'll pass on commenting on them.

The Location: This hotel is right on the beach in the center of Virginia Beach's ocean front. Restaurants, bars, shops are all within a few minutes walk from the hotel.

The Staff: The Staff is extremely polite, helpful and inviting. They manage to greet you as if they've been waiting to see you all day, and they do it without making it seem phony. That's harder than it sounds considering how many times you have to do it every day!

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room toward's the end of the halls away from the elevator bank. Next...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your visit here, and for posting your comments. I apologize for the dirty fan in the bathroom, we are in process of cleaning those fans, and I will make sure that we keep them clean in all of the rooms.

Thank you again for your review, I am glad that you enjoyed your visit, and yes, we are limited in our offerings but my goal is to do those things very well. I am glad that you were satisfied with our facility and services.
Colonial Heights, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Wehave stayed here several times in last two years and will continue to do so. Great location beach front and hotel has been remodeled nicely. Staff is always helpful. Great full breakfast served daily as well as indoor pool/sauna that face oceanfront. Highly recommend this hotel, especially in offseason. One of, if not the best value on VA Beach

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your business, and thanks for the positive comments. We are glad to know that you are a return guest, and we hope that you are a member of the IHG Priority Club.

We survived Hurricane Sandy just fine, and the beach and businesses here are open and ready to go. We hope that you will come back again soon, and thanks again.
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Definitely recommend this hotel for a VA Beach stay, but it was just average: nothing terrible, nothing outstanding. Clean room, ocean view, good location, free wi-fi and breakfast. The room has a fridge but, oddly, no microwave so this isn't really a good option for anyone staying for more than a weekend unless you're fine eating all your meals out. One night I stayed with friends in town and the hotel called to ask me whether I had checked out or not, which I thought was strange. The housekeeping was also sporadic, sometimes coming at 9 am, sometimes not til 3 and always asking me if I wanted service...yes, obviously. Anyways, I would recommend this hotel overall but not if you're looking for any kind of special experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your review. While I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, I am troubled that your experience did not equal your expectations. I will certainly address the issues that you mention in your review, and I would appreciate hearing from you about anything else we could do to make this a Great Hotel that Guests Love.

Thank you again for your business, and I hope to hear from you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!