The Holiday Inn Express brand is the mid-price line of hotels under the Holiday Inn umbrella. The "Express" means just that. You're opting for limited amenities in exchange for a lower price. So, if you're the kind of traveler that doesn't spend a lot of time in the hotel, because you're out enjoying your vacation, however you expect a clean room with the basics when you return at the end of the day, then this is for you.
The Rooms: Roomy and comfortable with mini-fridge's and coffee makers. The beds are a little too firm for my taste. Clean, however they do have an air of heavy traffic as evidenced by the worn carpeting. The fan in my bathroom was hanging out of it's ceiling socket and you could see that the inside was covered in dust. Also, the toilet paper holder looks as if it had been ripped out of the wall and then an attempt was made to screw it back into place. I kind of get the feeling that this hotel gets overrun during Spring Break and is a big party hangout.
A big plus with me is the internet service. It's free, easy to connect to, and definitely high-speed. So many other hotels advertise high-speed only to find out it's slower than molasses.
The Breakfast: The complimentary breakfast is basic, decent and good. If you're expecting some big spread buffet, you're dreaming. On most days, your choices are: cereal, omelettes, pancakes, danish and fruit. Nothing wrong with that. On the other hand, there are lots of restaurants to choose from right outside the hotel door.
The Other Stuff: Parking is free. The main parking lot is small, so you may have to park a block away at one of the hotel's alternate car parks. --- The Business Center is available for use if you didn't bring your own laptop. It's also convenient for printing out things like boarding passes. --- The hotel also has an indoor pool, jacuzzi, laundry and fitness center, but I didn't use any of them, so I'll pass on commenting on them.
The Location: This hotel is right on the beach in the center of Virginia Beach's ocean front. Restaurants, bars, shops are all within a few minutes walk from the hotel.
The Staff: The Staff is extremely polite, helpful and inviting. They manage to greet you as if they've been waiting to see you all day, and they do it without making it seem phony. That's harder than it sounds considering how many times you have to do it every day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with us at the new Holiday Inn Express and experience the same great service you have come to love when staying at the Oceanfront. Our upbeat decor and interior enhancements with remodeled guest rooms and public spaces will impress the whole family. We are now a 100% smoke-free hotel. The name may be Holiday Inn Express but your vacation will be at your own pace at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. At the Holiday Inn Express, we make your family vacation accommodations our number one priority with friendly customer service, direct beach and boardwalk access, and complimentary continental breakfast served to all of our guests. For fitness and relaxation, visit our year-round indoor swimming pool, whirlpool spa, and fitness room. All of our guest rooms include a complimentary continental breakfast and have a private balcony with a full oceanfront view of the beach and boardwalk, mini-refrigerator, hair dryers, coffee makers and free high-speed Internet access. Conveniently located in the center of the Virginia Beach resort area, there are many local attractions nearby such as the Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, Virginia Beach Amphitheater, 11 golf courses, parasailing, bicycle and boat rentals, Virginia Aquarium, and the Virginia Beach Convention Center.Enjoy the service and experience of an oceanfront resort hotel with all of the amenities you expect from a Holiday Inn at Virginia Beach's Holiday Inn Express(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Virginia Beach
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn