You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sarnia, Canada
“Good beach hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Good hotel. All rooms face beach. Easy to get in and out to. Each. Sept easy to park. Close to restaurants and attractions.
Older hotel but very nice. Refrigerator in room but wish they had microwave. We had handicapped room so shower head a little high and toilet high off ground. Good point about room was it was a little larger and had king bed bed comfy

Room Tip: All rooms face beach with balcony!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear valued guest, thank you for staying with us recently, and thank you for your positive comments about the hotel. I am glad that you and your companions had a great vacation. We try to ensure that all of our guests have a positive experience here.

I hope that we will see you again soon, and again I thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Virginia Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
yoshi00
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights in August. We were the Williamsburg area and tacked on a beach trip at the end. The beach in Virginia Beach is very nice. It was very clean and long and not too crowded. We had a great view of the beach and boardwalk. I believe all the rooms have a view of the ocean. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast buffet was pretty good as well. There was an indoor pool and a jacuzzi. The location was great. It was very close to many restaurants and night time entertainment on beach street. We found a spot in the main parking lot and did not move our car during our stay. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for the positive review. I am glad that we were able to satisfy you and your travel companions on your last minute trip to the beach.

There is a great deal to see and do, and it is nice to park your car and forget it for a few days. Thank you again, and we hope that you will return to the Holiday Inn Express at Virginia Beach soon.
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Submitting my review of the Holiday Inn Express at 2607 Atlantic Ave. in Virginia Beach. I've been traveling to Virginia Beach, VA once per year since 2009 (09, 10, 11 & 12). Three out of the four trips thus far my family and I have stayed at this hotel. We always book a suite-style room. I really like the hotel. Rooms are clean and large. I love the location of the hotel on the beachfront and enjoy the ocean-front views from each room no matter which floor you're assigned. I do enjoy the complementary breakfast in the dining area on the first floor. Many times I'll wake up early, grab the laptop and sit downstairs and have some coffee and toast and watch the sun rise. Parking is a little tricky during the busy times. The lot can handle about ~20-30 cars with the overflow needing to park in a lot two short blocks away. My kids love the pool. The one downside, and it's not a flaw of the hotel, the "rewards points" program offered by the HIE does not allow you to turn in your points for a suite style room. (bummer). Otherwise, we love the hotel and will return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for your great comments, and thank you for being a loyal Guest and a member of the IHG Priority Club. We love to have Priority Club guests stay with us and value their feedback.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will see you again next summer (or maybe you can get away for a quick weekend this fall or in the spring.)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were in town for the Rock n Roll Half Marathon and enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Our oceanfront room was very clean and the housekeeping staff was very courteous. The breakfast was good and staff kept the food replenished despite the large crowds for the holiday weekend. There were lots of restaurants and shops nearby and easy access to the beach and boardwalk. I would definitely recommend this hotel to our family and friends.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for posting the great comments. I will be sure to let the team here know that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope that you will come back and visit again soon. Through the fall the wather is still nice, the ocean warm and the restaurants and shops are not as crowded as they are on busy summer weekends.

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

This was a last minute long weekend getaway for our family. The view was amazing but that's about it. The rooms appeared to be clean at first glance but if you looked closer, it was clear that a true cleaning was greatly needed. The sliding doors need to be replaced in a very bad way. Staff was friendly and helpful but grounds including outdoor space was not monitored for cleanliness. A random microwave sat in the hallway next to the elevator for our entire stay...this facility could be GREAT if better management was in place.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your posting, and thank you for your business. As the new General Manager here, I am aware of some of the issues that you raise, and am working to address the problems that you have noted.

I always appreciate feedback, and thank you for letting me know about the problems you encountered. I hope that you will return here and give us another try.

Thank you again.
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Love this hotel! The front desk staff are the nicest people ever! Very friendly and helpful, if I needed anything the took care of it right away. The manger was on site everyday, said hi but that was about it. Breakfast was good everyday. I would have rated it higher but the cleaning staff needs to step it up! We had a King room, when we checked in there was no sheets on the bed or in our room, my parents had a king room as well and they had sheet/blankets in a bag in their closet. so I used them. They didn't make the sofa bed or even put it away so I just did it everyday. Sheet weren't changed on the days they were supposed to, some days the room was done by lunch others it wasn't done until 4:30! The one day both my Dad and I had to ask the girl to do our rooms her comment was 'oh you want service today?' Really it should be done every day! The floor was in dire need of vaccuuming I think it was done once the whole week, it's an ocean front hotel, every other day at least! Again I can not stress how great the ladies at the desk are, one even took my sons lunch to the microwave in the back, because another family was cooking a 4course meal in the lobby! A hello every time you walk into the lobby with a smile! That ind of service makes us come back!

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean front, can't get a bad view! I prefer a higher floor, we were on the 4th fl...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for the nice comments about the Team at the Front Desk, I am glad that they took care of you in a professional and friendly manner.

I am sorry to hear about the issues with Housekeeping, and would like to get more details from you. If you will contact me at your convenience it will help me to make the hotel better for all of our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us and for posting the favorable review.
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stayed there for a family vacation with kids. The location is super convenient - right on the beach , close to everything , 5 min from the Neptune statue , 10 min from Farm Fresh, with lots of food places just minutes away.

While the staff is very friendly and accommodating at first , it took us five (!) phone calls over the course of three days to have a light fixture above the bed fixed.

The room was missing a microwave ( against what has been promised by the folks at reservations) and it took us another three days and several calls to get one.

The door to the balcony needed a major muscle to open and close, my wife had to struggle with this every time.

The carpets in the lobby and elevators are screaming to be cleaned.

The breakfast is really basic - never beyond pancakes, yogurt and omelet with your coffee. Hasn't been an issue for us since we made our own most of the time.

The air conditioner was making noises comparable to helicopter on barrage , really noisy and hard to get used to, we had to turn it off half through the night.

My prospective on this ( I spent about 60% of last year staying in the hotels, Hilton Gold etc) - this hotel is overpriced for the level of service and quality of the rooms provided.

Half the times when we asked the room service to make the room before 2 pm ( needed to put the kids for the afternoon nap) , the room has not been ready.

As a summary , nothing beats the beach and the ocean but our stay could of been more refined than this.

P.S. you must like the sound of military jets when you visit in this area , you will hear lots of it :-) .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express. I am glad that you enjoyed your time here, but am distressed to learn that we did not solve problems for you when you brought them to our attention. I plan to use your comments as a training tool for my team, and will try my best to be sure that similar problems don't happen to other guests.

There is no reason that you should have to ask 5 times for a light bulb. I am very sorry that happened. I will address the other specific issues that you raise, and again, please accept my apologies as we strive to meet our guests' expectations.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!