We arrived about 1 pm and was told by the sweet young lady at the front desk that check in was at 4pm but if we waited around, a room may become ready sooner. We went across the street to "Georges" and had a very nice lunch. When we returned to the hotel I was told that a suite (which we had reserved) was ready. THe check in was fast and problem free. The suites are at the corners of the hotel and very large. There's a short hallway between the bedroom and the living area so my granddaughter was able to go to sleep without us having to be too quiet. All rooms had balconies on the ocean so the view was great, could watch the dolpins every morning. My husband and I vacationed with our grown daughter, and our son and granddaughter from NC and there was room for all of us in the suite. The complimentary hot and cold breakfast was great! There were plenty of tables inside and a few outside as well. We found all the staff to be very helpful if needed. The hotel was clean and inviting. The only negative we encounted was the parking. There was only space for one vehicle per room so my son had to park his car in an overnight parking garage about 3 blocks away for $7 per night. It did not, however, cause a problem fo us. Would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with us at the new Holiday Inn Express and experience the same great service you have come to love when staying at the Oceanfront. Our upbeat decor and interior enhancements with remodeled guest rooms and public spaces will impress the whole family. We are now a 100% smoke-free hotel. The name may be Holiday Inn Express but your vacation will be at your own pace at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. At the Holiday Inn Express, we make your family vacation accommodations our number one priority with friendly customer service, direct beach and boardwalk access, and complimentary continental breakfast served to all of our guests. For fitness and relaxation, visit our year-round indoor swimming pool, whirlpool spa, and fitness room. All of our guest rooms include a complimentary continental breakfast and have a private balcony with a full oceanfront view of the beach and boardwalk, mini-refrigerator, hair dryers, coffee makers and free high-speed Internet access. Conveniently located in the center of the Virginia Beach resort area, there are many local attractions nearby such as the Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, Virginia Beach Amphitheater, 11 golf courses, parasailing, bicycle and boat rentals, Virginia Aquarium, and the Virginia Beach Convention Center.Enjoy the service and experience of an oceanfront resort hotel with all of the amenities you expect from a Holiday Inn at Virginia Beach's Holiday Inn Express(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Virginia Beach
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn