We like to spend a week at VA Beach every year and have stayed at most of the large hotel chains that line the VA Beach boardwalk.
-Very costly in Aug ($280/night).
-Indoor pool and hot tub, and both worked well.
-Room was clean and air conditioner worked well.
-Hotel staff was very friendly.
-Free breakfast each morning. Free coffee/tea anytime of day/night.
-Beautiful views from balcony. We saw dolphins every day.
-Great boardwalk with lots to see and do. We walked the boardwalk each night and saw plays, musicians, bands, etc. All free.
-Safe areas, even late at night
-Beach lifeguards are very professional and attentive.
-Beaches are sifted and cleaned early each morning.
-The free breakfast was always crowded after 8a. They don't check to see if you're staying at the hotel and I heard a group at a table next to us bragging that they were at the apt building next door and were getting free breakfast each morning.
-Smokers: though it's not allowed, many smoke on their balcony. I like to keep my balcony door open while in the room but the cigarette smoke was always coming into the room and I had to close it. I complained twice to the desk staff but they did nothing.
-Two elevators but they were slow and the wait was quite long. We were on the 8th floor but found it easier and quicker to take the stairs!
-Parking is tough to find in August. We rarely were able to park onsite. Holiday Inn had us park down the street at an auxillary lot.
-Ocean Air Force Base is very close and you hear the F18 jets flying out to sea all day long. I love planes but the noise is VERY loud.
Try to find a place to eat outside the strip. Most of the food places across the street are costly and the food is only adequate. We always frequent Captain George's Seafood Buffet which is only 4 miles away, on Laskin Road (go early or late). If you're in the mood for dinner and a movie, try the Beach Movie Bistro, also on Laskin Road. You arrive early, order dinner, and receive it as the previews are starting.
We would stay here again but only if the Marriott is full (as it was this time).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with us at the new Holiday Inn Express and experience the same great service you have come to love when staying at the Oceanfront. Our upbeat decor and interior enhancements with remodeled guest rooms and public spaces will impress the whole family. We are now a 100% smoke-free hotel. The name may be Holiday Inn Express but your vacation will be at your own pace at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. At the Holiday Inn Express, we make your family vacation accommodations our number one priority with friendly customer service, direct beach and boardwalk access, and complimentary continental breakfast served to all of our guests. For fitness and relaxation, visit our year-round indoor swimming pool, whirlpool spa, and fitness room. All of our guest rooms include a complimentary continental breakfast and have a private balcony with a full oceanfront view of the beach and boardwalk, mini-refrigerator, hair dryers, coffee makers and free high-speed Internet access. Conveniently located in the center of the Virginia Beach resort area, there are many local attractions nearby such as the Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, Virginia Beach Amphitheater, 11 golf courses, parasailing, bicycle and boat rentals, Virginia Aquarium, and the Virginia Beach Convention Center.Enjoy the service and experience of an oceanfront resort hotel with all of the amenities you expect from a Holiday Inn at Virginia Beach's Holiday Inn Express(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Virginia Beach
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn