“The New Citrus” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Charlottesville
“The New Citrus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2015 NEW

We drove up to the small, old Citrus and decided to try the new one. We sat outside and enjoyed the good service and good food. They have a huge menu with very healthy foods such as carrot pancakes to just yummy. I had the soft shell crab benedict, which pleased me. The crab could have been a touch softer. My daughter had the mango croissant French toast with scrabbled eggs, bacon, and hash browns. She took most of the french toast home with her.

• Visited May 2015

Virginia Beach
“BEST BREAKFAST IN TOWN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2015

Our go-to place for breakfast. New location is bigger and brighter than the old; not that the old place wasn't great, too (and still is if you can find a parking spot).
It's a little pricey compared to many other breakfast places, but worth the few extra bucks. As always, you get what you pay for; at Citrus you get a pleasant breakfast experience along with great food. Mainly a locals hangout, but if you're visiting give it a go. It's off the tourist track, a 10-15 minute drive from the oceanfront resort area, so ask at your hotel for directions.

• Visited March 2015
virginia beach, va
“Light and Lovely Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2015

This was my first visit to Citrus and I went to the new location on Great Neck. The restaurant is inviting...light and airy, kind of like a serving of rainbow sherbet minus the raspberry! Shades of orange, lime, and lemon and very pale wood tones. Very comfortable seating in this appealing space. The staff is fantastic, they provide exemplary service. We stayed drinking constantly refilled coffee way longer than we should have with a crowd gathering...but it was comfortable for a visit. About the food, I had something called the fit five -- have no idea what it meant but I got very tasty toast, completely yummy yogurt and fruit and, sorry, a pretty tasteless omelet. I will go back and try again because it was a delightful place and deserves another chance with non-diet selections.

• Visited April 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Va Beach
“Definitely a must for Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2015

Right off the bat. Get there early. Yes it's that good and there is always a line, but to be fair to Citrus they seat you pretty quickly. Mimosas and eggsbenadick our my order of the day. Just go, you'll enjoy the food. As a bonus the staff is super nice and very friendly.
This is an there new location in Renaissance Center near London Bridge intersection.

• Visited April 2015
Venice, Florida
“Disappointed with Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I ordered the Citrus Pancake Breakfast as the waitress said this was their speciality and it was featured on the show Dinners, Dives, and Drive ins. The pancakes were average at best and a little on the rubbery side. The citrus sauce was good but nothing to come back for. The link sausages were excellent but they and the eggs were less than warm when served. So for 2 eggs, 2 link sausages, 2 pancakes, too little citrus sause ( I had to pay extra when I requested more), and a cup of coffee for my wife and I, we paid a total bill of $26.16 before the tip. It wasn't worth the price. We will not be back.
The inside of the restaurant was new, open and colorful but still not worth the price in the Virginia Beach area where there are so many places with better breakfasts at less price.

Visited April 2015