“Worth the Wait” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Gloucester, Virginia
“Worth the Wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

There are very few places on a Sunday morning I would wait 30 minutes for a table to eat breakfast, this is one of them. There are no shortage of breakfast establishments in Va Beach but not many as good as this one. We were a party of 6, the service was excellent, the menu extencive with some unique specials incorporating seafood. We were served our meal in very good time, especially considering they were full to capacity. We all thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast and I would wait another 30 minutes next time if I had to.

Visited December 2012

85% Recommend
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“best pancakes ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Tried Citrus for the 1st time after hearing rave reviews about it from friends. Was not disappointed. I had the famous Citrus pancakes and the orange glaze was amazing. It was not overly sweet and had a nice zesty taste. The crab omelet was also very good. The staff were all super friendly and the service was good. Place was packed despite it being Christmas eve morning. The only downside was the small parking lot.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norfolk, Virginia
“Once was one too many”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

After an early morning stop at Wawa’s for coffee, I traveled along Shore Drive to Citrus to see what Virginia Beach had to offer as a breakfast stop. I arrived at 7:00am just as the TVs were turned on and the doors opened. A bubbly server greeted me and she was like sunshine in the day. I sat at the bar and ordered a Belgium waffle and sausage patties.

The establishment, itself, reminded me of a small sports bar, but without the booze. After about a 15minute wait, my server informed me that ‘they’ were having trouble with the waffle machine. About 10 minutes later, the waffle and sausage arrived. The waffle was awful, and I didn’t eat but a few bites. When asked, I informed my server that it was horrible. She asked if I wanted something else. When I said no, she said ‘no charge’.

When I left, I initially thought of returning soon to experience that human sunshine. Then I began thinking of the time that I spent waiting in front of a television tuned to ‘Fox and Friends’. I thought of the 30 minutes of listening to people continuously talking about how horrible the current presidential administration is, and criticizing the democratic process in which the will of the people re-elected the current president for 4 more years. Nope. This environment is not the place for me. I shall not return.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Centreville, Virginia
“Great healthy breakfast options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Came here both saturday and sunday for breakfast and the place was already hopping with patrons and servers. Small parking area to accomodate everyone so they opened up an overflow parking area on weekends. Wait times varies from 20-30 mins on a busy weekend which always is.

A lot of choices on the menu. What is special for me are the healthy options section for the health conscious. Servers are warm and friendly. Service is great. Refills on all drinks except on mimosas and bloody marys.

A fresh change from the typical breakfast joints around the area.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“great Breakfast place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Went to eat breakfast one morning the place was very crowded, thought this is a good sign, waited about 15 min before being seated. It was a nice atmosphere, service was pretty good and food was very good also, but what I really liked was the watermelon drink, fresh watermelon blended over ice was delish. I would go back again.

• Visited August 2012