We loved our hotel room! We were upgraded to a suite on the end which was wonderful! The room was beautiful, the view was great! The room was very clean, the beds were fairly comfortable, and very clean. The shower was great with high water pressure. The cleaning staff did a great job and not once did they knock on our door or try to open it, even when we forgot to put out the do not disturb sign (which is what we've experienced elsewhere).
The only complaint we had is breakfast. The first morning we were there an hour before breakfast closed. In my opinion they were missing about half of the items they should have had. There was no fruit whatsoever, except yogurt. Both pancake machines were "out of service". They did have pancakes that they made and then brought out but they were cold and dry. The juice machine needed refilling, all the juices were merely slightly colored water. There was almost no bread to toast, there were a few bagels. But there were no muffins, or pastries like I have seen at other holiday inn expresses. There was basically eggs, bacon, and cinnamon rolls. They did have plenty of yogurt and milk and cereal, but the milk was awful. I think it was that kind that has extra preservatives in it. Even the skim milk had a "thick" texture and it tasted awful on my cereal.
The second day of breakfast we were there later, at about 9:30 when they were closing up breakfast. We would have gotten there much earlier but from our 9th floor room, it took us 20 minutes to get an elevator!!!! There were still many people at breakfast. We barely got some food before they started clearing out everything. They even took away the napkins and utensils so we couldn't get any more! We understand that it was 9:30 at that breakfast was closing, but couldn't they just leave the stuff out until we were done? Maybe just not bring anything else out? They were taking away hot food that should not have been saved for the next day, so why not just let us finish our breakfast? We felt that was silly, especially since the lack of food variety was limited the second day as well.
All in all we loved the hotel, and if they could get the breakfast issues fixed, it would really be a total package.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with us at the new Holiday Inn Express and experience the same great service you have come to love when staying at the Oceanfront. Our upbeat decor and interior enhancements with remodeled guest rooms and public spaces will impress the whole family. We are now a 100% smoke-free hotel. The name may be Holiday Inn Express but your vacation will be at your own pace at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. At the Holiday Inn Express, we make your family vacation accommodations our number one priority with friendly customer service, direct beach and boardwalk access, and complimentary continental breakfast served to all of our guests. For fitness and relaxation, visit our year-round indoor swimming pool, whirlpool spa, and fitness room. All of our guest rooms include a complimentary continental breakfast and have a private balcony with a full oceanfront view of the beach and boardwalk, mini-refrigerator, hair dryers, coffee makers and free high-speed Internet access. Conveniently located in the center of the Virginia Beach resort area, there are many local attractions nearby such as the Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, Virginia Beach Amphitheater, 11 golf courses, parasailing, bicycle and boat rentals, Virginia Aquarium, and the Virginia Beach Convention Center.Enjoy the service and experience of an oceanfront resort hotel with all of the amenities you expect from a Holiday Inn at Virginia Beach's Holiday Inn Express(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Virginia Beach
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn